X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    See what you get for watching so much FAUX NEWS?

They've probably already reported the trip was a huge success, and that she brokered lasting peace at the behest of her husband, er, I mean The President.

FOX is more focused on Christy Brinkley's personal trouble than anything else from what i saw yesterday.

The BBC seems slightly anti-American and CNN is totally anti-Bush.

I'd sell off a gonad just to get the real scoop without political leanings to one side or the other.

"WHAT IS THE TRUTH, DAMMIT?"

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Israel is not our friend. Remember when Israeal attacked the USS Liberty with the US flag in full visibility. The USS Liberty was a servalence ship and Israel did not want us spying on them so they attacked the ship. Then the US Govt. covered it up when US citizens lost their lives or were injured when helecopter gun ships riddled the USS Liberty with gunfire.

We back Israel because half the world's Jews live in the United States and have a lot of financial and political clout here. Also, the Christian Right believe the rightouse people will back Israel in the last world war before Jesus returns. They get a hard on when Isreal gets militant because they are biting at the bit to be raptured into paradise. Meanwhile the majority of the non-voting American public run up their credit cards at Wal-Mart and care more about who Jessica Simpson is banging these days.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love

That said I think we should all stay out of it and let Israel beat all their little asses or vice-versa. The fight is going to happen whether we want it to or not.

Exactly.

Why whine over the fact that the Israeli's are using US weapons while Hezbollah is using Soviet era and Chinese weapons?

It's simply ridiculous.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
          Exactly.

Why whine over the fact that the Israeli's are using US weapons while Hezbollah is using Soviet era and Chinese weapons?

It's simply ridiculous.

Actually, I could care less which or indigenous weapons systems they use, we just don't need to fund it...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

July 22, 2006
            In the Mosques
            Across the Middle East, Sermons Critical of the U.S.

By NEIL MacFARQUHAR

DAMASCUS, Syria, July 21 — In mosques from Mecca to Marrakesh, sermons at Friday Prayer services underscored both the David-versus-Goliath glamour many Arabs associate with Hezbollah’s fight against Israel and their antipathy toward the United States and its allies in the region for doing so little to stop yet another Arab country from collapsing into bloodshed.

“Our brothers are being killed in Lebanon and no one is responding to their cries for help,” said Sheik Hazzaa al-Maswari, an Islamist member of Yemen’s Parliament, in his Friday sermon at the Mujahid Mosque in Sana, the country’s capital.

“Where are the Arab leaders?” he said. “Do they have any skill other than begging for a fake peace outside the White House? We don’t want leaders who bow to the White House.”

The tone of the sermons suggests that the fighting in Lebanon is further tarnishing the image of the United States in the Arab world as being solely concerned with Israel’s welfare and making its allied governments look increasingly like puppets.

“What is creating radicalism in the region is not authoritarian regimes,” said Mustafa Hamarneh, director of the Center for Strategic Studies at the University of Jordan. “Mainly it is American policy in the region — survey after survey shows that.”

The attacks against Arab leaders from the pulpit were all the more surprising because so many governments have exerted some manner of control over sermons in recent years. Dictating the content of the weekly themes is one means of preventing prayer leaders from launching into the kind of political discussions that could inspire extremists.

Here in Damascus, where the Syrian government has been trying to keep a low profile as the fighting in Lebanon surges, prominent prayer leaders focused on the need to donate generously to help tens of thousands of Lebanese refugees pouring over the border. But they also took other Arab countries to task — although without mentioning by name such critics of Hezbollah as Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordan.

“What gives us pain is the Arab position,” said Mohamed al-Habash, a cleric who serves in Syria’s Parliament, speaking from the pulpit of Al Zahra Mosque. “They are entering a conspiracy against the Arabs, their brothers.”

In an interview, the cleric said the United States was helping religious extremists by encouraging the Israelis to continue their onslaught. By not working harder to stop the deaths of scores of Lebanese women and children, he said, the United States is abetting the recruiting efforts of the likes of Osama bin Laden and the late Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

“The United States is creating more Zarqawis, more bin Ladens in the Mideast every day,” Mr. Habash said.

Cont'd

Comment

• Ellyllions
              Veteran
              • Mar 2006

Good Lord I'm glad somebody finally agrees with me on this.

WE can't straighten this out, we can only thicken the plot. The media, the Congress, and whomever else keeps pushing for our Administration to respond to this needs to have their sorry asses kicked. This isn't our battle and until it's finally FINISHED (however they decide to finish it) it will be a problem.

We really need to keep our hands out of this pie. Israel can handle it.

I keep hearing how Syria is involved because Hezbollah is using Iranian weapons and yet in the same breath I hear how Israel is using American made multiple missle launchers and I fail to see how the two are different.
              "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Actually, I could care less which or indigenous weapons systems they use, we just don't need to fund it...
                Fund it...no, you're correct, we shouldn't be paying for their weapons out of our pocket.

On the other hand, if they want to buy them, I say "step right up to the cash register."
                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                  ...if they want to buy them, I say "step right up to the cash register."
                  Yeah, right. Stupid neocon war monkey.

Don't forget one of our previous customers...

Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                    Good Lord I'm glad somebody finally agrees with me on this.

WE can't straighten this out, we can only thicken the plot. The media, the Congress, and whomever else keeps pushing for our Administration to respond to this needs to have their sorry asses kicked. This isn't our battle and until it's finally FINISHED (however they decide to finish it) it will be a problem.

We really need to keep our hands out of this pie. Israel can handle it.

I keep hearing how Syria is involved because Hezbollah is using Iranian weapons and yet in the same breath I hear how Israel is using American made multiple missle launchers and I fail to see how the two are different.
                    They're only "different" because the Likud Zionfascists who control Israel's government and the Chimpministration (through PNAC) are hypocrites who believe themselves to be above any laws of God, man, and especially the UN.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...