Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Well, the Charger sells well, and the SRT4 version kicks ass, but a 4 door Charger still turns me off...

But they still need some image cars in the showroom to sell the lesser cars...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2007

Other than trucks and the Charger, what does Dodge have? The Neon is dead.

Chrysler needs a kick in the ass, but Dodge seemed to compete pretty well in the truck area.

Stylewise, they had a good thing going with the PT, underpowered as it was, it was like the american Volkswagen for a minute.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Theyn had a 2.4 turbo PT limited that was really nice, but it was in small numbers...

Killing the Neon was a terrible idea. They should have just kept on improving on it like Honda does with all of it's cars...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

That's the problem....there was nowhere to go but up with the Neon-it was sooo bad!

If you had a choice between that and a Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi or even Hyundai, it was a no-brainer.

The old days are long gone. All 3 companies made their money off of SUV's and trucks. Cars were an afterthought.

Now look at them. It's like 1973 all over again.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

I drive a Neon today and I love it...

Parts are cheap and it's fast as hell and gets over 30 mpg...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

I hope it lasts for ya. What sort of parts have you had to buy?

Define "fast"...

Comment

• Igosplut
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                No matter what Fiat does, the US will get the shitty versions.

Emission controlls will choke them out.
                Wait until the coming years. The EPA has a whole new round of stricter emission standards coming out. I'd be willing to bet it eliminates entire lines of cars because of not being able to adapt larger motors to the standards.
                Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Igosplut
                  Wait until the coming years. The EPA has a whole new round of stricter emission standards coming out. I'd be willing to bet it eliminates entire lines of cars because of not being able to adapt larger motors to the standards.
                  You're probably right....if there's anything left to eliminate by then.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I hope it lasts for ya. What sort of parts have you had to buy?

Define "fast"...
                    0-60 in 10.8 seconds is fast apparently...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

That's the problem....there was nowhere to go but up with the Neon-it was sooo bad!

If you had a choice between that and a Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi or even Hyundai, it was a no-brainer.

The old days are long gone. All 3 companies made their money off of SUV's and trucks. Cars were an afterthought.

Now look at them. It's like 1973 all over again.

The last generation Neon was pretty decent. They have problem auto trannies, but you can solve that by not being a pussy and driving the 5sp. manual...

Elvis is right, they really should have kept that because they have nothing remotely close to a small car now and that really hurt about six months to a year ago...
                      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-02-2009, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        0-60 in 10.8 seconds is fast apparently...
                        I have a Neon ACR that I bought from a doctor who installed a roll cage and raced it...

I have a 14 second timeslip from No Problem Raceway about 50 miles from here and I can beat these kids around here with their Hondas all day long...

I even beat a couple older Mustang GT's...

The part I have to change most is front tires...

But I haven't had to change any major parts. Just hub assemblies and CV shafts...

The worst part is the doctor removed the A/C and installed underdrive pulleys...

I have all the parts to reinstall the but i've been too lazy...

I'm looking to buy a used Neon SRT4 or maybe a Subaru WRX

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I've had three neons and the first one was an automatic that always made a whine that made me nervous...

I installed a trans cooler just to be safe and never had a problem...

I love Neons, I know almost everything about them and if you do the preventative maintenence by the book you should have little problems...

Also, the interiors hold up better than any car i've ever had and down south where the sun and humidity kills a car, I think that's pretty good...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Want to see what Chrysler engineering can do ??

Watch this!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t6-CADcY4KU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0 x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t6-CADcY4KU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0 x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Or this!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KIivO7u91Oo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KIivO7u91Oo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

my brother's got a super clean first-gen turbo Voyager. he hasn't modded it yet, but it's pretty fast for close to a 20 year old minivan. it's not stupid fast like my SRT-6 but he may get there one day. mine should run mid-12's with just the aftermarket cold air intake i have on it.

the ACR Neons were set up more as road course cars, weren't they?
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                I've had three neons and the first one was an automatic that always made a whine that made me nervous...

I installed a trans cooler just to be safe and never had a problem...

I love Neons, I know almost everything about them and if you do the preventative maintenence by the book you should have little problems...

Also, the interiors hold up better than any car i've ever had and down south where the sun and humidity kills a car, I think that's pretty good...

So when you say fast you mean quick..

I really hate to see Dodge/ Chrysler take a shit. I have a soft spot for them since 2 out of my first 3 cars were Plymouth and Chrysler.

Trans coolers are a great idea, as well as oil coolers if you do a lot of highway driving like I do. The Merc Sable I had 2 years ago scared me when I drove it like I normaly drive my other car when I'm running late, ang the damned tranny light came on before I reached my exit! It wouldn't have lasted, so we parted ways.

Comment

Working...