Does anyone think George Bush can be beat in the election?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Savicki
    • Jan 2004

Re: Does anyone think George Bush can be beat in the election?

Originally posted by Sarge
    IDo you think Bush can lose this election and who do you think can beat him?
    Dean if he keeps advertising/campaigning in all the conservative states.
    sigpic

Comment

• John Ashcroft
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Nah. Conservatives balk whenever Dean even mentions Iraq, and shiver at the thought of a guy like that being in charge of national defense. No amount of campaigning is gonna change that.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
        Hey Sesh, what are your feelings on Gore being given a cushy reporter's job, Clinton going to England, and Dean wussing out on a fake medical excuse during the same period? Hmm? :confused:
        I think it proves that, at least then, if you had money or influence you could skip the draft.

In a way Clinton was the least hypocritical about it.

Cheers!

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          I think it proves that, at least then, if you had money or influence you could skip the draft.

In a way Clinton was the least hypocritical about it.

Cheers!

Clinton didn't have any money or influence. He grew up dirt poor in Hope Arkansas.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BrownSound1
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

To answer Sarge's original question of who can beat Bush, I'm going to say no one in this election.

Now, on the the National Guard subject. I can understand Va Beach's complaint about Bush's ANG service to a point. To be quite honest, if joining the ANG kept me out of Vietnam then I might would have done the same thing. I think we all would agree that Vietnam was a totally WRONG war for us to be involved in. Or should I say, our military wasn't allowed to end it quickly...because we could have. Now, to me joining the ANG IS doing a service to your state and country, and it is certainly a lot better than running off to fuckin' Europe or Canada and deserting your country all together.

I have a brother-in-law who as soon as his time in the regular army ended he joined the guard. He was in special forces in the Army and I guess he just couldn't totally stop being a soldier. Anyway, he just left for Iraq on the 5th of this month. We talked just before his deployment and he commented that he was more nervous this time than any other time he went out. I asked him why....he pointed to his wife and kids and said, "I didn't have them to worry about when I was 19 or 20 years old." He was quick to point out though that he was GLAD and PROUD to be going to Iraq. You guys may laugh at Guardsmen, but in a lot of cases THEY are making more of a sacrifice than most "regulars." All of our military, both regulars and reserves deserve our thanks and appreciation...except for Sarge's punk ass who's sitting in Texas changing bed pans.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I supported Dean originally, but I've changed my mind. I'm convinced there's no way he can beat Bush, which quite frankly is my only objective in this election. I've been impressed in what I've seen in Edwards in recent weeks.
              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

What has Bush done to you???

Why the hate?

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

I don't like Cheney, or Ashcroft (the real one). I'd like to see them go.

I don't mind President Bush so much ... the huge amount of spending irritates me as does the new size of government.

I kinda like Edwards most out of the democratic guys that I'd take seriously... other than that, Al Sharpton makes me laugh.

But I probably won't make a decision on who I would vote for until late October.
                  I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                    I supported Dean originally, but I've changed my mind. I'm convinced there's no way he can beat Bush, which quite frankly is my only objective in this election. I've been impressed in what I've seen in Edwards in recent weeks.
                    Actually, so am I. I think Kerry/Edwards or vice versa would give Bush the most trouble. Clark's a close third in terms of who would be effective.
                    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love

I don't mind President Bush so much ... the huge amount of spending irritates me as does the new size of government.

I kinda like Edwards most out of the democratic guys that I'd take seriously.....
                      Doc, those two statements are contradictory. Edwards is not gonna spend less than Bush.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                        I don't like Cheney, or Ashcroft (the real one). I'd like to see them go.

I don't see Cheney being around in the second term. I think he'll step down. Powell will leave. I think Ashcroft will go too. Rumsfeld looks like he's ready to pack it in also. Let's hope Wolfowitz is not his replacement.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                          Doc, those two statements are contradictory. Edwards is not gonna spend less than Bush.
                          I don't see them as contradictory at all. I said I like Edwards out of the democrats (last I checked Bush was Republican. )

In any event, I think spending would probably shrink under a democrat, because republicans wouldn't probably want to work with a Democrat President.

My goal would be gridlock.
                          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

Working...