What are YOU doing about Global Warming?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
    I bought a house about 1/4 mile from the water. I figure if the polar ice caps keep melting, I'll be waterfront in no time
    It'll still be Rat City, counselor

If you'd gotten off your ass and chased a few more Rural Metro Ambulances you could have afforded Alki Beach like I told you.

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Switch84
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

LMAO!

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
      A city under sea level in Hurricane Alley with crappy levees. It was a situation bound to happen.
      That's it in a nutshell. Let's not forget the decades of corrupt Louisiana politicians that funneled levee funding into their own pockets and knew the levees weren't up to F-3 standards. Now Governor 'Blando' and New Orleans Mayor Ray 'Nigin' want 250+ BILLION for the recovery. More money to be improperly used by those shysters.

This is off-topic, but an idea to discuss...As a condition of receiving FEMA financial assistance, make the New Orleanians clean up their own city. The other states hit by Katrina, Rita and Wilma are doing it on their own accord. The N.O. 'pookies' are the only ones bitching incessantly.
      "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
      Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Re: LMAO!

Originally posted by Switch84

This is off-topic, but an idea to discuss...As a condition of receiving FEMA financial assistance, make the New Orleanians clean up their own city. The other states hit by Katrina, Rita and Wilma are doing it on their own accord. The N.O. 'pookies' are the only ones bitching incessantly.

Great idea, however it flies in the face of awarding the No-Bid clean up contracts to Halliburton.

Comment

• bastardog
          Commando
          • Feb 2004

I'm opening my refrigerator a lot of times during the day when seen TV to help liberating cold air to the atmosphere.
          Bastardog

Comment

• Roy Munson
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

I recycle EVERYTHING that I possibly can. I've done that for the past 15 years. My best friend from college days, God rest his soul, was a true liberal and actually inspired me to do it. It's just common sense, really. Why not renew what materials you can?

I also try to limit any unneccassary driving that I can and I don't go much over the speed limit. Again, this stuff is common sense. I'm also thinking about buying a hybrid next time around buying a new car.

All of this said, I do think that global warming is a major exaggeration and should be taken with a grain of salt. Remember, back in the 70's when scientists said that the earth was cooling too fast and that we were headed for another Ice Age?

PS to FORD -

You might have heard about my friend from college? He died back in 1995 in a cave off of Lake Pend Oreille north of Spokane. He was with his wifes' cousin who was the son of Spokanes' city manager. It was big news in the Washington state area. They were deep inside of one of the caves and some rocks shifted and released carbon monoxide and they fell asleep. He was one of my closest friends and I miss him to this very day. It sounds silly, but everytime I recycle I think about him.

Last edited by Roy Munson; 04-10-2006, 01:21 PM.
            Originally posted by ELVIS
            I guess you're right...

Comment

• lesfunk
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

To compensate for Global warming I will be running My air conditioner more.
              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• TongueNGroove
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2004

If the world really is warming (it's not) man has nothing to do with it. Do you realy think what little pollution we put in the air rivals what naturally goes in the air from things like volcano’s and cow farts?

Look at mount st. Helens, that thing put more pollution in the air at one time than man has in our entire existence.... Earth had no problem cleaning up that mess.

Man has only be industrialized for around 100 years..You realy think in a 100 years that we have hurt what has been here for 5 billion years?

Do you really think that in our 200 years of tracking weather patterns that we have enough information to even gauge if the world is warming? More less to assume that it is mans fault?

As has been said, the earth changes over time, with or without man being here. We have Ice ages and Warmer ages, it's all perfectly normal and there's nothing we can do about it.

The only thing that really concerns me is the rate at which the rain forests are being wiped out. You can't replace the life that is in the rain forests. All the undiscovered species of plant and animals that could lead to cures for diseases are irreplaceable. Sure, you can always plant new trees to provide oxygen to help the environment, but you can never replace all that life.

That said, the people destroying the rain forests really have no choice, it's either clear land to raise cattle or starve to death.
                -We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  So I guess you didn't vote for Kerry then, since he didn't say three words about it during the 04 campaign?

Well, I could have voted for the big-oil whore that resides in the White House now continuing the status quo and helping the oil companies bending us over, because of the record profits that motivate them to do little else...

Actually, Kerry led the charge against Arctic drilling, which would have been a drop in the bucket...

So I guess you don't have anything good to say about those hypocrites the kennedys who are blocking the buidling of windmills on their beloved Martha's Vineyard b/c it would ruin their precious skyline...
                  They don't have to be built on Martha's Vineyard (have you ever been there? I don't want it despoiled either.) And that windfarm would just solve all our problems anyway...

Say, how's that tax-credit you used to put in your gas tank this year (sucker)....
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-10-2006, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Say, how's that tax-credit you used to put in your gas tank this year (sucker)....
                    I drive a Pria, and I carpool with a neighbor. Not even your buddy FORD could say that.
                    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

A "Pria" or Prius?

Because if you're driving Ms. Pria, I'd like to congratulate you...

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-10-2006, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        A "Pria" or Prius?
                        A Pria...it's a hybrid bike made by Trek...
                        RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2006

Actually, a "pria" is, I believe, the version of Power Bars that are marketed towards women...

It is!

oh, the shame of illiteracy...
                          RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

I drive a Pria, and I carpool with a neighbor.
                            Liarbitch.
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

A Pria...it's a hybrid bike made by Trek...

But, but..........
                              you said you drive

No one says they drive a bike......you ride a bike

I drive a Pria, and I carpool with a neighbor.

Does your "buddy" "carpool" on your "bike" ?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Yeah, nice attempt at a back-peddle...

It's a Prius, next time Google before you say something that's a complete lie...

Comment

Working...