Democ[size=4]RAT[/size] tells Latinos they don't need papers to vote!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
    She paid the price in full.

She lost.
    Actually, she didn't.........

With 100% of the precincts counted here's the total:

Francine Busby 46,585
    Brian P. Bilbray 37,050

Looks like the mediawhores jumped the gun.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Re: DemocRAT tells Latinos they don't need papers to vote!!

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
      She said yesterday she simply misspoke.

But someone taped it and a recording began circulating yesterday. After she made that statement at the meeting, Busby immediately said: “You don't need to be a registered voter to help (the campaign).”

She said that subsequent statement was to clarify what she meant.
      Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I've misspoke myself before...AND I've issued clarifying statements immediately therafter in order to express what I really meant to say without creating confusion.

Therefore, it doesn't require a large leap of faith to believe this is exactly what happened.

No story here, move along...
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Re: Re: DemocRAT tells Latinos they don't need papers to vote!!

Originally posted by bueno bob
        Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I've misspoke myself before...AND I've issued clarifying statements immediately therafter in order to express what I really meant to say without creating confusion.

Therefore, it doesn't require a large leap of faith to believe this is exactly what happened.

Neocons are getting desperate. Clinging to any little thing they can find to make the other side look bad.

Their numbers are dwindling... they are even more frightened than usual.
        Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Fear not, DC...they'll be gone soon...
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Re: Re: DemocRAT tells Latinos they don't need papers to vote!!

Originally posted by bueno bob

Bullshit!!!

There is simply NO WAY she mispoke, other than talking out of her ass, which is what Democrats are prone to do.

She said:

Toward the end, a man in the audience asked in Spanish: “I want to help, but I don't have papers.”

It was translated and Busby replied:
            “Everybody can help, yeah, absolutely, you can all help. You don't need papers for voting, you don't need to be a registered voter to help.”

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: DemocRAT tells Latinos they don't need papers to vote!!

Bullshit!!!

There is simply NO WAY she mispoke, other than talking out of her ass, which is what Democrats are prone to do.

She said:

Toward the end, a man in the audience asked in Spanish: “I want to help, but I don't have papers.”

“Everybody can help, yeah, absolutely, you can all help. You don't need papers for voting, you don't need to be a registered voter to help.”

You DO realize that you're taking her words completely out of context, right?

What she was saying was that you don't have to be a citizen to volunteer to help the campaign. You could go doorbell in Hispanic neighborhood and talk to people about the candidate in their own language. That, in and of itself, could be a great benefit to any candidate.

Of course, if the people you are talking to aren't citizens, and can't vote, then talking to them really is a waste of time.

But he can still do mailings, put up yard signs, etc.

Twisting Busby's words into something else is ridiculous. It's like suggesting that Tony Snow was a racist for using the words "hugging the tar baby" at his first White House press briefing, even though his context had nothing to do with Uncle Remus or any of that shit.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Bullshit!!!

Show me a politician who DOESN'T.

She said:

"Everybody can help, yeah, absolutely, you can all help. You don't need papers for voting,

Oops. She THEN said:

"you don't need to be a registered voter to help."

Which is the clarifying statement and the correction. Ford already cleared up the rest of it, so I don't see any need to reiterate.

That's all...
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Big Train
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Bottom line is she said what she said. Whether or not voters heard what she wanted them to hear, they certainly heard enough in there to galvanize and vote her down.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Nov 2004

Bullshit!!!

Issues such as these distract people like BBB from the many failures and mistakes of the Bush administration.

BigBland is a partisan in moderate's clothing. He claims to blind to party affiliation yet takes on any opportunity to attack a dumb Dem with much glee. All while he is pushing the GOP distraction issue/agenda item of the day.

Most pathetic of all is the fact that BigBland relies so much on the opinions of others because he has none of his own.
                    Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

Working...