Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

I don't call it a "surge", I call it "back peddling".

It shows the world what we already know and what W won't admit; that he was wrong.

It should have been done a long time ago.

If not for those clowns, it wouldn't have needed to be done at all.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2007

I'm gonna keep rambling...this is for you, sadaist.

I work with a retired 1st sgt. who was in signal. (yeah, that's right, I live in Wilmington Ohio and I work!...that can be another thread, but I doubt any of you are interested)
      He told me that all the meals were bought and prepared by civilian contractors (KBR). Back in my day, it was soldiers that were doing that.
      He also said that every day, there was such an abundance of food, you had several choices as to what you wanted for every meal.....like your last supper-every day!
      I can understand how it would be good for morale, since there's little else to look forward to in Iraq, but it still seems excessive and wasteful....that's just the food end, folks. I don't know how much a civilian employee makes doing that job, but I guaran-damn-tee you it's a lot more that the soldiers who are already deployed.

There's no reason not to believe there's not a lot more waste or gouging going on under the KBR Halliburton umbrella.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
        I'm gonna keep rambling...this is for you, sadaist.

I work with a retired 1st sgt. who was in signal. (yeah, that's right, I live in Wilmington Ohio and I work!...that can be another thread, but I doubt any of you are interested)
        He told me that all the meals were bought and prepared by civilian contractors (KBR). Back in my day, it was soldiers that were doing that.
        He also said that every day, there was such an abundance of food, you had several choices as to what you wanted for every meal.....like your last supper-every day!
        I can understand how it would be good for morale, since there's little else to look forward to in Iraq, but it still seems excessive and wasteful....that's just the food end, folks. I don't know how much a civilian employee makes doing that job, but I guaran-damn-tee you it's a lot more that the soldiers who are already deployed.

There's no reason not to believe there's not a lot more waste or gouging going on under the KBR Halliburton umbrella.

I agree with you and what that video clip says. I said that in my first post to it. I was pointing out that the clip lacked the evidence or hard facts required to submit it to Congress. Hopefully those were just small snippets and other parts of it had these things. But this type of spending is not new. Remember the first time you heard about a $500 screwdriver or a $1200 toilet seat? It's sickening.

Tom Brokaw had a great segment on TV each week titled "The Fleecing Of America". The problem is that too many of us watch this, are disgusted by it, then don't do a whole lot about it.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...