• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

No good choices: Granted

JHale pissed: Granted

So we've been arguing different sides of the same coin????

I feel so cheated.

And I apologize for calling you dumb. You're not dumb.

Just a cunt
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Blackflag
      Banned
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      I agree with you. The horse has left the barn on most of my pet peeves of this "administration"

Too little, too late.

But is floating more debt really the answer now?

I'm asking in all sincerity.

It's not a good option, it sucks. But we're out of good options. Really, what else do you do?

Honestly, I wish they would rebate more money. Take the medicine once, then hope the economy rebounds to pay it all off.

I'll tell you what would be a real bitch...to take on this $145m debt, then have it not be enough to make a real difference.

That's why the markets went down on Fri., people were disappointed that this package may not be high enough.

Comment

• Blackflag
        Banned
        • Apr 2006

And I apologize for calling you dumb. You're not dumb.

We're all dumb. The smart people are on a beach in the south pacific.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
          It's not a good option, it sucks. .
          Hence my angry thread / rant

Really, what else do you do?

Hoping you knew....

I'll tell you what would be a real bitch...to take on this $145m debt, then have it not be enough to make a real difference.
          Just in time for DECISON 2008, eh?

That's why the markets went down on Fri., people were disappointed that this package may not be high enough.
          I'm no expert [duh], but wasn't the crash/depression actually caused by exactly the same kind of credit crunch the mortgage debacle is mimicking now?

Banks stop lending, all hell breaks loose.

This just seems to be such a 4th and 40yds, Hail Fucking Mary with no time left on the clock play.....

I have some cash and gold [literally] stashed, just in case.

I'm not going out and buying canned goods, but this sure seems to be deja vu all over again....

Good Luck with your Ron Paul "little or no governemtn" platform.

I'll be in my bunker.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
            Veteran
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
            You know, when there are enough jobs in this country that actual pay real wages and real salaries for more than enough of the middle and lower classes of the country then people SPEND money.

This mega corps, the upper upper rich, the people who have actually been really running this country are running it into the ground because they are too fucking greedy, and it needs to stop.

I saw the revitalization of this class warfare against the middle class and working class in the US a long time ago, I probably first truly realized it about 13 years ago, and if the middle class and the working class loses, the whole country loses.
            I agree entirely. I first noticed it during the Rodney King riots back in '91. It simmered for a while during the first few years of the Clinton admin but it has gotten progresively worse since 1996.

Its interesting - the market tanks and all of a sudden the news is like "Oh looming rescession this, recession that." Living standards for most of the country have never reterned to pre-9-11 status. Jobs are scarce and good jobs are non-existent. Wages have fallen way behind the cost of living and how long is it going to keep getting harder and harder to make an honest living? Meanwhile the oil companies enjoy record breaking profits each quarter and (until last week) Wallstreet was untouchable. It pisses me off.
            Last edited by Hyman Roth; 01-19-2008, 07:41 PM.
            Trollidillo-T

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

There's a technical equation that becomes a true "recession"

Something like 2 quarters of so and so negative growth, yada, yada...

But that's all theater as far as Joe Sixpack is concerned.

Recession = Job Loss / foreclosure / Food bank to middle america...

Call it what you want, even "food fear", or whatever BushCO came up with..

It aint good. And as far as I'm concerned, it's all at the feet of the Republican led Congress and White House 2000-2006

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                Veteran
                • Nov 2006

Right..."a significant decline in economic activity spread across the economy, lasting more than a few months."

Just like CPI is supposed to accurately reflect what consumers
                purchase and the unemployment rate doesn't take into account
                people who gave up looking for a job in their field after six months,
                even if they swallowed their pride and took that job at McDonalds or
                washing cars.

We are fucked! Best case scenario: that super volcano in Yosemete National pops its cork sooner rather than later.
                Trollidillo-T

Comment

• Blackflag
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2006

I'm no expert [duh], but wasn't the crash/depression actually caused by exactly the same kind of credit crunch the mortgage debacle is mimicking now?

Banks stop lending, all hell breaks loose.
                  True, lack of liquidity in the business credit markets. So the fed (and the EU central bank) released a lot of low interest cash to remedy the situation.

It is parallel to the mortgage thing, I guess... lack of credit available to consumers. So giving some cash back may help.

The big thing is the government sucking up all the cash for businesses and people and sending it to the Iraq debacle. So the more they let the cash stay here (lower tax), the better.

This just seems to be such a 4th and 40yds, Hail Fucking Mary with no time left on the clock play.....
                  But they should be doing something rather than just watching the shit hit the fan, I guess.

I have some cash and gold [literally] stashed, just in case.
                  I've been putting money into asian stocks, and as much as it turns my stomach to say, they're doing pretty good.

Comment

• jgdrag
                    Sniper
                    • Jul 2005

Hey guys, I'm an outsider(Canadian) looking in on your most recent economic position and all I can say from experience is that all those jobs that have left your country,they aren't coming back. You have however been fortunate that is did not happen back in the late 90s. China, unlike Mexico, has taken the opportunity to strengthen their global position through manufacturing and cheap labour whereas Mexico could not adapt or chose not to adapt to the economic opportunity offered to them. One Chinese yen .138 per American dollar. If you owned a manufacturing company, where would your most profitable opportunity come from? China!
                    It was interesting to learn that Wal-Mart is the 2nd or 3rd largest importer of Chinese goods in America? This cannot be very good for the American economy? But, American and yes Canadian people still shop there daily?
                    When a country borrows money for any reason, they have to pay it back, but what happens when a country's interest is higher than their income ?
                    Your governments idea of this tax cut or whatever they choose to call it only works if the money the American people reseive stays in America and stimulates economic growth in America. The American and Canadian buying power will control econoic growth in our 2 countries as long as we stop buying foreign goods.
                    By the way, Americans are still getting rich, they are the ones who start these companies in China and Mexico. They have sold this as a humanitarian effort to improve the living standards of the 3rd world population which in theory is a fantastic move, but, the fallout will be felt by us.
                    I predict that should Africa ever get their shit together, it will be the next 3rd world country to reap the rewards of manufacturing.
                    Sorry for the rant.

Comment

• jgdrag
                      Sniper
                      • Jul 2005

Hey guys, I'm an outsider(Canadian) looking in on your most recent economic position and all I can say from experience is that all those jobs that have left your country,they aren't coming back. You have however been fortunate that is did not happen back in the late 90s. China, unlike Mexico, has taken the opportunity to strengthen their global position through manufacturing and cheap labour whereas Mexico could not adapt or chose not to adapt to the economic opportunity offered to them. One Chinese yen .138 per American dollar. If you owned a manufacturing company, where would your most profitable opportunity come from? China!
                      It was interesting to learn that Wal-Mart is the 2nd or 3rd largest importer of Chinese goods in America? This cannot be very good for the American economy? But, American and yes Canadian people still shop there daily?
                      When a country borrows money for any reason, they have to pay it back, but what happens when a country's interest is higher than their income ?
                      Your governments idea of this tax cut or whatever they choose to call it only works if the money the American people reseive stays in America and stimulates economic growth in America. The American and Canadian buying power will control econoic growth in our 2 countries as long as we stop buying foreign goods.
                      By the way, Americans are still getting rich, they are the ones who start these companies in China and Mexico. They have sold this as a humanitarian effort to improve the living standards of the 3rd world population which in theory is a fantastic move, but, the fallout will be felt by us.
                      I predict that should Africa ever get their shit together, it will be the next 3rd world country to reap the rewards of manufacturing.
                      Sorry for the rant.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It's not a good option, it sucks. But we're out of good options. Really, what else do you do?

Honestly, I wish they would rebate more money. Take the medicine once, then hope the economy rebounds to pay it all off.

Extending unemployment benefits has been shown to be one of the most effective returns on spending there is. It's something like $1.70 (in spending) is returned for every $1 spent. But partisan economists that are full of shit ideology over realist pragmatism will only advocate tax cuts. Something that only helps those with money to begin with...

Comment

• Blackflag
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          Extending unemployment benefits has been shown to be one of the most effective returns on spending there is. It's something like $1.70 (in spending) is returned for every $1 spent. But partisan economists that are full of shit ideology over realist pragmatism will only advocate tax cuts. Something that only helps those with money to begin with...
                          It's about time somebody said something interesting.

The resistance is probably a gut reaction people have to paying people for not working...but, by the numbers, that probably makes sense.

Comment

• WACF
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            When things haven fallen as far as they have for you guys...yeah I think this is exactly right.

But...there is a point before it gets that bad that tax breaks are fine.
                            I am middle class and I will take and spend every extra dollar I get...as long as the social net stays intact it is sustainable.

One thing I find interesting though is when I was in Elko, Nevada last June the different people(all in mining) I talked too were having a very hard time finding skilled and unskilled labour...the one company was starving for mechanics...and these guys all pay well.

Do you guys have a high or low enemployment rate?

Comment

• WACF
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

It's about time somebody said something interesting.

The resistance is probably a gut reaction people have to paying people for not working...but, by the numbers, that probably makes sense.

The things with EI is that it is only supposed to get you through till your next job...not be a way of life.

Like anything else out there people abuse it and fuck it up for everyone.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

When will we have to stop listening to this countries number 1 DUMBFUCK !!!!! whoever voted for this piece of shit should be fucking ashamed of themselves !!!

Comment

Working...