X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy Taylor
    Banned
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Pink Spider

So, you're telling me that women have the same rights in the rest of those countries?

So, which Christian country bans those? I'm sure there's one at least.

No shit. So was Leningrad. So what?
    If this were an Islamic run country I would have probably been executed for being a vocal female or for my atheism by now.

----
    I didn't say that Christians are much better. Marginally better.
    I know about Lebanon and that it is very secular for the middle east. But, I'm just saying that I have less chance of getting killed for my disbelief in the west rather the middle east. Do you really want to debate this?
    A few select Middle Eastern countries. People don't go around killing others because of religion outside of those countries.

So, basically you're saying that if you disbelieve in Mohammad, you can still be a Muslim? That's the first I've heard of such a thing.

Did I say anything about disbelieving in Mohammed? The one path idea really belongs to Christianity.

Comment

• Andy Taylor
      Banned
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by FORD
      The Iraqis also invented beer, which is worthy of respect in and of itself
      You learn something new everyday.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

I judge as I find.

This I will say: all of the Muslims and Sikhs I know are far, far more tolerant, kind, compassionate, family orientated people than many of the friends of mine who profess to be Christian (although that by no means includes all of my Christian friends.)

The notion of an extremist applies to a minority only.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Pink Spider
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Andy Taylor
          ----

A few select Middle Eastern countries. People don't go around killing others because of religion outside of those countries.

I never said that they all did. I was talking about Islamic run countries and not the more secular countries. I agree that there are saner parts of the middle east. There are saner parts of North American too. Like Canada.

Did I say anything about disbelieving in Mohammed? The one path idea really belongs to Christianity.

Of course that comes at a contradiction of it's holy book, but since I don't believe in either, I don't really care. So, therefore I endorse your position on the matter.
          Last edited by Pink Spider; 01-16-2009, 04:05 PM. Reason: Fixing quotes, clarity

Comment

• Pink Spider
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

I hate 20 minute edit limits. I was going to add:

How many paths are there exactly without tipping the boat over? A lot of Christians will claim that there are many paths while picking and choosing in what they want to believe. If part of something seems immoral or stupid why does the rest of it get credibility?

Comment

• Andy Taylor
              Banned
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Pink Spider
              [/b]

I never said that they all did. I was talking about Islamic run countries and not the more secular countries. I agree that there are saner parts of the middle east. There are saner parts of North American too. Like Canada.

[/b]

Of course that comes at a contradiction of it's holy book, but since I don't believe in either, I don't really care. So, therefore I endorse your position on the matter.

Half of those countries are Islamic run, especially those church donating ones.

It's not picking and choosing, more like a matter of interpretation. Some will say that Christianity was more spiritual in the older days, it changed with western adoption. Being Christian is no excuse to switch off one's brain and Jesus was one of the people that taught that I believe. Each time a pharisee went for a literal over zealous application of scripture, Jesus would provide a different reading of it, also from scripture. I don't see fundamental 'flaws', but I think people were meant to learn things for themselves. If you simply followed the rules of the bible, that shows no love or real character - a part of holiness. That's why most if not all spiritual people, and even those who don't know it yet have experiences that guide them through scripture. So I think the 'contradictions' in the bible are helping to weed out the zealots and whoever else so that truly only the pure of heart make it through the narrow path... tests in life are not just accidental, and I think they apply here as well.

Comment

• Coyote
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Nice to see people are still debating over their favorite version of the fairytale...

So, here's to you.
                <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MeSSwKffj9o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MeSSwKffj9o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Besides, it's ALL about vibrations and resonance... (Might sound a bit "new age" but I'm just posting this to piss you off )
                <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oCmGjD9j9bU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oCmGjD9j9bU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQPMhwuYMy4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQPMhwuYMy4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                Last edited by Coyote; 01-16-2009, 06:38 PM.
                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  Evolution is the opposite of chance.
                  I thought Community Chest was.......

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                    I thought Community Chest was.......

Speaking of which, where the Hell is Christian Monopoly?

"In this game, there is no Chance because everything happens for a reason."
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Nobody told it like Carlin, NOBODY....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Pink Spider
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                        Speaking of which, where the Hell is Christian Monopoly?

"In this game, there is no Chance because everything happens for a reason."
                        It's probably too late to patent.

Comment

• Andy Taylor
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Coyote
                          Nice to see people are still debating over their favorite version of the fairytale...

Besides, it's ALL about vibrations and resonance... (Might sound a bit "new age" but I'm just posting this to piss you off )
                          Oh you'll have to do much better than that to piss me off. I know what's going through your head, you're thinking you're being very cool in laughing at new agers, Christians, hippies etc, all while trying to score points by using clips from comedians. You and Carlin only have yourselves to blame if you're stunted in your growth.

Comment

• Blackflag
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2006

Oh you'll have to do much better than that to piss me off. I know what's going through your head, you're thinking you're being very cool in laughing at new agers, Christians, hippies etc, all while trying to score points by using clips from comedians. You and Carlin only have yourselves to blame if you're stunted in your growth.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Don't take it personally, Andy......

we laugh at everybody.

Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Blackflag
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                                Don't take it personally, Andy......

we laugh at everybody.

Except yourselves.

Comment

Working...