X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lqskdiver
    Sniper
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FORD

I'm well aware that the LONG TERM supply of oil is fucked. When I say short term, I'm referring to all the lies these fucking bastards tell about refineries and pipelines, when the only reason these things aren't producing enough is that THEY deliberately shut them down to keep the gas prices artificially high in the first place.
    Where do you get your "FACTS"...from the Bizarro Times??? Find me solid evidence that they deliberately shut down to keep gas prices up. Maybe Erin Brokobitch can get on the case.

Listen, the US has not built any new refineries in over 30 years!!! That was in the seventies when ol peanut brain Carter was running the show. Then after it is built it takes a couple of decades for a refinery to see any ROI. If they do shut down, it is because of high maintenance and repair on old equipment.

We import more gas now than ever before from the latin countries as well as Saudi and other parts.. And due to the low quality refining methods from other countries we are forced to pay more $$'s as an incentive to get them to clean up the shit.

It's all about the dependancy and the demand. Building more refineries in the US is a huge hassle due to government red tape and enviromental issues. No one wants to go through that headache.

And drilling in our backyard? How dare we even think about it. Hell, on my way to work I drove by 2 drilling platforms in the middle of some fields close to a Wal-Mart. Where's the fuss? Why can't we get the oil that is out in the middle of nowhere??

Tell you what, the next time any of you sumbitches go up to visit the prestine natural landscape of Alaska's ANWR, I will retract any statement about drilling. Cuz we all know how much of a commodity that frozen tundra is.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

FORD, you have truly gone off the deep end.
      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• knuckleboner
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train

My personal opinion is that the electric car killed the electric car. It was a stupid design. I liken it to string up tons of individual light bulbs to light up your backyard.

While some of the innovations of the electric car absolutely SHOULD be part of EVERY car design (regenetrative braking for ex-no idea if I spelled that correctly), that design ultimately wasn't practical enough to replace existing cars and trucks.

exactly. in a time where gasoline was still relatively cheap, the electric car was a small vehicle, that had very limited range and had to be fully recharged each night.

so, at BEST, it was only marketable to people who had garages and who had another car in the household. the electric car was a novelty that had no significant consumer base.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
          FORD, you have truly gone off the deep end.
          When it costs $70 to fill my gas tank, that will happen to you
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train

My personal opinion is that the electric car killed the electric car.

I thought it was the Stone Cutters?? :confused:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-cCfZrkCFI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-cCfZrkCFI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

ha ha!

ford's definitely right on that conspiracy theory!

(fucking steve guttenburg!)

Comment

• Big Train
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

No Ford...but it is true, they are keeping Martians under wraps.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                  • Jan 2004

<center>
                  </center>
                  Originally posted by FORD
                  When it costs $70 to fill my gas tank, that will happen to you
                  Wouldn't hiring a tow truck be cheaper than $70?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I've seen mention of your imported oil from South America, the mideast, etc... but do ANY of you know who your biggest supplier of oil is?
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• knuckleboner
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

(shsssh! we're 0-2 at invading you guys. you know we're not going to rock the oil boat, eh!)

Comment

• Lqskdiver
                        Sniper
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                        I've seen mention of your imported oil from South America, the mideast, etc... but do ANY of you know who your biggest supplier of oil is?
                        There was a study back in 04-05 that stated that Canada was our largest supplier an Algeria came in second. I'm sure it is still the case. But from what I understand, a lot of our own crude is sent to Canada and refined as sent back to us...at a markup of course. Again, having to do with lack of refineries in US.

What does a liter of gas go for over in Leaf country?
                        Last edited by Lqskdiver; 05-30-2007, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• steve
                          Sniper
                          • Feb 2004

From the DOE.gov website...
                          Crude Oil Imports (Top Countries)
                          (Thousand Barrels per Day)
                          2006 stats:
                          CANADA 1,732
                          MEXICO 1,722
                          SAUDI ARABIA 1,356
                          NIGERIA 1,191
                          VENEZUELA 1,197

...so basically, of our 5 biggest supplies, more than half comes from countries with oppressive dictatorships.

N I C E.

And speaking of Canada, that is an example of a place with a TON of oil (tar sands), but oil that is increasingly very expensive and energy intensive to extract and produce.
                          Last edited by steve; 05-30-2007, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Lqskdiver
                            Sniper
                            • Jun 2004

Mexico's peso is kicking the dollars ass right now. Alot of that has to do with the all the oil they are refining. They also just hit a huge find in the Gulf as well.

Like I said, we produce and keep very little. Until that changes WE ARE DEPENDANT ON FOREIGN OIL.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

So Jimmy Carter was right. We should have just ate it and subsidized synthetic oil production. It was an expensive proposition, but then again, as Carter put it: "when we enter the moral equivalent of war..."

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lqskdiver
                                What does a liter of gas go for over in Leaf country?
                                Varies across the country, we're paying around 120.9 right now.
                                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...