X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    ...And anyways, why would anyone listen to this retard? Didn't he get bilked out of his fortune in the late 1970s by an accountant or something?
    Exactly.....he's the last person I would want to take financial advice from.

Maybe he should work on wall st. There's no accountability there, either.

Comment

• Big Train
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I think the Nuge is partially right. None of these industries will ultimately be helped by a bailout. Bankruptcy would be the best solution.

In the case of the auto industry, I think there is more value in selling the individual brands GM owns out to different private sources of funding and figuring out how to rework nameplates that are tarnished in the marketplace (Buick being a prime example). Private equity and foreign funds (Scary as that sounds) have ample money to take on these troubled assests and make them work. Cerebus is gonna gut Chrysler, but at least make it profitable for once. We can't continue to lose money in our businesses in the name of just keeping people employed for a little longer. That's a cosmetic solution.

I'm all for dumping all current management in the financial and auto industries. I'm also for dumping TARP entirely until there are real and useful controls on where and how the money is spent. When Mr. Paulson decides to be forthright and open, we can start talking about it saving these other businesses.

I'd also wish the press would stop reinventing numbers. The TARP bill is 840 Billion, pork included. We have to pay for tax breaks for racetracks that the "saved" ford will run it's race cars around. And the Bicycle credits, the rum credits, the wooden arrows...it's all in there.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        I haven't read this whole thread: but did anyone else notices how Ted is such a retard that he advocates only helping the financial industry (probably because its in his self-interest), but not giving a few billion$ in scrap LOANS to the auto industry? our last bastion of industrial might and working class jobs that pay.

It's obvious that Ted-the-butt-Nugget hates America and its working people and thinks only of his investments on Wall Street...
        ?
        And anyways, why would anyone listen to this retard? Didn't he get bilked out of his fortune in the late 1970s by an accountant or something?
        If one is going to throw upwards of a trillion towards the financial industry, I say throw a hundred billion at the auto industry and save those 2 1/2 million working-class jobs.

What the fuck would Nugent know about an average person's struggles? It's always good and well for those who have plenty to be so cavalier about laying off a shitload of lower-middle class workers.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Figs
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

The "big 3" make shit cars, period. Until that changes they will fail.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Figs
            The "big 3" make shit cars, period. Until that changes they will fail.
            But they also make some pretty good cars. They just sell the shitty ones here; Google "Ford of Europe" for further information...

Comment

• Blackflag
              Banned
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Terry
              What the fuck would [politicians] know about an average person's struggles? It's always good and well for those who have plenty to be so cavalier about laying off a shitload of lower-middle class workers.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

Put your fuckin' helmet back on before you hurt yourself, CrackFag.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Why does Ted's opinion on the economy carry any weight? If he wants to talk about who can play guitar, then his opinion carries weight; as for the economy, I'll listen to the professionals.

You don't ask a car mechanic how to bake a cake.
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2007

You nailed it down tight, binnie.

Comment

Working...