Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I'm always curious when I hear the complaints about the government taking this and that over....

Let's say for a second that this is Nov. 2008, McCain won the election, and now you continue to have a Republican in the White House with that shitstorm that your Republican predecessor left you....

OK, your turn... Just what the hell would you (McCain) have done ?? Assuming McCain didn't give TARP money, just what exactly would he have done with the banking fiasco ?? Are you just going to let GM fail ??

Seriously, because I've never heard anyone really say it, what would Republicans do differently ??
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• lesfunk
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Seriously, because I've never heard anyone really say it, what would Republicans do differently ??
      Nothing. They'd fuck us just as hard. Which is why I wonder why everyone around loves Obama so much and hates Bush. Hating Bush I understand. But loving Obama?
      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

I'm always curious when I hear the complaints about the government taking this and that over....

Let's say for a second that this is Nov. 2008, McCain won the election, and now you continue to have a Republican in the White House with that shitstorm that your Republican predecessor left you....

OK, your turn... Just what the hell would you (McCain) have done ?? Assuming McCain didn't give TARP money, just what exactly would he have done with the banking fiasco ?? Are you just going to let GM fail ??

Eh..The people posing as republicans wouldn't have done much differently auctually.

Especially McCain...and can you imagine how quickly he probably would have muzzled Palin after the election?

Palin I would have hate seeing handling that as well.

I just don't like the way the two bills were handled. TARP just seemed to be only about temporary jobs on publics works projects. Whats supposed to happen when they are done on the project within 2-3 years lets say?

And I'm uncomfortable bailing out a car company, I hate saying it, but I would have let them go under and have a better company buy up their assets and see a new north american company take it's place. And I despise saying that, as I know it employs so many people, but the piss poor management by the heads of the company ultimately led to it's downfall.
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• hambon4lif
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
          Hating Bush I understand. But loving Obama?
          I don't necessarily love Obama. I actually pity him more than anything. Who the fuck else would volunteer to be the captain of the Titanic after it hits the iceberg??

The "President Of The United States" used to be an aspiration of gleamy-eyed kids everywhere......those days are long gone.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Unchainme

And I'm uncomfortable bailing out a car company, I hate saying it, but I would have let them go under and have a better company buy up their assets and see a new north american company take it's place. And I despise saying that, as I know it employs so many people, but the piss poor management by the heads of the company ultimately led to it's downfall.
            while i completely agree with you in principal, the unemployment factor if they tanked woulda been crazy, i don't see any north american company, new or old, taking it's place. existing models woulda gained a bigger piece-o-da-pie, and sure as hell nobody keepin' the factories open here stateside.
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hambon4lif
              I don't necessarily love Obama. I actually pity him more than anything. Who the fuck else would volunteer to be the captain of the Titanic after it hits the iceberg??

The "President Of The United States" used to be an aspiration of gleamy-eyed kids everywhere......those days are long gone.
              including kids born in africa

sorry, couldn't resist.
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hey, I just found a photo of the signatures on this "historic" document......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
                    Lemmie see, First, The banking industry, Then, the Auto industry, Now the Health Care industry..... This Obama dude is a real Pip!
                    He's almost got the whole Monopoly Board covered. Now he just needs a state church.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      Hey, I just found a photo of the signatures on this "historic" document......

I do handwriting analyses and Nancy Pelosi's signature shows a person of detail and Obama's signature shows a person that likes attention and has a big ego.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        I do handwriting analyses and Nancy Pelosi's signature shows a person of detail and Obama's signature shows a person that likes attention and has a big ego.
                        and the first thing you learn when you do handwriting analyses is that you don't take them from the signature
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I know there's already a thread about this that ELVIS started, but this wonderful thread hasn't seen any action since last July....so let's add Joe's "F-bomb" at the health care bill signing....just for fun...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jM8Sux6nTnA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jM8Sux6nTnA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                          Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

And of course...the clip from last week where he tried to kill off the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen during St. Patrick's Day...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOaQeGFYysA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOaQeGFYysA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

I merged the two threads...
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I merged the two threads...
                                Thanks, VA!

Comment

Working...