X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Veteran
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by FORD
    If I lost a family member in this useless and illegal war, I'd never shut up either.
    Useless? I dunno...if nothing else, this war seems to have given your life definition...
    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Lqskdiver
      Sniper
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Angel
      It's called Canada.
      Damn, I was just waiting for someone to yell that!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
        Living in your mom's basement beating off isn't going to make a "family member". You ramble on talking more nonsense than Cindy Sheehan and the only thing you've lost is your mind.

Her 15 minutes of fame are over. Hopefully, she'll move to Venezula and get used by Hugo.
        Talking points memo get to you already?

That's almost verbatim what Manqueer was spitting out this morning...

O'Really and Hannity will surely follow.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Angel
          It's called Canada.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
            • Jan 2004

Sheehan quits:

<center></center>
            Cindy Sheehan, the soldier's mother who galvanized an anti-war movement with her monthlong protest outside President Bush's ranch, said Tuesday she's done being the public face of the movement.

"I've been wondering why I'm killing myself and wondering why the Democrats caved in to George Bush," Sheehan told The Associated Press while driving from her property in Crawford to the airport, where she planned to return to her native California.

"I'm going home for awhile to try and be normal," she said.

In what she described as a "resignation letter," Sheehan wrote in her online diary on the Daily Kos blog: "Good-bye America ... you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can't make you be that country unless you want it.

"It's up to you now."

Sheehan began a grass roots peace movement in August 2005 when she camped outside Bush's Crawford ranch for 26 days, demanding to talk with the president about her son's death. Army Spc. Casey Sheehan was 24 when he was killed in an ambush in Baghdad in 2004.

Cindy Sheehan's protest started small but swelled to thousands and quickly drew national attention. Over the next two years, she drew huge crowds as she spoke at protest events. But she also drew criticism for some actions, such as meeting with Hugo Chavez, Venezuela's leftist president.

"I have endured a lot of smear and hatred since Casey was killed and especially since I became the so-called "Face" of the American anti-war movement," Sheehan wrote in the diary.

Kristinn Taylor, spokesman for FreeRepublic.com, which has held pro-troop rallies and counter-protests of anti-war demonstrations, said dwindling crowds at Sheehan's Crawford protests since her initial vigil may have led to her decision. But he also said he hopes she will now be able to heal.

"Her politics have hurt a lot of people, including the troops and their families, but most of us who support the war on terror understand she is hurt very deeply," Taylor said Tuesday. "Those she got involved with in the anti-war movement realize it was to their benefit to keep her in that stage of anger."

When Sheehan first took on Bush, she was a darling of the liberal left. "However, when I started to hold the Democratic Party to the same standards that I held the Republican Party, support for my cause started to erode and the 'left' started labeling me with the same slurs that the right used," she wrote in the diary.

She said she sacrificed a 29-year marriage and endured threats to put all her energy into stopping the war. What she found, she wrote, was a movement "that often puts personal egos above peace and human life."

She said the most devastating conclusion she had reached "was that Casey did indeed die for nothing ... killed by his own country which is beholden to and run by a war machine that even controls what we think."

Sheehan told the AP that she had considered leaving the peace movement since last summer while recovering from surgery.

She decided on Memorial Day to step down and spend more time with her three other children. She said she was returning to California on Tuesday because it was Casey's birthday. He would have been 28.

"We've accomplished as much here as we're going to," Sheehan said, saying she was leaving to change course. "When we come back, it definitely won't be with the peace movement with marches, with rallies and with protests. It will be more humanitarian efforts."

Last year, with $52,500 in insurance money she received after her son's death, Sheehan bought 5 acres near downtown Crawford as a permanent site for protests.

"Camp Casey has served its purpose," she wrote in the diary. "It's for sale. Anyone want to buy five beautiful acres in Crawford, Texas?"
            <center>
            </center>

<i>It's up to us now...</i>
            Last edited by Steve Savicki; 05-29-2007, 03:10 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Keef
              Roadie
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              This might sound cruel but life goes on. Sure you have to mourn and sure you have to deal with it. My experience with losing loved ones is you never really get over it, you learn to deal with it. You either brush yourself off and go on with your life or you can dive into the abyss and waste it out of depression.

What Cindy Sheehan doesn't realize is she lives in a country where she can protest and spout out her views. In other countries she would be tried for treason and be shot or beheaded. That woman wouldn't last long in Saudi Arabia or Yemmen.
              Who cares what other countries do?

So she should shut her yap because she would be beheaded somewhere else?

I'd be more worried with a Gov't that has snubbed thier nose at the people of this country. That includes both sides.

It's very obvious to me that they are all working one agenda, and it doesn't include US.

Comment

• Keef
                Roadie
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                burn
                You are prime age. What the fuck are you doing on the internet? Join up and get your ass over there,now...

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

She pretty much did what I did.

She figured out what was going on, got all pissed off, and then realized it's better to shut up and keep your head down.

Fuck it. Too many morons out there.
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Nov 2004

Living in your mom's basement beating off isn't going to make a "family member".
                    Well, maybe you should try a different approach. Maybe beating off to a different episode of American Idle? Give it a shot.

You neocon dummies just love to attack people who exercise their rights as Americans.

Your attacks on the women that you disagree with are especially creepy.
                    Last edited by DEMON CUNT; 05-29-2007, 08:53 PM.
                    Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Keef
                      So she should shut her yap because she would be beheaded somewhere else?
                      That's some good ol' fashioned American misogynistic logic.

These sociopathic conservatives are unable to feel compassion.
                      Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
                        Well, maybe you should try a different approach. Maybe beating off to a different episode of American Idle?

You neocon dummies just love to attack people who exercise their rights as Americans.

Your attacks on the women that you disagree with are especially creepy.
                        Yet they throw some big hissy fit when Don Imus or someone gets "censored."

I'll be sure to call hypocrite at threads like this in the future...

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          Yet they throw some big hissy fit when Don Imus or someone gets "censored."

I'll be sure to call hypocrite at threads like this in the future...
                          Hypocrisy is part of the American Conservative's creed.

Comment

• WACF
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

You know I feel bad for the woman.

She did what her rights and freedoms allowed her to do.

For those that find her annoying...turn it off...it's just that easy.

That is how it works here.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

She's taking her game and going home because the Dems threw her overboard!

Fish and relatives eh Cindy?

At least that cunt expended every ounce of Casey's honor before she called it a day.
                              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• ODShowtime
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

At least that cunt expended every ounce of Casey's honor before she called it a day.
                                Casey was a soldier and died performing his duty with honor. He deserves our respect regardless of what his mother does.

You really should be ashamed of yourself for saying that. Your hatred for those you don't agree with is showing.

And your hypocrisy.
                                gnaw on it

Comment

Working...