X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
    I will say this about Keith Olberman and all the rest of the people that seems to think this country and even most of this world is now somehow safe and all kum ba ya from extremists.

Those that don't learn from the past is deemed to repeat it. I guess to Olberman, back in the Clinton administration, that cutting funding to the FBI, CIA and the military, was insignificant as a bunch of foreign guys enrolling in a flight school to learn how to fly a jet but not land them.

I guess when you look back at that, it must look small and meaningless just like the threats that Olberman pointed out that was discovered under the Bush/Cheney guard, that he so boldly pointed out.

See for a guy like this smuck Olderman, it's easy to be a next morning armchair quarterback. He can sit there and talk about how everything was wrong after the Clinton's and before the Obama's.

The truth is, this country has not had an attack on it in those eight yrs. because of the policies that were set in place.

I fear, this country once again will build up a false sense of security and one day be exposed to the harsh realities of terroism that could be avoided by never underestimating our enemy, never trying to be so silly in thinking you can make peace and change the beliefs of these killers and not being proactive and falling back to a reactive state of mind.

There are the majority of situations in this world that the USA can be what we have always been, the leading country of this world. Fighting terroism against these type of thugs, isn't one of them.
    LMFAO!! What terrorism? We haven't even had a decent post-9/11 plot that turn out to be a joke.

Since when was invading Iraq stopping "terroism?"

Al Qaida is largely a mythical misnomer that pants-shitting, panicky buffoons such as thou do more for than they can ever achieve themselves...

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

If you look at the track record......Trade Center bombed in 1993 and destroyed in 2001....that's an 8 year time frame.......so these guys don't move too fast, historically speaking.....of course the facts that seem to be lost on certain people here is.......terra-ist have been bombing the fuck out of the rest of the world after 9/11 but......that's the rest of the world so fuck them, right?
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Oh shit! I forgot the si-gar called me out about........well it's really hard to understand his posts......but I think it had something to do with the Ottoman Empire but I think he was trying to make a point about WWII and the oil in the Middle East.........fuck I'm not really sure he even knows what the fuck he means.....maybe the nice Librarian will proof read his posts..........but si-gar for a better understanding on the Ottoman Empire I suggest........http://www.bc.edu/schools/cas/histor...manempire.html

This one has pictures even si-gar!!!!!!!
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Bombing the fuck out of where?

Not much outwith the Middle East worth talking about and the casualty figures are completely irrelevant.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
            Sniper
            • Apr 2004

The only reason the slimeball thug terroist's haven't been able to do more in this country and the world abroad is because of the USA's proactive stance on terroism.

The idea, that we now can hold hands and joy to the world our way from dealing with these extremists by putting them in front of a civilized court is so wrong, i can't even fathom the idea.

Let me make this clear. If you think that the USA will be safer by going back to a reactive stance like we were pre 911, then you are flat out blind and out of touch with reality.

The reality is, go out and talk to the family members of the 911 attacks. Go talk to the family members of the USS cole and the family members who has lost and still has sons and daughters who fight against these killers so we can sit infront of our computor and do what we are doing right now.

This isn't about scare tactics or war mongering. This is about living in reality. The war on terror has no fronts or battle lines. It is won and lost by curbing attacks that would happen each and every day, little or big.

We were attacked, we reacted to that attack and have been proactive ever since, bringing the war to them in their back yard not ours.

It's like an animal that has been locked up behind a fence. If left alone for to long, it will find a weakness in that fence and get out. The same thing can be said about these thugs. If left alone, they will find a way to plan and plot destruction. In this country or another one.

So when some of you sit back and order your happy meal and drive your family to the mall and movie. Think about who and what is sacrificing themselves for you to be able to do so.

I will say this again. People who forget the things that happened in the past are deemed to let it happen again.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

The only reason the slimeball thug terroist's haven't been able to do more in this country and the world abroad is because of the USA's proactive stance on terroism.
              You are correct. Having had many dealings with Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport since September of 2001, I can not express how soundly I now sleep with this image in my mind...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

See for a guy like this smuck Olderman, it's easy to be a next morning armchair quarterback. He can sit there and talk about how everything was wrong after the Clinton's and before the Obama's.
                Give him at least some credit for being the only one on cable television to have the balls to speak out to that farce of an Admininstration... It wasn't until Olbermann's "Special Comments" and now the very good Rachel Maddow who have put a significant dent in O'Reilly and Hannity's ratings... Not beating them, but damn close...

Bill Maher tried at first but was fired, which turned out to be much better for him on the uncensored HBO....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Give him at least some credit for being the only one on cable television to have the balls to speak out to that farce of an Administration... It wasn't until Olbermann's "Special Comments" and now the very good Rachel Maddow who have put a significant dent in O'Reilly and Hannity's ratings... Not beating them, but damn close...

Bill Maher tried at first but was fired, which turned out to be much better for him on the uncensored HBO....
                  For the sake of argument, let us move beyond ratings. Just for shits and giggles, to be honest...let's look at overall credibility: There is none via proxy in existence, on an Edward R. Murrow scale.

Honestly, Olberman spent years as a journalist, finally ending up as a bright sports announcer, while O'Reilly worked as a real reporter for ABC, before inexplicably turning into the host of a particularly nasty tabloid show. The individual backgrounds on both men suggest parallel lives, to an extent.

Yet there is the lasting element of truth that is most applicable when choosing which show to watch at 8PM(EST). And that particular truth is defined not by the manner in which it is reported, yet in the way in which it is interpreted and believed.

Therein lies the result, be it positive or bad. Perhaps either one of these guys serve as a voice one agrees with. Yet when you consider the overall picture, neither serves as an active voice of change. That voice remains within the individual, no matter how belittled it may appear at this late date.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Bombing the fuck out of where?

Not much outwith the Middle East worth talking about and the casualty figures are completely irrelevant.

Yeah, that was a misleading statement by me......what I should of said is....althought there has not been another terrorist attack on The United States terrorist attacks have gone up World wide.

The rate of terrorism fatalities for the 59 month period following 11 September 2001 is 250 percent that of the 44.5 month period preceding and including the 9/11 attacks. This figure has been adjusted to account for the different length of the two periods and it implies an increase in average monthly fatalities of 150 percent. (Only in January 1998 did the database begin to include both national and international terrorism incidents.)
                    The rate of terrorist incidents for the post-9/11 period is 268 percent that of the period prior to and including 11 September 2001. This implies a 167 percent increase in what might be called the average monthly rate of incidents.
                    A fair portion of the increased activity is related to the war in Iraq -- but not all. Removing Iraq from the picture shows an increase in the average monthly rate of terrorism fatalities of more than 10 percent for the post-9/11 period. The increase in the rate of incidents not counting Iraq is 75 percent
                    Removing 9/11 from the picture shows a 300 percent increase in fatalities for the post-9/11 period (including Iraq) or an 80 percent increase (excluding Iraq) when compared with the pre-9/11 period. The comparable change with regard to incidents is 168 percent increase with Iraq and 76 percent increase without.
                    Link

These stats are about 3 years old........

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      For the sake of argument, let us move beyond ratings. Just for shits and giggles, to be honest...let's look at overall credibility: There is none via proxy in existence, on an Edward R. Murrow scale.

Honestly, Olberman spent years as a journalist, finally ending up as a bright sports announcer, while O'Reilly worked as a real reporter for ABC, before inexplicably turning into the host of a particularly nasty tabloid show. The individual backgrounds on both men suggest parallel lives, to an extent.

Yet there is the lasting element of truth that is most applicable when choosing which show to watch at 8PM(EST). And that particular truth is defined not by the manner in which it is reported, yet in the way in which it is interpreted and believed.

Therein lies the result, be it positive or bad. Perhaps either one of these guys serve as a voice one agrees with. Yet when you consider the overall picture, neither serves as an active voice of change. That voice remains within the individual, no matter how belittled it may appear at this late date.
                      Any time you can reference Edward R. Murrow in a post you get a thumbs up from me.......now that was a journalist!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Feel free to list the "proactive stance on terrosim'" that has prevented a follow on terror attack in CONUS....

Please be specific and tell us which plots were disrupted and how...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          Feel free to list the "proactive stance on terrosim'" that has prevented a follow on terror attack in CONUS....

I think through waterboarding and sleep deprivation, Bush was able to 'lern' about the 8 year-old planned attack on the L.A. 'Library Tower'..

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig

I think I agree with you on this...

Neither show is really journalism at it's best, seeing how the actual subjects of the segment are rarely participating....

With Billy you get shouting, with Olberman you get point of view speculation.

"Fuck it...WE'LL DO IT LIVE!....FUCK!"

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                              I thought we didn't have to hear this shit anymore

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NrvIAxH4ePc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NrvIAxH4ePc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He really does look like an old mobster, showing up for court too sick to do time.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                                Sniper
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Oh my Lord, some of you are so narrow minded. It doesn't take a rocket scientest to see, that by the US taking a hard proactive stance in south east asian countries and as well as the middle east, that has detured the flow and ability for terroists to coordinate and caring out any real major attacks on this country and others.

Sure there has been chatter that the FBI has followed up on, that turned out to be a non threat. But it was the coordination of the differant branches like the FBI, CIA and Home Land Security that has been running on the same page since the 911 attacks unlike how it was scattered and underfunded from what the Clinton administration had done to them, that allowed 911 to happen in the first place.

I will say this for the third time. If the USA returns to it's reactive state of mind and takes the proactive pressure off these looney thugs. It will allow them once again to coordinate and work uniterrupted in the shadows planning major attacks on this country and others.

Atleast president Obama has some backbone, unlike some of you here, and realizes exactly what i'm saying and is gonna build up more troops in Afganistan. As much as i believe that Bush somewhat took his eye off the main threat. He even stated himself that while there would be battles we would all know about. There would also be ones the general public would never know of, and those are the one's i believe have protected this country from another attack over the last seven yrs.

Let's discuss another threat, Iran. If President Obama thinks he can go and talk to these people and make them stop enriching uranium he is gonna be in for a rude awakening. I give him all the credit in the world for trying, but in the end the powers in Iran are gonna go tell him to go fuck himself.

Their only mission in life is to become nuclear and blow Isreal off the face of this planet, period. So i guess for some of you here, it will be ok to let them become nuclear, obtain the long range missles, and point them at us or whomever they feel like and have their way. These fuckers are differant than Russia and China.

Honestly, the way some of you think, i know for sure, couldn't have carried the men and for that matter the women of WWII jockstraps. There's a time and a place for that olive branch. This is not that time.

Comment

Working...