X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Not that many people brew their own beer or make their own wine...
    Your Appalachian offspring do it all the time, they just call it moonshine.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by GAR
      The problems of current would have a fiscal solution, but the further problems stemming from legalization would cause far more social obligations upon the state from the incarceration, lower work productivity, and highway accidents that would far outweigh any benefit.

Pot will never be legalized and it mustn't.
      Remember that the next time you crack the cap on that bottle of stawberry-kiwi MD 20/20.

Einstein.

Comment

• Blaze
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
        sigpic

Comment

• vh rides again
          Commando
          • Dec 2006

Welcome | Drug War Facts

Annual Causes of Death in the United States
          Tobacco 435,000
          Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,000
          Alcohol 85,000
          Microbial Agents 75,000
          Toxic Agents 55,000
          Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,347
          Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000
          Suicide 30,622
          Incidents Involving Firearms 29,000
          Homicide 20,308
          Sexual Behaviors 20,000
          All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,000
          Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,600
          Marijuana 0

i dont believe the number of zero for marijuana, it cannot be good for your lungs. i just dont think any research has been done on the effects of pot smoke.

theres very little info on marijuanas effects out there.
          Last edited by vh rides again; 03-15-2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vh rides again
            Welcome | Drug War Facts

Tobacco 435,000
            Alcohol 85,000
            Microbial Agents 75,000
            Toxic Agents 55,000
            Suicide 30,622
            Homicide 20,308
            Sexual Behaviors 20,000
            Marijuana 0

i dont believe the number of zero for marijuana, it cannot be good for your lungs. i just dont think any research has been done on the effects of pot smoke.

Seems to be some overlapping in those numbers. If somebody died from an "Incident involving firearms", wouldn't it likely be either a homicide or a suicide? Sure there's the occasional drunken hunting accident, where some idiot confuses a human being in camoflauge pants and a bright orange vest for a deer, but those can't be more than one or two a year. So that would make them Alcohol related as well.

I'd also wager that a lot of the suicides and homicides would fall under "adverse reactions to Prescription drugs".
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• alicebowie
              Banned
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by vh rides again
              Welcome | Drug War Facts

Tobacco 435,000
              Alcohol 85,000
              Microbial Agents 75,000
              Toxic Agents 55,000
              Suicide 30,622
              Homicide 20,308
              Sexual Behaviors 20,000
              Marijuana 0

Inhaling smoke of any kind can't be good for you.If you've ever tried to
              keep the smell down by exhaling into a towel you've seen the residue
              that didn't stick to your lungs.Imagine how much did.Look at a bong
              and the shit that cakes up in it.Also I'm sure some stoned moron has
              pushed his luck doing something stupid and ended up dead.As far as
              an overdose , I doubt that's possible.You'd fall asleep first.I've seen
              dudes choke from eating too fast when they get the munchies.None
              of them died.Unless you're mentally unstable I don't think a pot buzz
              would cause you to want to hurt someone or yourself.As far as research
              goes it would depend on the agenda of the funder.If they are against
              pot the research will focus on proving it's bad.Same goes for those who
              want it legalized.Neither one would be unbiased.

Comment

• vh rides again
                Commando
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                Seems to be some overlapping in those numbers. If somebody died from an "Incident involving firearms", wouldn't it likely be either a homicide or a suicide? Sure there's the occasional drunken hunting accident, where some idiot confuses a human being in camoflauge pants and a bright orange vest for a deer, but those can't be more than one or two a year. So that would make them Alcohol related as well.

I'd also wager that a lot of the suicides and homicides would fall under "adverse reactions to Prescription drugs".
                probably went by the death certificate.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't think you would get "Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity" on a death certificate.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    I don't think you would get "Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity" on a death certificate.
                    Mind you, you could have some pot deaths in there... i.e. too many years of eating munchies and sitting on the couch.

I've smoked since I was 12. Wish I'd never started. Whoever says pot isn't addictive, come see me when I've gone two days without a toke - can't sleep, can't shit, and bitchier than one could ever believe.

I tried quitting once, didn't fucking sleep for 3 months. When I found myself taking sleeping pills, I decided this is fucked, and went back to smoking. Like I say, I wish I'd never started.

My ex, who some of you may remember has Parkinson's Disease, couldn't function without it.
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                      building shit is half the fun. Give me a bottle of water, a pen, foil and some tape and I'll have a water bong in no time, or a pipe. The only downside of the home-made stuff is that aluminum foil is no good for smoking, it's slightly dangerous.
                      You grow out that....
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...