X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
    well, he gave evidence. i'm not exactly sure that "evidence" qualifies as proof...
    If it's on the internets it must be true
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• lesfunk
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
      Those of us who stand in the center of the road are too busy looking at the "bad accidents" to the far left and right of us, and we forget where we were headed.
      That's the silliest thing I ever heard. Who are you Confucius ?
      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by GAR
        When Carter left, retail lending interest rates was at 21.5 percent.

You forgot about that.
        And you forgot the recession was actually on the first two years of Reagan's watch and that he was far from the iconic, universally popular figure he is today, even among Republicans. Carter had little to do with the economic upheavals such as inflation. Most of that can be traced back to LBJ and Nixon actually. Carter's Fed had little choice but to fuck with interest rates in order to control inflation, which is mainly the cause of all recessions in what is known as the "business cycle." This also set up Reagan and the overall boom-times of the 1980s...

When Clinton got in, he rode the crest of the post-87 crash tax credits under Reagan and Bush1. Clinton didn't have to do anything but smile, and he didn't do anything on foreign policy but watch repeated attacks from Islamists.
        Bullshit. Tax cuts are nice, but they inflated in importance and inflated the deficit and probably had little to do with the overall boom in the 80s which would have happened with, or without, tax cuts. And you can thank Reagan for beginning the long slide of irresponsible gov't deregulation of the markets with has led to this housing bubble...

I'm not positive, but I recall 87's "black Friday" as being somewhat related to deregulation...

In fact I can't recall a fucking thing Clinton did but fuck an intern and then lie about it, which got your Hero disbarred as an attorney for lying to the grand jury.

Forgot about that too.
        Bullshit! The internet that we know today flourished under Clinton for a reason, he didn't just sell it off to corporate pricks and made it a public entity not subject to corporate control and parceling out. The open web flourished as well as technology flourished under a Democratic White House and the ideal of a public domain over corporatism and I'm not sure this would have been the case if Bush had been reelected. He knew how to run things and was really more like an old school Rockefeller/Eisenhower Republican than actual Republicans were...

You can not believe me if you want, but the US invented the internet under DARPA and Al Gore and we were the cutting edge of it in the 1990s and early 2000s. But under eight years of these clowns that just were flushed out of office, the US has retrograded on the web while places like South Korea have broadband almost universally available. Why? Because some Republicans believe in fucking the consumer and whoring everything off to the biggest cockbag corporate donors!:56k:
        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-28-2009, 03:29 PM. Reason: addendum!!

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

Your facts are wrong, bottom line with Democrats is the reason they exist is Rush Limbaugh fatass that he is, easily finds reason daily to antagonize them and they can't take the abuse because most of what he says is true.

AND fyi I know what I'm talking about, I listen occasionally until he has to answer to the voices in his head he calls "Snerdly" - then it's time to hit the FM button.

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            If Obama fails right now, that means we go into the second BCE Great Depression.
            Any guy giving himself a pass in his inauguration speech by saying "it isn't going to be easy" etc. isn't saying upfront he expects to succeed.

Obama himself is telling us he expects to fail, and by all economic indications charting so far, what he's been telling us since inauguration is not helping matters one bit.

FUCK stimulus. FUCK free money. FUCK Obama, he makes no sense!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by GAR
              Any guy giving himself a pass in his inauguration speech by saying "it isn't going to be easy" etc. isn't saying upfront he expects to succeed.

Obama himself is telling us he expects to fail, and by all economic indications charting so far, what he's been telling us since inauguration is not helping matters one bit.

FUCK stimulus. FUCK free money. FUCK Obama, he makes no sense!
              LMFAO!! Let's get one thing straight! The idea that if "something is difficult, then I'm going to fail." is YOUR mentality, not Obamas, library boy!

Comment

• knuckleboner
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                If it's on the internets it must be true
                you know, i think i read that somewhere!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

LMAO

yeah, here:

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by lesfunk
                    That's an interesting statement right there. It shows how even though President Obama hasn't been in office for a week, We [Libs] want 8 years of Obama already. What if he FUCKS UP? You're going to vote for him again ANYWAY? How's that any different than Voting for W. twice? God knows he fucked up.
                    Do you always selectively interpret other people's quotes ??

Did I or did I not say "hopefully eight" years ?? Or did you just gloss right over that ??

Sure, I "hope" he does a good enough job that it's a foregone conclusion that he'd be the Democratic nominee in '12....

And frankly, if he "fucks up", I really would rather not think about what that might mean, especially after eight straight fucked up years from Dubya...
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                      Veteran
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      Get used to it fellas, it's going to be four, and hopefully eight, years of whining from hypocritical Republicans....

Rush Bigmouth will be dead before then...God willing.

Or perhaps someone who is sick of listening to that fat hypocritical fuck.

In any event...God or the motivated assassin has my full support.

Comment

• lesfunk
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        Do you always selectively interpret other people's quotes ??

Did I or did I not say "hopefully eight" years ?? Or did you just gloss right over that ??

Sure, I "hope" he does a good enough job that it's a foregone conclusion that he'd be the Democratic nominee in '12....

And frankly, if he "fucks up", I really would rather not think about what that might mean, especially after eight straight fucked up years from Dubya...
                        Let's just get through 8 days first...
                        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Big Train
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Based on this thread, the Dems really did get their mileage out of this non-event.

Comment

Working...