• Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
    700 miles would be good start.
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    Yes, a fence...
    Then make it 20 feet deep and electrified...
    Yeah! And with landmines, towers with armed guards, dogs, tanks! Kick ass.

Yeah, because that's not going to cost billion$, in addition to the economy floundering because of the lack of workers...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Healthcare is the biggest scam going. It's pricegouging galore. Greed is the problem. Lawyers drive the prices up but then doctors have lawyers as an excuse to overcharge. The whole thing has snowballed into a huge and obscene overcharging mess.

Another problem has been years of insurance fraud. It's all inflated what we pay for healthcare.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yes, a fence...
        They have a fence at Tijuana. It even goes out into the fucking ocean.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

But the illegal immigration bothers me. Being a native of San Diego, we've gone to Tijuana many times to shop, drink, eat, etc... We park on the US side and walk across. You go over a bridge that goes over the 20 lanes of border crossing traffic. You can stand up there and watch people running through the lanes of traffic to get across...all the time. I understand Mexico is poor, but the US has to do more than what it currently is. As for what that should be, I wish I had the answer. A fence? Penalties for companies that employ illegals? Old fashioned round-ups? The problem is when you plug one hole, the others just open wider.
          Hey, since you live in San Diego, maybe you can answer a couple of questions.....

I always thought of Tijuana (and most Mexican border towns) as being dirt poor, but I look this place up on Google Earth, and I see the west end of TJ, out by the beach, looking like there's a lot of new development out there, both industrial and residential. I also noticed that about half the houses had swimming pools, so that doesn't indicate poverty to me.

Is this all post-NAFTA/CAFTA development and stolen American jobs or what? And if so, are they no longer hiring, or what?

And the last question... What the HELL is that thing that looks like a UFO landing base immediately south of the border at the beach??

And the strange markings on the road, surrounding it, which seem to extend into the dirt roads on the other side of the fence.... reminiscent of crop circles. Are there more kinds of aliens jumping the border than we realized?
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• bastardog
            Commando
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT

Well, if you are not a racist and you enjoy the benefits of illegal labor, why do you fall for the right-wing anti-immigrant rhetoric?
            I know the question isn't for me.....but I felt I have to post my answer to that.

Because those works can be done by legal citizens (or residents, what sounds better)

in my opinion medical cost are going up because they have to increase the rates to cover for the ones that do not pay (illegals and the legal residents that can't pay).
            At the same time while the price go up there are more people that can't pay.....so is a cicle...a bad one
            Bastardog

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Hey, since you live in San Diego, maybe you can answer a couple of questions.....

I always thought of Tijuana (and most Mexican border towns) as being dirt poor, but I look this place up on Google Earth, and I see the west end of TJ, out by the beach, looking like there's a lot of new development out there, both industrial and residential. I also noticed that about half the houses had swimming pools, so that doesn't indicate poverty to me.

Is this all post-NAFTA/CAFTA development and stolen American jobs or what? And if so, are they no longer hiring, or what?

And the last question... What the HELL is that thing that looks like a UFO landing base immediately south of the border at the beach??

And the strange markings on the road, surrounding it, which seem to extend into the dirt roads on the other side of the fence.... reminiscent of crop circles. Are there more kinds of aliens jumping the border than we realized?

Well, most of TJ is dirt poor. But, a lot of businesspeople live in TJ and work in San Diego legally. A lot of retirees move there as well but keep po boxes in San Diego. And not all Mexicans are poor. But there really doesn't seem to be much of a middle class there.

That satellite pic is the Tijuana bullring. I remember about 10 years ago Carlos Santana played there and it was a huge deal. First time he ever played there. It was like some huge homecoming. They had a Carlos Santana day and parade.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                They have a fence at Tijuana. It even goes out into the fucking ocean.
                Yeah, but there are a ton of holes in it and pieces just missing that are several feet (sometimes yards) long. San Diego county goes out past Tecate to the East and there is a lot of areas you can just wriggle through a fence and go a couple hundred yards until you are in suburbia.

But they don't even enforce at the main crossing. I wasn't kidding when I said you can see immigrants just running through the lanes of traffic to get to the US side, then scatter. There is a lot of stores, fast food, gas stations, etc... right across, so it's easy to just dissappear once you get past the traffic.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

Let me get this straight....ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS working dirt cheap is "hurting Americans"?!?

So...what about OUTSOURCING?!?

Sending jobs overseas to basically be performed by SLAVE LABOR is "okay"?

SOLUTION: LETS SEND EVERY IMMIGRANT BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM

I'm sure the Native peoples of the Americas would be cool with us all heading back to Europe

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Hmmm...

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

Or ASIA...or AFRICA.....or anywhere but here......

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                        Let me get this straight....ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS working dirt cheap is "hurting Americans"?!?

As long as they don't ever get sick or hurt and use medical services. Or drive a car or truck and get into an accident uninsured. Or are responsible for any crimes. Or use any government services. Or...........

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

As long as they don't ever get sick or hurt and use medical services. Or drive a car or truck and get into an accident uninsured. Or are responsible for any crimes. Or use any government services. Or...........
                          And like I said...shipping US jobs to Indo-china...were they pay the workers pennies a day is OKAY?

Pissing & moaning about "Illegal Immigrants" is SO old....have you ever watched GANGS OF NEW YORK....

an easy push-button issue....

BAIT-SWITCH

I'm sure the "Illegals" are responsible for the OIL companies gouging the public for the past 2 1/2 years too....:p

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White

I'm sure the "Illegals" are responsible for the OIL companies gouging the public for the past 2 1/2 years too....:p
                            Yep. The ILLEGAL occupants of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Hmmm...

WTF is this all about?

You post this shit all the time.

Are you just trying to prove to us you're thinking things over, and really not thumbing thru the latest issue of Bedpan Hotties?

We all mull over posts, dummy. Are you so insecure as to NEED to have everyone KNOW you're contemplating their last post, and/or you next one?

Seriously?

Or did you just forget the words....

Your hummers have become boring.

Next time, hum to yourself, and save us having to read it [again]

Or, I can edit them out for you if you'd like
                              Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ODShowtime
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                                Fine by me.

Let's start by spaying and neutering the 38% of adults in this country that still cling to the notion Chimpy is doing a good job.

No need for them to breed.
                                Unless we want to start a subspecies of cool cro-magnon gladiator-people to do battle to the death for our amusement.
                                Last edited by ODShowtime; 10-20-2006, 09:21 PM.
                                gnaw on it

Comment

Working...