X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by GAR
    85% of Americans polled, once for I think Time was it? stated they believed in Jesus.

You never hear about a foxhole atheist, however, IMO atheists are little more than rogue believers in rebellion. To function as an atheist, you're belief value has to acknowledge Jesus Christ to even function correctly because he's the very thing you've refuted.

And without anything to refute, the value is worthless. To be truly void of faith or religion, you must be totally open to the possibility God could be proven or disproven and taking a hard stance against the existing proofs given for the God is taking an opposing stance likewise that God could be disproven.

Of course, one needs to become dead in order to disprove the existence of God but sooner or later, everyone does don't they?
    This is probably the weakest argument I've ever read.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Even JC Himself would probably have to agree with Sesh on this one.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Is it atheism or rebellion against religion

I don't think there is a true church on the planet. They all have alterior motives of control and money. Even if there was an originally pure religion it wouldn't take long for it to be politicized and corrupted.

I think most people believe in some sort of universal order but the so called atheists hate organized religion. Most people believe in something whether it be Satan, Tattoos, or Jesus.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Combat Ready
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by FORD
          I never understood the point of being a Jehova's Witness.

They don't believe in Hell, so there's no eternal torment to avoid.

Best you can hope for is eternal life on earth.
          What is wrong with that?

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Combat Ready
            What is wrong with that?
            In case you hadn't noticed, this world kinda sucks lately.

Granted, if you go with the Biblical storyline, there will be a major remodel when JC comes back, but if I've got all eternity to work with, I'd rather travel around the universe for a while. The Ultimate Road Trip. Who wants to be stuck here?
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• lizzie01

Hahaha, I didn't know that you can actually spot an Atheist! Thanks for the tips Sarge! You'll never know when will it be helpful! I have a friend who is an agnostic, do you know what he looks like?

Comment

Working...