X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
    So if a guy has an affair with your wife, what are you going to do to him when you find him? Shake his hand & ask him politely to apologize and not do it again? My guess is it would be worse than the wet noodle lashes this woman received.
    Depends how big the guy is and how much I like my wife
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by binnie
      Depends how big the guy is and how much I like my wife
      ROFLMAO!

True, but anger & jealousy can make you go after a much bigger opponent.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've never understood that thinking but I guess you have to be in the position.

Surely your beef should be with your wife not the guy who owes you nothing and probably got a bullshit story from her anyway?

Why reward her shitty behavior by giving her the big ego boost of having guys fighting over her?

Better to give the guy a big hug and say thank you thank you before dancing off shouting "I'm free thank god I'm finally free!".

Even if its just an act...
        Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-09-2009, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• WACF
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

There is no doubt these archaic laws are dreamed up by frustrated men with micro weenies.

It seems the control over women stems from their insecurities about a woman knowing the difference from dude A to dude B.

Of course...you claim to be rightous and only doing God's will.

What really amazes me is the silence from the majority that claim to follow the religion of peace(yeah yeah...is there such a thing?).

On another note...this story has been brewing up the news lately.

globeandmail.com: Rape law saps support for Afghan mission, poll finds

Rape law saps support for Afghan mission, poll finds

JOAN BRYDEN

The Canadian Press

April 8, 2009 at 5:44 PM EDT

OTTAWA — Canadians' tepid support for the combat mission in Afghanistan would turn icy should the Afghan government proceed with a law allowing marital rape, a new poll suggests.

A proposed family law code for Afghanistan's Shia minority would make it illegal for women to refuse to have sex with their husbands, and would require that they get approval from a male relative to leave the house.

A survey by The Canadian Press/Harris-Decima suggests 40 per cent of Canadians support the Canadian military mission in Afghanistan. But should the family law code be enacted, the poll suggests opposition to the mission would rise to roughly 75 per cent.

Jeff Walker, senior vice-president of Harris-Decima, said that at that level of opposition, it would be difficult for the Harper government to maintain its commitment to keep combat troops in Afghanistan until 2011.

“This brings into very clear light exactly how tenuous the support is for this effort in Afghanistan,” he said.

The controversial code has been passed by Afghanistan's national assembly but has not yet been enacted. International outrage has forced the government of President Hamid Karzai to promise a review of the proposed law.

The review is expected to take two to three months and the Canadian government, among others, is demanding that the contentious clauses be removed. However, critics fear Mr. Karzai is simply postponing enactment until after his country's presidential election in August.

Even without the code controversy, Canadian support for the Afghan mission appears weak. The poll suggests 55 per cent nationwide oppose it.

Respondents were three times more likely to strongly oppose the mission (27 per cent) than strongly support it (nine per cent).

Opposition to the mission was highest in Quebec (71 per cent) while support was strongest in Alberta (55 per cent).

Mr. Walker said support for the mission is based — at least in part — on a belief that Canada is helping to improve the lot of women, whose rights had been severely restricted under the oppressive Taliban regime.

“If that's now off the table, I think it fundamentally changes the way many Canadians look at the rationale for being in Afghanistan altogether and these numbers just prove that,” he said.

Mr. Walker added that it may not even matter if the code is never enacted. The damage may have been done by the fact that Mr. Karzai, a supposed western-backed moderate, thought it was acceptable until an international outcry forced him to make a strategic retreat.

“I'm not even sure that backing off helps,” Mr. Walker said. “If it was politically expedient, [Mr. Karzai] seems like he would go there. That's not good for public support in Canada.”

The telephone survey of just over 1,000 Canadians was conducted April 2-5 and is considered accurate within 3.1 percentage points 19 times in 20.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            I've never understood that thinking but I guess you have to be in the position.

Surely your beef should be with your wife not the guy who owes you nothing and probably got a bullshit story from her anyway?

Why reward her shitty behavior by giving her the big ego boost of having guys fighting over her?

Better to give the guy a big hug and say thank you thank you before dancing off shouting "I'm free thank god I'm finally free!".

Even if its just an act...
            I agree with your thinking here. But in my experience, both personally and seeing it happen with close friends, it's usually someone you know and not some random person. I believe it is up to us to avoid fooling with married people. I've had opportunities to fool around with married women a few times over the years but declined. I know how I felt being on the other end of that, and I don't want to be "that guy".

However, when I hit dry spells, I look back and start to regret it.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

And In a Semi Half-Assed Related Story

There was a link that I can't seem to find where men in India are resorting to foeticide if the sex to be born is female. But now they're re-thinking that situation because after years of such acts it's starting to fuck up their whole population demographic: there's more men nowadays who can't get a hold of 9 year old female child brides.

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                Head Fluffer
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by swage33
                How embarassing for an arab to have such a rich and ancient history only to have most of your brothers living in conditions that we consider "third world". Where did you get your education? If its higher than 12th grade I'll wager it was from a western source. Shouldn't you be honor killing some of your female relatives? Don't forget to keep them dumb and covered first. The US in not without fault in the rift between our peoples but a huge part of this problem is your people's desire to wallow in ignorance and hate.
                You can bet anything that "Third World" is not like that...
                www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

Working...