X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by m_dixon1984
    FORD, I'm disappointed that you'd use this mostly harmless report to defend your normally well-defended conspiracy theories.
    LOL... thanks for the laugh!
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Who said anything about them becoming fanatical terrorists?
      FORD did, in the other thread.
      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

If this so called "Jesus" camp was teaching kids to be "warriors for Satan", you would never hear the end of it.
        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• m_dixon1984
          Foot Soldier
          • Aug 2004

There is likely a growing evangelical, or right leaning religious movement in Aberta and Saskatchewan but with 4 million people combined, total population, they don't have a lot of pull in the national elections (Ontario, Quebec and BC - most liberal of the provinces - have 25 million people).

Sure, Harper would have had a chance to be voted in 20 years ago. In the mid-eighties Canadians were quite satisfied with the Conservative government of the time (Mulroney 84-93). You have to remember that for the past 40 years or more the Canadian ruling party has flipped between long Liberal terms and medium length Conservative terms. This country is Liberal but every so often we bring the Conservatives in to clean up the Liberal messes and get the books in order.

I voted Conservative and trust me it had nothing to do with Harper's religious stance. It concerned me but I know this country and the implementation of far-right exteme religious policy is very unlikely. In fact if he brings up either abortion or same-sex marriage in parliament his government will collapse and we'll be heading to the polling stations.

You can have faith in one thing when it comes to Canadians: if it doesn't include beer and hockey it's not going to be very popular. The evangelists haven't figured this out yet and until they do we're quite safe.

Look, if our system was a lot more like yours I'd be worried with Harper in majority power. But it's not and he isn't. Even if Harper had a majority government it would be checked by a federal senate that has been formed by 10 years of Liberal appointments. Not to mention our supreme court has historically made Liberal decisions on legal matters. Oh, and this is not insignificant, almost all the provincial governments are Liberal.

M

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xpD0GyVZY9w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xpD0GyVZY9w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
          http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Mulroney was a conservative. He was NOT a Straussian neocon like Little Stevie Wonderbush is. They have a school in Calgary that is spitting out these neocon zombies just like the one in Chicago that produced Perle, Wolfowitz, Feith, and the rest of the PNAC traitors on this side of the border.

It's the exact same extremist theology. Not the conservatism of Mulroney or anyone else in Canada's past. Just as the threads here talk about Barry Goldwater, Ike Eisenhower, and other American conservatives who are likely spinning in their graves because of what the neocons have done to this country.

And a minority government might keep Stevie in check for now. But what happens if a 9-11-01 type attack happens and a wave of fear paralyzes the Canadian population as it did here for a while? What if some of your "Liberals" are moles like the DLC is here, and they rubberstamp any insane thing Stevie wants to do (wars, "patriot acts" , whatever)

Before you know it, you're in the same boat we are.

Believe me, when Junior was installed by the Supreme Court (after a 5 week election dispute) most of us thought the worst that could happen to the country was a recession about equal to the one his daddy caused, and that we would be rid of him in 4 years.

Obviously, we misunderestimated his ability to destroy the fucking country. I hope you guys aren't doing that with Stevie.
            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• m_dixon1984
              Foot Soldier
              • Aug 2004

I just don't believe our system can support the kind of neoconservatism you, and others here, insist Harper is pushing on us. It is one thing to attend meetings and join a club, if that's what he did, but it's another to put those policies you believe he's adpted into action. From everything I've read he can't even sell it to his own party members, who are a mix of new and old conservatives, BTW.

I understand that conservatism has changed. Mulroney was a Progressive and really the last true conservative to run the country (we don't really count Kim Campbell because she never lead the party through an election).

You see with 4 parties in the show here there just won't be the opportunity for the kind of rubberstamping of policies that happened in your country. First he'd either need the support of the entire Liberal party (not going to happen) or both the other parties (not a chance in hell of that happening). We can speculate all we want on what would happen if something horrific like 9/11 were to happen to us but it remains a fantasy. Canadians were willing to give Harper a chance running a minority government and will only give him a chance to run a majority if he proves that he can moderate his stance on many of the issues. Guess what...at this point he's proven to be more moderate than Straussian neocon fascist. Trust me we all hope it stays that way because we need a few more years to undo the damage of the last 12 years of Liberal majority rule.

M
              http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• Dr. Love
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

I think the appropriate phrase you were looking for is "zomg".
                I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's depressing but not surprising.

Stalin from the left and Hitler from the right effectively became the same thing. Once you go to extremes they actually meet around the back.

Evangelical Christians have far far more in common with Muslim extremists than anyone that thinks logically, scientifically or morally.

Comment

Working...