X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

You're making that bullshit up...

Knowing that there might be someone with a gun ready to blow you away IS a deterrent to alot of criminals, not all, but alot of them...

You might not be able to "stop crazy" but you CAN try to deter it...

Being ready to BLOW CRAZY AWAY in my mind is a deterrant...

Call me crazy...

Comment

• Ellyllions
      Veteran
      • Mar 2006

Elvis....did you even read my first post?
      "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Yes...

I'll read it again if you like...

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Ok, I read it again and you seem to be on the sane side of this issue, but "SWIFT and REAL" punishment to me is having the ability to blow away a school shooter on the spot...

Do you agree ??

Comment

• Ellyllions
            Veteran
            • Mar 2006

I do agree...
            "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• WACF
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

The thought of a teacher with a gun is frigtening.

Think of this...in order to be a teacher...if they are to be armed....you would have to take the same phyciatiric test that police officers, armed guards must take...you would cull the herd I am sure.
              Would being completely mentally fit become a condition of employment.
              What if a teacher is going through a divorce or just plain depressed.
              You want him/her armed with your kids for the day?

I had teachers that were off the mark a bit...perhaps brilliant at science or math...but fucking social retards or just plain strange.

I got a chuckle from that reporter trying to misquote the "teachers with kalashkinovs" bit...fuck I hate it when reporters pull that shit...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

You're incorrect...

The teachers would not be armed...

As I understand it, the guns would be under lock and key and would require a specific threat to be accessed...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
                  Oh really, explain that to the disarmed citizens of Britain who can't even defend themselves from a well armed criminal element. Just thought reposting this excellent article would be appropriate here.

You're completely idiotic. First of all, Seshmeister actually debunked this bullshit e-spam months ago!

Secondly, why don't you tally up the murder rates of the U.S. and the U.K., compare and contrast --then get back to me...

Comment

• WACF
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

So then when I presume the gun is in the classroom and the teacher has the key I am wrong then?

Comment

• Ellyllions
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2006

If I'm not mistaken, almost every school in this country has an officer or two on the campus at all times. Officers should be the only people allowed to access the guns.

I'm not entirely comfortable with a mass of guns on a school campus either. I'm not even entirely comfortable with campus officers carrying guns around in the hallways.

I'm telling ya'll there is no rock solid solution to this. This will trail off, right now we're all suffering from copycats. But more strict gun control laws are not the answer.

Comment

• Ellyllions
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2006

BUT, if I were in a position to have to brainstorm to try to come up with a solution to these shootings....I would start with the entrances to the schools.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Well most schools have metal detectors...

I hasn't worked or helped, apparently...

Comment

• Ellyllions
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2006

I was thinking more along the lines of keeping the doors locked.

Think about how none of this would be going on if the predators couldn't get into the schools in the first place... ya know?

Every one is so quick to rush to the gun when ya gotta wonder why the fucking doors aren't locked. Put them on the classrooms...only open one way without a key (being from the inside)...use the buddy system when letting kids out of the classrooms to go to the johns during class with the bathrooms having one way doors with passkey entrance...

Ya know there are ways to keep people out of schools.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

You don't have to be physically in the school to shoot people...

Comment

• Ellyllions
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2006

Well, if they're shooting from outside, they shouldn't be hard to take out by campus police.

I mean we could go through every possible scenerio we can dream up even to the point of madness.

But like I said, if I were in charge of coming up with something I would start with access to the children. Not with guns.

Comment

Working...