Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scamper
    Commando
    • May 2005

The media is crap, it's all about ratings. When was the last time they did a story on anything good. If it bleeds it leads.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by scamper
      The media is crap, it's all about ratings. When was the last time they did a story on anything good. If it bleeds it leads.

What a lame over-generalization of things.

A total crock.

Perhaps you're not watching, listening, and reading enough to get a good mix. There's plenty of "good" media stories, if you're not too lazy to look past the "Blonde White Woman Missing in Aruba" shite.

But then it's much easier to just say it's crap, isn't it?

Oh, and then throw in a lame cliche.

Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lqskdiver
        Patience.

-Fernando
        ?
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          ?

He's channeling Billy Crystal.

It's the medication,.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            He's channeling Billy Crystal.

It's the medication,.
            No, actually it's a running joke from the old Pasture Dump board at the "official" Van Halen website.

There was this character there named "Fernando", and about 85% of his posts were nothing but a question mark.

The other 15% were short responses like "patience", "Si senor" and "Van Halen is Van Halen".

Somehow this guy developed a cult following among the sheep, half of whom were convinced that the guy was either Alex or Bassplayer.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

?...

The fountain is always clearest at the source.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Van Halen is NOT Van Halen.

hasn't been for sometime now....

never will be again......

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Si Senor!
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                    Sure, with a little digging. But it's not top of the hour, front page news since the elections.
                    Try reading a local newspaper instead of getting your War news sandwiched between stories about puppies and babies...

In any case, this is an indicator of nothing. Bush is the Executive branch, and he still sets the foreign policy agenda your delusions aside. The only way for Congress to shut down the War is to cut off funding, and they're unwilling to do that --yet...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                      Sure, with a little digging. But it's not top of the hour, front page news since the elections.
                      It wasn't recently on the "top-of-the-hour" or on the "front page" much before the elections either...

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Truth is that the media isn't really "conservative" and it damn sure isn't "liberal" but is in reality CORPORATIST.

However, the nature of corporatism itself is extremely right wing. As Benito Mussolini himself once said, "fascism is better called corporatism" as it is the merging of state power with that of the corporations. And the BCE has done that "merging" better than anyone.

But the DLC (who pose as Democrats) are nearly as bad, which is why James Carville, Rahm Immoral, Hillary Clinton and the like get favorable coverage from the whore media while true Democrats such as Howard Dean or Dennis Kucinich usually do not. Nor do conservatives who oppose the BCE and/or the corporatist agenda.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2006

The democratic politicians always want the republicans to fail and the republican politicians always want the democrats to fail. How can this ever be any good for the country? They are all a bunch of wining cry babies, crooks and liars. ALL OF THEM!!!!!
                          And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2006

And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• scamper
                              Commando
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                              What a lame over-generalization of things.

A total crock.

Perhaps you're not watching, listening, and reading enough to get a good mix. There's plenty of "good" media stories, if you're not too lazy to look past the "Blonde White Woman Missing in Aruba" shite.

But then it's much easier to just say it's crap, isn't it?

Oh, and then throw in a lame cliche.

Perhaps I shouldn't have to sift through the shit to get some good news. When was the last time you heard anything optimistic from the media. Not all the world thrives on bad news.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2006

Comment

Working...