• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ellyllions
    Veteran
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ODShowtime
    We pay people to know that.
    If you're saying the us populace knows more now, I would agree with that.
    You're right on both fronts.

But on the gw ignored them? Well, I'm not "in the know" but I'm very certain that the people we were paying to know, weren't doing their job. They were too busy fighting jurisdiction wars.

Ya'll need to read a book called "Blink". If I get time, I'll type in the information that's in that book about the "preparations" for this war. Enlightened me.
    "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Steve Savicki
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions
      N Now we see how many factions and splinters there are. Almost like Gangs in the US, eh?
      Isn't there a Van Halen song "Everybody wants some?"
      sigpic

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He callously used a national tragedy to advance his agenda for contractors and big oil?

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          He callously used a national tragedy to advance his agenda for contractors and big oil?
          Is that a question or a statement?

Comment

• Ellyllions
            Veteran
            • Mar 2006

Actually Nick this war was in the "planning stages" before Bushy got the job. When I get a chance I'll get the info from my book...

But as it goes, we spent roughly several million dollars for a "war game". We gathered the best the country had to offer in intel folks and purveyors of the "enemy". Supposedly using all the latest tech. Then we hired an old General from the Vietnam war to play the part of the enemy. He had them beat in under 20 minutes.

What did they do?
            They wiped the slate clean and made him play with different rules until the "A" team came out victorious. And that was the war plan they took to the Department of Defense.
            "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Bush just took Clinton's 1998 Iraq policy and ran with it until it's final conclusion. It's not something he came out of thin air with.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by WAR
                Is that a question or a statement?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Actually Nick this war was in the "planning stages" before Bushy got the job. When I get a chance I'll get the info from my book...

No dear. There's a difference from lobbyist hatched plots, and "plans."

PNAC were lobbyists, not planners...

It was the Bushleague crew that "planned" the war, with a bunch of dummy Neo Cons cuntributing...

But as it goes, we spent roughly several million dollars for a "war game". We gathered the best the country had to offer in intel folks and purveyors of the "enemy". Supposedly using all the latest tech. Then we hired an old General from the Vietnam war to play the part of the enemy. He had them beat in under 20 minutes.

What did they do?
                  They wiped the slate clean and made him play with different rules until the "A" team came out victorious. And that was the war plan they took to the Department of Defense.
                  There were many things ignored by these idiots, including Gen. Zinni (USMC -Ret.) who was in charge of Operation Desert Fox (Clinton's containment policy) who drew up numerous scenarios and plans that Bush and his gaggle of dopes in the Pentagon and White House never even bothered to look at...

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

We all admit that the pre-war planning was a disaster.

We can argue till the cows come home about the failures of the administration, but we are over there now and have to deal with it.

You have to be a forward thinker, and that's what some of these candidates running for president out to be thinking about.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                      • Jan 2004

When I get a chance I'll get the info from my book...
                      *curious as to what kind of book this is*
                      sigpic

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2006

George Carlin for President.
                        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Anyone else here save magazines & newspapers from 9/11? I have the Time, Newsweek, US News & a few others. I thought my kids might be interested in it when they get older. I looked at them a couple years ago and damn, it really brings back that day. The pics of the people falling from the towers sends shivers up my spine. I see the suit the falling guy is wearing and I think of how that morning he was looking in the mirror finishing his toast & coffee thinking ok, I look good enough for work, this is a good tie for this coat & shirt, not realizing that the whole world would soon see his tie fluttering in the air as he plunges from 100 stories up. Did he kiss his wife goodbye? Or his kids? Did he have plans for the weekend?

I'm really getting sick of all the fucking hatred & killing.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Someone is suppossed to start the nuclear war that will start on Dec. 21, 2007. Heck, we are just fullfilling our destiny in the Lord's grand plan.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/epy8bc-A-gw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/epy8bc-A-gw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                              Anyone else here save magazines & newspapers from 9/11? I have the Time, Newsweek, US News & a few others. I thought my kids might be interested in it when they get older. I looked at them a couple years ago and damn, it really brings back that day. The pics of the people falling from the towers sends shivers up my spine. I see the suit the falling guy is wearing and I think of how that morning he was looking in the mirror finishing his toast & coffee thinking ok, I look good enough for work, this is a good tie for this coat & shirt, not realizing that the whole world would soon see his tie fluttering in the air as he plunges from 100 stories up. Did he kiss his wife goodbye? Or his kids? Did he have plans for the weekend?

I'm really getting sick of all the fucking hatred & killing.
                              I stood on the observation deck of the World Trade Center not too long before it went down. Falling from it wold be terrifying as the seconds pass and the gound gets closer. Death would be quick unlike burning to death and you know they were jumping to avoid the heat and smoke.

I would be pissed that I didn't have my pistol with me so I could cap myself in the head. I've killed plenty of animals to know a bullet in the head brings instantaniouse death. I would rather pull a trigger than jump. It would be easier.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

War is making sure more of your enemies die in vain than the guys on your side. If this is the case, we are still winning.

Comment

Working...