X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Veteran
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
    I don't know what rescinding you're talking about. Our property taxes have only gotten higher. It's actually getting quite ridiculous.

I know Downtown. My family has a long history dealing with Downtown. I walk down some streets in Downtown and it's nothing but closed gate after closed gate. We're talking two blocks from Wall St. And what about the Seaport and turning everything into condos?

The deficit wouldn't have been long lasting at all if we would have a mayor to stand up to Albany and actually have a bigger portion of the money we generate sent back here and gave initiatives for businesses to return to the city. But no, we have to fund the rest of the state. That's why we had the deficit and that's why no matter how much we raise taxes or put a congestion tax (another great anti-business plan), it'll return. We won't see much of that money, if at all.
    I guess then New York should just secede from the Union, b/c our taxes pay for a good deal of Southern federal aid. Or maybe NYC should secede from statehood with the rest of NY, for the same reason.

And you couldn't be more wrong about the congestion plan and how it will affect business and commerce (RIIIIIGHT, Bloomberg, anti-commerce...suuuure) if how the plan has worked out for London and Stockholm is any indication.

(the less traffic allows deliveries to go through quicker, gets people to their places of work faster, etc etc)

And downtown is doing very well...refresh my memory, what is two blocks from Wall St...oh, right! Ground Zero, where the towers once were!
    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
      Veteran
      • Feb 2006

no response, ak?
      RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...