Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Any plan to leave Iraq is going to need the advice of the Generals in Iraq and the people in charge of the Iraq war. Clinton’s fucking fantasy of withdrawing troops in the first 6 months of Her administration is just Election Rhetoric. She’s saying that because that’s what the American people, she thinks, wants to hear. Obama’s saying something like 16 months, this again is nonsense and rhetoric but Obama is probably closer to a realistic timeline.

Neither one of them has a plan because they do not have access to the key players involved in withdrawing our troops. So they are just guessing and trying to stay a vague as possible. It wouldn’t sound good saying, “I have no idea because I won’t know all the facts until I’m elected.” That’s the truth but doesn‘t play well on the evening news.

If Obama or Clinton win the White House they will have to put committees together and get all the pertinent information to base a decision on. Recommendations will be asked for, feasibility studies will be requested, and a dozen other important players in the war are going to have to be consulted and their recommendations reviewed. Even if Clinton or Obama gave the order to withdraw the next day after they were sworn in it’ll be months before a plan is shaped and enacted.

McCain doesn’t have a plan, to my knowledge. What’s his plan? To take, hold and rebuild. That was Rice’s plan. We don’t have enough troops to do that. All McCain is saying is the war is working, stay the course. Show me what his agenda is for his first year in office. No one’s asking him the tough questions about rebuilding, troop escalation or reduction, and how to get the squabbling tribes to unify under one centralized government.

I don’t listen to McCain much but does anyone have any information on McCain’s strategy?
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by kwame k

McCain doesn’t have a plan, to my knowledge. What’s his plan? To take, hold and rebuild. That was Rice’s plan. We don’t have enough troops to do that. All McCain is saying is the war is working, stay the course. Show me what his agenda is for his first year in office. No one’s asking him the tough questions about rebuilding, troop escalation or reduction, and how to get the squabbling tribes to unify under one centralized government.

I don’t listen to McCain much but does anyone have any information on McCain’s strategy?
      You already have the answer "stay the course" aka "keep
      on truckin".

You ain't never going to get these shitbirds to quit killing
      each other.
      All you can do is make it harder for them to kill us.
      Maybe just getting the fuck out is the answer.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Blackflag
        Banned
        • Apr 2006

This thread is deep.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
          This thread is deep.

Allow me to explain.

Guitar Shark was trying to prove a point by starting an OP-ED thead without commenting on the subject himself.

Thereby hoping I'd either close it, where he can get all indignat that a fellow mod closed a thread of his...

Or that I'd leave it open, thereby allowing him to yell "double standard" or "hypocrite" by not closing it.

But the fact of the matter is, I couldnt care less.

It's the moronic trolls who suffer closing of op-ed spam.

And as I once considered Sharkey a friend here, I dont consider him a moronic troll.

Now you on the other hand......

As to the "depth" of the thread, the subject is valid, but once a thread has been infected by cadaverdouche, it immediately gets on the short bus to the circus.

Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

dupe

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

I was not aware that Bush had tried to push the Sadaam
              /Bin Laden connection as an excuse to invade Iraq until
              I starting researching claims made here.
              You're welcome.

Yes, you were quite ignorant to the FACTS, as you were too busy being ass pounded in prison to "read up" on the falsifying of intel leading up to the war.

I'm sure the term "Downing St. Memo" still means nothing to you.

If nothing else, at least Nick and I made you a little less ignorant of the facts.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Allow me to explain.

Guitar Shark was trying to prove a point by starting an OP-ED thead without commenting on the subject himself.

Thereby hoping I'd either close it, where he can get all indignat that a fellow mod closed a thread of his...

Or that I'd leave it open, thereby allowing him to yell "double standard" or "hypocrite" by not closing it.

But the fact of the matter is, I couldnt care less.

It's the moronic trolls who suffer closing of op-ed spam.

And as I once considered Sharkey a friend here, I dont consider him a moronic troll.

Now you on the other hand......

As to the "depth" of the thread, the subject is valid, but once a thread has been infected by cadaverdouche, it immediately gets on the short bus to the circus.

Actually, although it might not appear that way, truthfully my only purpose in starting this thread was to see whether posting an op-ed without comment could generate a discussion.

"once considered"? lol... I still love YOU, man...

ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                  Actually, although it might not appear that way, truthfully my only purpose in starting this thread was to see whether posting an op-ed without comment could generate a discussion.

"once considered"? lol... I still love YOU, man...

I took the bait and ran with it! I feel so used
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• knuckleboner
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                    I took the bait and ran with it! I feel so used
                    don't feel so badly. i knowingly took the bait...

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                      don't feel so badly. i knowingly took the bait...
                      We might have to start a support group

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It still is an interesting article...

I don't know if the fact that McCain is giving a nudge and a wink to the press regarding his insincerity when pandering to the authoritarian conservative wing of the party moderates him and puts him in line with my "liberal" views -- or makes me hate him more in what he has become...

The fact that he devotes 90%+ of each speech to "fear," "glorious victory in Iraq!" "the terrorists are going to kill us" banter, and then proclaims he's going to do nothing regarding the Savings and Loan Crisis is telling as to what an old fool he is, and to why perhaps he shouldn't be made leader...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Then anybody who replied to anything I contributed is
                          an idiot?
                          You just can't accept the fact that it's no longer the
                          kiss Loungeassholes ass forum anymore.
                          What an asshole.
                          Last edited by cadaverdog; 03-28-2008, 06:42 PM.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Yes, you were quite ignorant to the FACTS, as you were too busy being ass pounded in prison to "read up" on the falsifying of intel leading up to the war.

gulp:
                            Considering the fact I was paroled before "Operation Desert
                            Storm" even started what would I have been reading in
                            prison on this subject?
                            Something by Nostradamus?

If nothing else, at least Nick and I made you a little less ignorant of the facts.

Yeah , you educated me to the fact that you see things the way you
                            want to see them.
                            Hans Blix admitted he could not be 100% sure their were no WMDs.
                            He was pretty sure , but not positive.
                            Bush said not good enough .
                            Then when I provided a link concerning Bush's using a Geneva
                            Convention rule reguarding cease fires and renewing action if
                            a treaty was not abided by , you ignored it and kept spewing
                            your version of the facts.
                            You don't care about facts , you only care about your interpretation
                            of the facts .
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

I don't know if the fact that McCain is giving a nudge and a wink to the press regarding his insincerity when pandering to the authoritarian conservative wing of the party moderates him and puts him in line with my "liberal" views -- or makes me hate him more in what he has become...

The fact that he devotes 90%+ of each speech to "fear," "glorious victory in Iraq!" "the terrorists are going to kill us" banter, and then proclaims he's going to do nothing regarding the Savings and Loan Crisis is telling as to what an old fool he is, and to why perhaps he shouldn't be made leader...
                              Exactly.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Exactly.

Comment

Working...