X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
    I couldn't give you a number, although I'd say it was quite low.

All I know is that 40 consecutive years of Democratic control of Congress didn't solve anything.

We'll see what happens the next 28 years of Republican control, and get out the score cards.
    If you think the American people are going to tolerate 14 more stolen elections, you're crazy. Not even the gay hatin terra fearin trailer dwellers can remain blind that long.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I couldn't give you a number, although I'd say it was quite low.

All I know is that 40 consecutive years of Democratic control of Congress didn't solve anything.

We'll see what happens the next 28 years of Republican control, and get out the score cards.
      Yeah right. Um, they've cut their own throat with the same corruption as before, but the difference is that the Republicans in Congress have only hastened America's decline...

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        Yeah right. Um, they've cut their own throat with the same corruption as before, but the difference is that the Republicans in Congress have only hastened America's decline...
        America's decline?

What's going to happen?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

America's decline?

What's going to happen?

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

I just KNEW you were going to bring China up.

Didn't we go through this back in the 1960's-1980's with Russia supposedly overtaking us as the world's greatest superpower?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Didn't we go through this back in the 1960's-1980's with Russia supposedly overtaking us as the world's greatest superpower?

Believe it. The BCE has been selling us out to China since the 1970's.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

How many products at your local Wal-Mart did Russia produce?

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

How many products at your local Wal-Mart did Russia produce?
                  If there's any states where Wal Mart can sell booze, I'll bet their vodka is even made in China
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Big Train
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Yeah, they lose to him "daily?" If elections were day to day, Chimpo would be out on his ass... The Republicans won the battle, but have lost the War...

Did you "intern" for him too?
                    Nick, have some coffee and reread the sentence...there, you go, think it through..

I didn't intern for him, I'm not a janitor so I couldn't work for dems. I heard your sister helped Clinton get "up" a few % points though..

Comment

• Big Train
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Re: Kerry maps out energy plan to fight terrorism

Originally posted by FORD
                      Kerry maps out energy plan to fight terrorism
                      Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:51 PM ET

He said the United States should build significantly more "flex fuel vehicles" that can run on something other than gasoline, such as "E85" -- a fuel blend consisting of 85 percent ethanol, or ethyl alcohol, and 15 percent gasoline.

Do these people ever proof this shit? Vehicles that run on something other than gasoline, like gasoline? Did I miss something?

E85 is what the Dems want, which protects their people in the ethanol business (The Corn lobby). Problem with E85 is that is the alcohol is a corrosive solvent. Anything touching the ethonol must be corrosion resistant...Fuel pumps, hose, pumps, tanks and the tankers delivering it. Additionally, it's killer on the envoirnments (Corn requires loads of pesticides to grow.

The May issue of Popular Mechanics did an excellent article (where I'm lifting some of these points from). I've got a lot of research and money into all of this.

My bet is on biodiesel. You can use a variety of bio products as a fuel (corn, switchgrass-fieldgrass, corn oil, vegetable oil). Diesel engines require little if any mods (The original prototypes Rudolf Diesel ran were running peanut oil). The only drawback is to keep the stuff heated in colder climates to keep it from gelling.

Repubs want oil. Dems want the retarded alt. options (E85, M85, electric) and nobody but the farmers and business seem to want biodiesel. Market forces always win though. That's my bet.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Hmm...

I'll have to read that book.

Thanks for the tip.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: Re: Kerry maps out energy plan to fight terrorism

Originally posted by Big Train
                          Do these people ever proof this shit? Vehicles that run on something other than gasoline, like gasoline? Did I miss something?

E85 is what the Dems want, which protects their people in the ethanol business (The Corn lobby). Problem with E85 is that is the alcohol is a corrosive solvent. Anything touching the ethonol must be corrosion resistant...Fuel pumps, hose, pumps, tanks and the tankers delivering it. Additionally, it's killer on the envoirnments (Corn requires loads of pesticides to grow.

The May issue of Popular Mechanics did an excellent article (where I'm lifting some of these points from). I've got a lot of research and money into all of this.

My bet is on biodiesel. You can use a variety of bio products as a fuel (corn, switchgrass-fieldgrass, corn oil, vegetable oil). Diesel engines require little if any mods (The original prototypes Rudolf Diesel ran were running peanut oil). The only drawback is to keep the stuff heated in colder climates to keep it from gelling.

Repubs want oil. Dems want the retarded alt. options (E85, M85, electric) and nobody but the farmers and business seem to want biodiesel. Market forces always win though. That's my bet.

Believe it or not, they were seriously considering ethanol as a fuel source back in the 1920's, which brought the oil companies into the Prohibition movement. Corrosion is certainly a legitmate problem, but there's probably a high tech solution out there for that problem, since "E85 ready" vehicles seem to be in production already.

As I've said many times before, I'm all for biodiesel, but I'm guessing the problem with the car manfacturers is that they don't want to have to redesign their entire product line for diesel engines.

At the present time, how many passenger vehicles can you buy with diesel engines? Volkswagen has been making them at least since the Rabbit in the 1970's, but it's not the majority of the models sold (at least in the US). Mercedes has had diesel options available as far back as I can remember, but then Mercedes isn't a car that's in everyone's price range. And then there's the larger Dodge pick up truck line with the Cummins diesel engines, this being a recent addition since Daimler-Benz took over Chrysler.

Or in other words, only the German owned companies seem to be taking diesel, let alone biodiesel, seriously. Hopefully that will change, but the manufacturers need to get off their asses and realize that nobody wants a "Hummer H4", "H5", or "H6", and while all the retro Chargers, Mustangs, and Camaros look damn cool, it ain't all that practical at $3/gallon.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• bobgnote
                            Banned
                            • May 2005

no! Bitch, your funny name isn't FORD, is it.

****** up, tell of smarter-than-avg. Henri.

Comment

• Big Train
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

It's not about redesigning , it's all about licensing. Every technology has a patent attached (Prius tech is being licensed by Ford). The dominant format will also require either redesign or license of existing patents.

Biodiesel is the most likely, as it is the most varied (Read FlexFuel Kerry), least destructive and most abundunt in our own country.

What's going to turn the tide is the trucking business. Once FedEx, UPS and Roadway are consuming mass amounts, as well as mass transit, the price will be 1-2 dollars cheaper than gas, which will drive the demand. The Germans will be in the lead position because they will be offering a more conventional and much more luxurious car than a Prius. Which will then move across the rest of the Damiler product line (bio diesel Hemi, yea!!!). It's the most likely and has the most reasons for it to work. Believe it.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, I hear ya. I just wish it was sooner rather than later.

BTW, for those of you waiting for the "BCE conspiracy angle" to enter here, it should be noted that Rudolf Diesel, inventor of the Diesel engine and early proponent of biodiesel, disappeared mysteriously while on a mail steamer crossing the English Channel in 1913.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...