Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Combat Ready
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

Ok--let's compare sources of info here...In the interest of accuracy.

My source was the far right wing bastion of.......PBS.

You counter with media matters and proclaim that I'm wrong?

(Media Matters is an avowedly political institution, part of a group of institutions the Center for American Progress, MoveOn.org, and others that have become increasingly important in Democratic politics.)

Must be that right wing conspiracy led by PBS.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
      I think you need Rush and Ann C to fuck - nine months later you get the Antichrist...if I remember my reading properly...
      Since neither of them have a uterus, it would truly be a "miraculous conception".
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Combat Ready
        Ok--let's compare sources of info here...In the interest of accuracy.

My source was the far right wing bastion of.......PBS.

You counter with media matters and proclaim that I'm wrong?
        Actually, the Bush Admin did try to put "conservatives" into key positions at PBS in their overall effort to skew the gov't in aspects of media, science, etc...

(Media Matters is an avowedly political institution, part of a group of institutions the Center for American Progress, MoveOn.org, and others that have become increasingly important in Democratic politics.)

Must be that right wing conspiracy led by PBS.
        I don't recall your source proclaiming that Reagan had the longest peacetime expansion of the US economy. I thought those were your comments relying on the numbers provided by PBS...

In any case, while sources matter, it's the cited info. they supply that matters...Reagan did not have the biggest one ever, he was third and every economic source will tell you that...

That's respectable, but the Reagan-God is getting a bit stale these days. He was an effective leader and a conservative that came from a very different place than most of his spawn -something that for whatever reason Republicans fail to grasp. But the myth that just a few tax breaks turned around an economy that was due for an uptick is silly. No matter what he did, the US economy was almost all Bulls in the 80s with some exceptions. You can argue that this was in fact a lost opportunity to modernize and restructure as Reagan's overall philosophy was to eliminate pensions in favor of 401Ks and to decrease gov't regulation and over site, which haunts us today. You can just as easily argue that if Reagan had restructured the tax-code, there would have been no deficit.

I believe the US economy might have been in a minor depression from about 1973 to 1982 and was due for a major rebound anyways...
        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-13-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Combat Ready
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

I don't recall your source proclaiming that Reagan had the longest peacetime expansion of the US economy. I thought those were your comments relying on the numbers provided by PBS...
          Yeah, here's the link: The American Experience | Reagan | Timeline (1983 - 1985)

Comment

• Combat Ready
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2007

I believe the US economy might have been in a minor depression from about 1973 to 1982 and was due for a major rebound anyways...
            Agreed. In any event, the tax cuts were at least an added bonus. More money in taxpayer's wallets and less to the IRS is a wonderful thing...In my opinion.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Bush built a coffin for the US. Obama is nailing the lid shut. I don't know why people don't see that Obama is carrying the Bush bailout fiasco further and expanding the War on Terror into Pakistahn.

I would like Obama if he threw the bankers in jail that fucked us. Systematically got us the hell out of the Middle East. Erased the derivative debt that is so huge you can't tax enough to cover it. Him and Bush just bailed the people who fucked us out of trouble and all those billions have gone overseas and have stuck the fucked with the bill. Nice.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Bush built a coffin for the US. Obama is nailing the lid shut. I don't know why people don't see that Obama is carrying the Bush bailout fiasco further and expanding the War on Terror into Pakistahn.

I would like Obama if he threw the bankers in jail that fucked us. Systematically got us the hell out of the Middle East. Erased the derivative debt that is so huge you can't tax enough to cover it. Him and Bush just bailed the people who fucked us out of trouble and all those billions have gone overseas and have stuck the fucked with the bill. Nice.
                What would you rather have Obama do? How could he keep the lid off the "coffin?"

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

What would you rather have Obama do? How could he keep the lid off the "coffin?"
                  I believe he already explained this, Nick. He would prefer that Obama throw "the bankers in jail that fucked us," get us "the hell out of the Middle East," and erase "the derivative debt that is so huge you can't tax enough to cover it."

Easy, right?
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I wouldn't say "easy". But it's necessary. We need to end corporatism AND imperialism. And they go together like peanut butter & jelly. (and just as poisonous as some of the peanut butter was recently)
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                      I believe he already explained this, Nick. He would prefer that Obama throw "the bankers in jail that fucked us," get us "the hell out of the Middle East," and erase "the derivative debt that is so huge you can't tax enough to cover it."

Easy, right?

Shut up.

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Since neither of them have a uterus, it would truly be a "miraculous conception".
                        This morning, my rear-hatch uterine chute bebirthed one wonderous blessing: a turd gurglette I named Barry.

It looked just like our President. So I named him as such, and he had a golden glow that began to flow all 'round so I knew it was possesed - fearfully I reached for the flush handle.

Even the name of The President conjures demonic activity such as thus: this is how I can prove Obama certainly is the AntiChrist of no coincidence of nature.

But it is my own fault for christening it with a name. I blame myself...

Comment

• Combat Ready
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by GAR
                          I blame myself...
                          Agreed

Comment

Working...