• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODShowtime
    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Protectionism doesn't work.

All the West can do is be better technically.

It's all about educating the fuck out our kids otherwise we're fucked.
    Well, be happy you don't live here where these religious zealot idiots will tell you with a straight face that you're wrong and science is wrong...
    gnaw on it

Comment

• knuckleboner
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: China Blasts Satellite, USA Gets Pissy

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Um. actually the US DOES ALLOW foreign nations to send satellites over its territory, we don't have much choice. You can Google Russian pics of "Area 51" on the interweb.

The US and former Soviet Union both signed a moratorium on anti-satellite weapons, largely because when you blow them up, debris is scattered around orbit for up to hundreds of years making space flight more difficult and hazardous.
      um, yeah, pflo, what he said...

and also, the U.S. is claiming that by demonstrating the ability to destroy a satellite, the chinese are really stating that they are prepared to destroy other people's property. that's why the protest. and on its face, i think it's pretty reasonable.

on the other hand, if one wants to say that the U.S. has probably explored similar capabilities, i'd probably agree.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The whole point of this is that if god forbid there is ever a war over Taiwan, the first thing China will do is take out the US spy satellites in the region.

Comment

• pflo
          Banned
          • Nov 2006

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: China Blasts Satellite, USA Gets Pissy

Originally posted by knuckleboner

and also, the U.S. is claiming that by demonstrating the ability to destroy a satellite, the chinese are really stating that they are prepared to destroy other people's property. that's why the protest. and on its face, i think it's pretty reasonable.

on the other hand, if one wants to say that the U.S. has probably explored similar capabilities, i'd probably agree.
          Again, it was THEIR satellite....the US DID the same thing in 1985. The US policy is pure hypocrysy. period.

Comment

• pflo
            Banned
            • Nov 2006

Um. actually the US DOES ALLOW foreign nations to send satellites over its territory, we don't have much choice. You can Google Russian pics of "Area 51" on the interweb.

The US and former Soviet Union both signed a moratorium on anti-satellite weapons, largely because when you blow them up, debris is scattered around orbit for up to hundreds of years making space flight more difficult and hazardous.
            And WHICH country has produced over 90% of the garbage currently floating in space?? Hint - it has an inept moron running it who was voted in by delusional religious fucks and backwards inbred redneck shitsticks.BTW, a moratorium is only valid when the parties to it exist.The USSR doesnt exist...the moratorium is therefore non-existent. Um.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner

We did, in the 80s. It was a missile fired from an F-15 Eagle.

The Soviets used a special satellite that was basically a giant shotgun shell.

Both superpowers decided that it was pointless because in a satellite war, both sides would be severally fucked...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by pflo
                And WHICH country has produced over 90% of the garbage currently floating in space??

Well. We know it wasn't Canada.

Hint - it has an inept moron running it who was voted in by delusional religious fucks and backwards inbred redneck shitsticks.BTW, a moratorium is only valid when the parties to it exist.The USSR doesnt exist...the moratorium is therefore non-existent. Um.
                Did I say anything about a "moratorium?"

Maybe it was just unnecessary?

BTW, what was the opinion of the Canadian PM?

P.S. There is a universal declaration against the militarization of space. The Chinese just gave the US the greenlight to arm near space...

And didn't Canada just elect a Bush-clone, right wing fucknut? Who voted for him?
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-19-2007, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• pflo
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2006

The US and former Soviet Union both signed a MORATORIUM on anti-satellite weapons, largely because when you blow them up, debris is scattered around orbit for up to hundreds of years making space flight more difficult and hazardous.
                  My, you have a short memory. See that quote up there, and the word "Moratorium" in it? Thats you, Sparky! Lookit! And no, I made it a point NOT to vote for Harper.See, its one thing to be a dick driving a Prius, another to be a dick driving a Mack truck. And Canada has never been so assinine to declare that we have the right to forcefully "Impede" anyone who interferes in our "Interests" in orbit over all countries, as your fine fuckface-in-chief did last summer, which is what precisely provoked Chinas friendly reminder that the US isnt always as "number one" as it likes to think.
                  Last edited by pflo; 01-19-2007, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by pflo
                    My, you have a short memory. See that quote up there, and the word "Moratorium" in it? Thats you, Sparky! Lookit! And no, I made it a point NOT to vote for Harper.
                    Okay, but I never implied China was expected to be part of it. I was questioning why they needed to test anti-satellite weapons when both the US and Russia have long since stopped any deployments...

Comment

• pflo
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2006

Deployments of missiles or satellites? Howbout because of bush and his recent declaration as mentioned above from last summer? It says "we will do what we want in space and if you do something to impede that we have the right to stop you". That is so fucked up. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THE REACTION WILL BE?? See Iran, See China, See Venezuela, See Syria, etc, etc. Bush is stepping in shit he cant win.He will lose. Unwarranted brinkmanship naturally breeds resentment and hatred, and that is whats happening now from the rest of the world towards the US.Bush fucked it all up for you guys.That little cunt cant stop fucking up, can he? Bush Sr shouldve worn a condom. That declaration directly incites weaponization of space by its nature.Read it.
                      Last edited by pflo; 01-19-2007, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• VanHalener
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by WACF
                        I believe the largest invester in US dollars is China....
                        <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cz7bzWADNY4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cz7bzWADNY4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                        ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• pflo
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2006

nice vid, real enlightening.Care to explain the content?
                          Last edited by pflo; 01-20-2007, 03:45 AM.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: China Blasts Satellite, USA Gets Pissy

BTW, what was the opinion of the Canadian PM?

Whatever Bush told him to think.

I miss Trudeau.
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                              No link, no story?

Lazy fucking Canuck
                              Yeah, a jealous one also. Another fucking fur'ner that wishes he was born in the USA.

Let's see, the list for that is now:

Seshmeister
                              kentuckyfuckwad
                              Angel
                              and now pflo

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                                Well, be happy you don't live here where these religious zealot idiots will tell you with a straight face that you're wrong and science is wrong...
                                I think you're being a little extreme.

Where does this happen?

Prove it. Can you? No.
                                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...