Yo Chimpy, Fear Channel, Toby Keith, and Busheep warmongers everywhere!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODShowtime
    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

DMV is wrong on numerous points in this thread.
    gnaw on it

Comment

• pflo
      Banned
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
      The Clear Channel station would play them, but the backlash of listeners here would switch the dial.

She wasn't right either. She was dead wrong. You don't disrespect your President on a stage of paying fans in a foreign country. They were there for the music, NOT to hear their politics.
      pure bullshit.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        Yeah, you NEVER hear politics at a Ted Nugent or Toby Keith concert.......
        That's true, I don't. Because they both suck and I wouldn't waste my money. Speaking of wasting money, Ozzfest is free this year. That'll really bring out the psychos. Now if Sharon will pay for my gas, parking & beer, we might have something.

Maybe Ozzy talks politics as well and we just can't understand him.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• pflo
          Banned
          • Nov 2006

The Clear Channel station would play them, but the backlash of listeners here would switch the dial.

She wasn't right either. She was dead wrong. You don't disrespect your President on a stage of paying fans in a foreign country. They were there for the music, NOT to hear their politics.
          pure bullshit.Respect is earned, it is not a given right.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2007

When that stupid SOB EARNS any respect I'm sure he'll get it.Here or abroad, paying fans or free show, she has every right to voice her opinion anytime anywhere.And what CC stations are you talking about? The ones that DIDN'T call for a boycott? Or, the ones that gave in out of fear of losing more ratings?
            I don't like their music at all, but that little short shit has BALLS to stand up to the blind, ignorant Busheep.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ODShowtime
              DMV is wrong on numerous points in this thread.
              He's yet to actually MAKE one.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

Ha ha, you've alienated any fans that could forgive and forget.

And picked up a shitload more outside of Nashville in the process.

Comment

• blueturk
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

Shut the fuck up, Britney.

"Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens." - Britney Spears, Sept. 3, 2003

As for Queer Channel playing Dixie Chicks songs....

"In the build up to the second Iraq War, Clear Channel organized and paid for a counterpoint to anti-war demonstrations in which supporters of war in Iraq descended on cities including Fort Wayne, Cleveland, Atlanta, and Philadelphia. Some of the counter-demonstrators waved flags, messages of support for the troops, and banners attacking liberals, excoriating the UN, and in one case, advising, "Bomb France Now." Clear Channel paid for the advertising costs and for the hire of musicians for the rallies.

Clear Channel said the rallies were "patriotic", not "pro-war"."

Last edited by blueturk; 02-15-2007, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Go shovel snow nicker00
                    I did, fatass (w/ a skidsteer ).

You know, the funny thing is AssVibe, half of the bands you appear to like (The Police, Waters/Floyd, etc.) subscribe to a leftist, anti-gov't/establishment point of view..

I guess you just have your head up your ass on songs like "Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert," or "The Bravery of Being Out f Range," eh?
                    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-15-2007, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by fe_lung
                      Wasn't that due to lack of media support in the traditional country markets? They had a lot of problems getting airplay and advertising support in the bible belt and throughout the south
                      Actually, I heard it sold pretty well. I could be wrong though.

But their concert sales definitely took a hit.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                        No it didn't. VH I sold 10 million copies.

I said "Fairwarning," genius, and most critics consider it to be the crown jewel of the six-pack. VHI is great, but it has a cover song and lacks a little unity. It's mostly a best of their demos, almost a compilation ironically considering it was their first album...

Either way, I don't like the Dixie Chicks. Not really a country music fan. After The Police performed I watched reruns of King of Queens.
                        Not a big country fan either; I'll still be their groupie and they're solid musicians that are drifting over more to rock, with the Rick Rubin collaboration...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          I said "Fairwarning," genius, and most critics consider it to be the crown jewel of the six-pack. VHI is great, but it has a cover song and lacks a little unity. It's mostly a best of their demos, almost a compilation ironically considering it was their first album...

Not a big country fan either; I'll still be their groupie and they're solid musicians that are drifting over more to rock, with the Rick Rubin collaboration...

Is Ruben turning into Quincy Jones? That fucker has his hands on damn near everything.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Rick Rubin has proven to be a producer who can do well with just about any genre of music.

What other producer could go from Johnny Cash to Tom Petty to Aerosmith to Slayer all within the same week?

(Don't know if he's literally produced them all within the same week, but he has worked with all of the above, and many more.)

Maybe Van HALEN should give him a call?
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ODShowtime
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I think he got the producer of the year grammy this year.

It's weird how totally archaic License to Ill is, yet it sounds great out of shitty radios... and sounds incredible from powerful car systems.

There was a comment about Van Halen I read once where they drove around and listened to their mixes in a car before the final master was finished to make sure it sounded good when you're cruisin'

Man I don't know how you old folks could get by without at least a tape deck and some decent speakers. It must have been rough in the 70s.
                              gnaw on it

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                I said "Fairwarning," genius, and most critics consider it to be the crown jewel of the six-pack.

Yeah, I know. You stated it as fact that it was their best album. Many will agree with you, but there are many that won't. Music is subjective, and although I really like Fair Warning, I prefer VH I.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...