• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODShowtime
    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Re: Re: Kerry maps out energy plan to fight terrorism

Originally posted by 4moreyears
    Lets hope he runs again. We can get the Swift Boat guys ready in a heart beat.
    I bet. It doesn't take very long to write a check. Moron.
    gnaw on it

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2004

Yes, exactly like Chavez! The Panama canal was originally gonna be turned back over to Panama in the Carter admin but these same Neo-cons that are still in office stopped it. When he wanted to use his country's natural resources to improve living conditions for the people of his country instead of being forced to let us milk all of them for ourselves while charging them all the interests which, in essence would be the money he would need to carry through with it. He wasn't a communist and he wasn't a threat to us. He was just one of those rare politicians that actually wanted to do something good for someone other than himself and his rich friends. He saw the canal as the key to that. The president of Ecuador was killed in a plane crash that was beyond suspicion because it was allegedly pulled off by CIA officers under the command of Bush Sr. in the 70's. I recommend this book to everyone. It explains more than I care to think about. Now that I know this stuff it is difficult to sleep. I love my country but I'm terrified of my current government. That's all I can say.
      Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2004

Bechtel, Kellog, Brown and Root, Carlyle Group and Halliburton are name dropped in it too.
        Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• Big Train
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          It's funny how Kerry, kind of like Gore, is a much better leader/Senator after his defeat...
          Well when you lose to a guy you and your party call a moron piece of trash on a daily basis, I'd imagine you'd have to take a long look in the mirror and make an attempt to at least kick it up a notch with your game face on. If Gore was the man he is today, poised and intelligent, dare I say border line personable, he would have had a lock in 2000. Happy Lounge, I can be diplomatic towards Dems.

Hell, when I met Clinton briefly, he seemed like a decent enough guy.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
            Well when you lose to a guy you and your party call a moron piece of trash on a daily basis, I'd imagine you'd have to take a long look in the mirror and make an attempt to at least kick it up a notch with your game face on.

Yeah, they lose to him "daily?" If elections were day to day, Chimpo would be out on his ass... The Republicans won the battle, but have lost the War...

If Gore was the man he is today, poised and intelligent, dare I say border line personable, he would have had a lock in 2000.
            So would he be if we went by the popular vote over the outmoded electoral system.

Happy Lounge, I can be diplomatic towards Dems.

Hell, when I met Clinton briefly, he seemed like a decent enough guy.
            Did you "intern" for him too?

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
              If Gore was the man he is today, poised and intelligent, dare I say border line personable, he would have had a lock in 2000.
              The thing is, he was. That's the fucking tragedy of it all, is that 2/3 of Gore's alleged "stiffness" was a creation of the corporate whore media.

Obviously, the job of Vice President allows for some public exposure - state funerals and presiding over the Senate and such - but that's all procedural crap, and you don't get to see "the person". Those of us who had seen Gore "off duty" at various Democratic party functions knew better.

Granted, he should have projected more of that into his campaign, but his DLC "handlers" are to blame for that. And should he run in 2008, I know he will be avoiding those clowns this time around.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Ellyllions
                Veteran
                • Mar 2006

Ya'll would vote for Gore after his wife was the lead complaintant in the obscenity in Rock Music shit of the late 80's?
                "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                  Ya'll would vote for Gore after his wife was the lead complaintant in the obscenity in Rock Music shit of the late 80's?
                  If "Parental Advisory" stickers on CD's were the biggest problem we had in this country right now, I think I'd be OK with that.

Tipper was never for any actual censorship Unlike what the FCC has done to television and especially radio under the BCE.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• 4moreyears
                    Commando
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    If "Parental Advisory" stickers on CD's were the biggest problem we had in this country right now, I think I'd be OK with that.

Tipper was never for any actual censorship Unlike what the FCC has done to television and especially radio under the BCE.
                    Who is the BCE?

Comment

• 4moreyears
                      Commando
                      • Oct 2004

The thing is, he was. That's the fucking tragedy of it all, is that 2/3 of Gore's alleged "stiffness" was a creation of the corporate whore media.

Obviously, the job of Vice President allows for some public exposure - state funerals and presiding over the Senate and such - but that's all procedural crap, and you don't get to see "the person". Those of us who had seen Gore "off duty" at various Democratic party functions knew better.

Granted, he should have projected more of that into his campaign, but his DLC "handlers" are to blame for that. And should he run in 2008, I know he will be avoiding those clowns this time around.
                      first of all he will not run because he is more interested in his environmental causes. Second he has been out of politics for 8 years now and that could be an issue. He was kind of viewed as out of touch when he lost and being away from the game for 8 years will not help.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by 4moreyears
                        first of all he will not run because he is more interested in his environmental causes. Second he has been out of politics for 8 years now and that could be an issue. He was kind of viewed as out of touch when he lost and being away from the game for 8 years will not help.
                        Didn't hurt Nixon in 1968, did it? Prior to the Jeb/Cruella/Scalia theft in Florida, the closest election was that of Kennedy vs Nixon in 1960. Nixon, of course, was the sitting vice president at the time.

Tricky Dick also downplayed a political future to those who asked him, even saying at one point "You won't have Richard Nixon to kick around anymore".

Yet he managed the comeback in 1968. Good for him. Bad for the country, but that's not the point here.

Nixon didn't have an entire decade of failure to run against. Indeed the only thing he could hang on LBJ was Vietnam. Dick even promised to end the war. Which, of course he didn't. At least not for years later.

And it took a chaotic year in the Democratic primary to give Nixon the advnatage. The first front runner, Eugene McCarthy, dropped out early. The second front runner, Bobby Kennedy, murdered literally minutes after winning the California primary which probably would have secured his nomination. LBJ himself taking himself out of the running, all of this eventually resulting in Hubert Humphrey's nomination, with Humphrey being about as popular with the Democratic base as Hillary Clinton is right now (in other words, NOT very much)

As easy as Nixon's win was under those circumstances, Gore's would be even easier under the current situation.

He is the one man who can use the line "Are you better off now than you were 8 years ago?" and have it literally mean something.

"Wouldn't you like that choice back again?"

"You saw what the other guy did to the country, now give me a shot"

Only Al Gore can appeal to that sentiment, and it will connect with the voters if he does.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Gore might be ok as a Vice President. He could still make that argument as a VP candidate. The Dems need a much stronger Presidential candidate than Gore if they want any chance at taking over the reins.
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                            Gore might be ok as a Vice President. He could still make that argument as a VP candidate. The Dems need a much stronger Presidential candidate than Gore if they want any chance at taking over the reins.
                            Such as?
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Such as?
                              I haven't looked into it yet. Generally, nobody comes to mind. I have always liked Biden, and I like what I've heard from Russ Feingold over the last year or so. Not really sure how many skeletons they have in their respective closets. However, both of them probably have a better chance than Gore, who -- like it or not -- has a reputation as being a stiff, boring loser by at least half of the American voting population. I don't see that changing.
                              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                                Mr. Clinton made a "joke" during a White House Press meeting during the weekend of May 1, 1999. He assured the group that although Al Gore attended the Kentucky Derby, he did not sire the winning horse. Everyone laughed (??) This is the president of the United States, making jokes about the VP having sex with a horse?
                                Source: AP wire. May 2, 1999
                                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...