X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
    Obey??? So leading a good life and being kind and generous will lead to damnation if you don't "obey" ?

Yes, it will if you do not acknowledge Christ as your savior by giving him all the praise for what is good in your life.

Any religion that demands more than being kind and generous to one's fellow man has no place in this world.

That is your opinion of course, i just don't agree with it

How can you not see that intolerance has lead to ALL that is evil in today and yesterday's world.

Which is exactly my point, intolerance is not the trait of any true God fearing christian. it is however the traits of those who think they are sanctioned by God to force their beliefs on other people...they are NOT christians if they lack tolerance for the lost.
    Honestly, I cannot find a single TRUE christian in any mainstream media organization anywhere.
    Especially the people on tv who have been proven more often than not to be criminals extorting money from the faithful.
    So, if someone is claiming to be a christian while they try to beat and force their belief system on you, they aren't of God and certainly aren't a christian by any definition beyond being a "false" one.

Religion has lead the way, I am afraid. God may not have changed, but his messengers have utilized every tactic imaginable to abuse their power and influence.

So now your saying that God isn't the problem, man is?
    Ok, i agree with you here but, YOU turning your back on God because of the messengers who don't even serve him is not smart. you just agreed that the problem isn't religion, it's the people who promote it.
    All i can say is get out there and start correcting the problem by telling people the truth...there are far more people that claim to be a servant of God and aren't than there are actual servants.
    My issue with the true believers is that they aren't saying anything, they remain silent.

If God wants complete obedience in the form of acknowledging his almightiness, then yes, there is no place for that in a civilized world.

Then there goes the family unit right out the window.
    Stop and think for a second that the family unit is modeled on our relationship with God.
    He expects the same things from us, his children, as we do our own children. Love, Respect, and Obedience. Only with God, he expects a little more being as he has blessed us all with LIFE to begin with.

I think God's message has been twisted and manipulated to serve others.

And you can believe that when his wrath falls upon them they will pay a much higher price for their sins than those who were generous and kind, and living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.
    Letting them jade you and turn you from God is only allowing evil to do what it was intended to do i the first place...don't let that happen.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      What the hell is a "faerie" ??

Do you mean fairy ??

You give new meaning to the term "Ugly American".

You do know that, right?

Ever even been outside of the south?
      Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Obey??? So leading a good life and being kind and generous will lead to damnation if you don't "obey" ?

That's the GLARING similarity among all fundamentalist "faiths"

Radical Muslims or Evagelical Christians........

They all believe no matter how good your heart his, no matter how righteous a path you lead, no matter how much you love fellow mankind.......

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE EXACTLY AS THEY TELL YOU TO.......YOU SHALL GO TO HELL.

The notion that an ex-drunk driving racist such as ELVIS would go to "heaven", just because he was "born-again", yet a peace loving muslim girl who never hurt a soul, or a jewish mother who gave all her life, will go TO HELL because they didnt believe the same things as the born again drunk driver...........

FUCK ANY ORGANIZED RELIGION THAT TEACHES THAT

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Do you mean ME ??

Comment

• Cathedral
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Yes, I did
            Oh, and i thought we were engaged in an adult discussion.

My Mistake!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Do you mean fairy ??
              She didn't mean to offend you, Elvira...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

How many threads have devolved into evangelism now? I've lost count.

How about we get back to talking about the topic at hand at let God figure out who is going to hell?
                I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                  How many threads have devolved into evangelism now? I've lost count.

How about we get back to talking about the topic at hand at let God figure out who is going to hell?

Are you kidding me?

This thread topic IS about religious extremism

Or did you mean the topic of ELVIS pretending not to know what a faerie is

Name a major conflict anywhere in the world that isn't currently tied to religious fanaticism.

It's all a big game of "My God can kick Your God's ass"

It's no coincidence Chimp refers to his war on terror as a "Crusade" either

Comment

• Dr. Love
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I was referring to people in this thread preaching their own views on religion in an effort to 'instruct' each other.

Btw. My dad is bigger than your dad.
                    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You're going to hell...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

I was referring to people in this thread preaching their own views on religion in an effort to 'instruct' each other.

You call it your "dad" ?

*shudder*

Does Mrs. Love go along with that?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          You're going to hell...

What should I pack?

Is there room service?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

I'm always amazed at how sure of themselves they are

I sometimes think they're just hedging their bets.

Better safe than sorry.

No, St. Peter.......look it up. I told everyone it was real.

Let me in.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Ever even been outside of the south?
                              Umm, yes...

I was born in California, I've lived in 8 states, and I've been to 46 states in my travels...

Comment

• Cathedral
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

You think there is preaching and instructing going on here?

Check out a church this coming Sunday, then you'll know what both preaching and instructing is all about.

I don't see any of that in this thread....so stop yer cryin'.

Comment

Working...