• Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Warham
    Yeah, I see a double standard here.

Jefferson, who actually committed an unethical act refuses to resign,

He "refuses" to resign, he's been as pariah to Democrats since he had his balls in a noose!

Pelosi move triggers revolt
    By Josephine Hearn

Furious black lawmakers, rallying behind Rep. William Jefferson (D-La.), were pulled back from the brink of open revolt against House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) in an emergency meeting with her Wednesday evening.

The meeting with a handful of CBC members was called after Pelosi wrote the embattled lawmaker, who is at the center of a massive bribery scandal, a curt note requesting his immediate resignation from the powerful Ways and Means Committee.

Outraged that one of its members was being picked on even though he has not been charged with a crime, the Congressional Black Caucus had intended to issue a defiant statement against their leader but agreed after the meeting to pause, at least briefly, for reflection.

Earlier this week, Pelosi approached Jefferson and told him that she thought he should resign, according to a Democratic aide. Later, at the Democratic caucus meeting yesterday morning, she took him into a side room and told him that she had prepared a letter calling on him to resign the committee seat and that she would allow him one hour to withdraw gracefully before she sent it, according to the aide. In both instances, Jefferson remained defiant.

Yeah, Democrats are sure backing Jefferson!

BTW, the Republicans also "defended" Jefferson along side Pelosi:

...WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Though no one actually defended embattled Rep. William Jefferson, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi joined House Republicans on Wednesday in expressing outrage over the FBI's recent search of the congressman's legislative office.

Pelosi, D-California, and House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Illinois, released a joint statement Wednesday saying that the FBI should immediately return all documents it "unconstitutionally seized" Saturday from Jefferson's office....

but yet every Democrat is pushing for Hastert to resign, when he may or may not have been holding back e-mails from prying eyes. This is after Foley resigned already. So Dems want a 2 for 1 when their own guy is still sitting there collecting a paycheck.
    And yet every Republican (well, actually a few are scorning his corrupt cover ups of a gay sex predator) is claiming he should stay, despite the majority of Americans saying he should resign...

Nice! I won't even bring up other Democrats in Congress. [/B]
    Because you can't! Go ahead, be my guest!!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-18-2006, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

No, they didn't 'defend' Jefferson. They were going after the FBI for an illegal seizure of documents when it really wasn't illegal. I was pissed they even did that.

Well, when Hassert has been put under a probe, let me know. I'll wait until he's indicted before I pass judgement.

Kennedy comes to mind as somebody who's committed THE most unethical act yet still gets a paycheck every month. Being from Massachusetts didn't hurt him too much.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Warham
        No, they didn't 'defend' Jefferson. They were going after the FBI for an illegal seizure of documents when it really wasn't illegal. I was pissed they even did that.

Well, when Hassert has been put under a probe, let me know. I'll wait until he's indicted before I pass judgement.

So his aides coming out and saying that he knew about this shit for years isn't enough? He's not being asked to resign from congress, just from his leadership post. And that seems fitting since he has shown none...

Kennedy comes to mind as somebody who's committed THE most unethical act yet still gets a paycheck every month. Being from Massachusetts didn't hurt him too much.
        Oh, look at the Neocon reach back and dig up ancient history! Maybe you can tell us all why Teddy never went to jail for that?

And he did pay the price, much like Hastert will. Kennedy would have been President had it not been for Chapaquitic. He was never as smart as JFK or RFK, but he was in fact a much better politician...

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

I will agree with you that Kennedy was/is a better politician than his two brothers, and he may have indeed been president if not for that incident. Damn, we actually agree on something!

RFK would have been the best president out of any of them, if he hadn't been killed. Too damn bad that happened.

Hastert won't ever run for President, so the only thing that might happen is that he's not re-elected.

Comment

Working...