Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Love
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

I'm a software developer. My company is a marketing/advertising company, though.

I think Texas wasn't hit as hard because our house prices haven't slid as much as the rest of the country (in some places property continues to appreciate, albeit very, very marginally).

I hope the rest of the country turns around but I do feel like things are going to turn and go better. Major companies aren't failing on a daily basis anymore, the banks seem to have an idea of how much money they need to remain solvent, the auto makers are finally being pushed to restructure and the issues that were freaking everyone out seem to be getting to a point where they are being addressed.

Some companies are still doing layoffs and I do think people are being more careful with their money. I don't personally think a recovery means we are going to return to where we were (that would only result in more issues all over again) but I do think it means that the worst is behind us and things will begin to improve.

I think that'll start happening by mid summer. I have no idea how long it will take.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
      I'm a software developer. My company is a marketing/advertising company, though.

I think Texas wasn't hit as hard because our house prices haven't slid as much as the rest of the country (in some places property continues to appreciate, albeit very, very marginally).

I hope the rest of the country turns around but I do feel like things are going to turn and go better. Major companies aren't failing on a daily basis anymore, the banks seem to have an idea of how much money they need to remain solvent, the auto makers are finally being pushed to restructure and the issues that were freaking everyone out seem to be getting to a point where they are being addressed.

Some companies are still doing layoffs and I do think people are being more careful with their money. I don't personally think a recovery means we are going to return to where we were (that would only result in more issues all over again) but I do think it means that the worst is behind us and things will begin to improve.

I think that'll start happening by mid summer. I have no idea how long it will take.
      I appreciate your points and agree with most of them. But your avatar is still fucking gay...

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

I probably would have changed it by now but at this point it appeals to my mildly rebellious nature.

Take that, internet surfers.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

You call that rebellious ??

That's dork, geek, preppy, gay, lame...

Anything but rebellious...

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Actually I call it sarcasm.

And I call you dense.

Comment

• mwsully
              Groupie
              • May 2004

What I'm thinking is that (and this is partially based on commentaries I've read regarding U.S. economics) any "recovery" is gong to be temporary, and never quite as high (as a measure of the Dow Jones) as it once was. It's a shame that many people in this country see the "growth" of an economy as greater and greater increase in production, without REAL management of resources.

And more importantly, the true disaster that's surely to come is major (or total) losses of natural resources via clear cutting, mountaintop removal, overfishing, water pollution/diversion, etc. The tipping point that will put us in a position of do-or-die decision-making.

It makes no sense to speak of recession without clearly looking at what we are doing to CHANGE how and how much we consume and of course how we produce. And as far as I can tell, neither in our government nor in the mindset of people do I see any major shift in line of thinking, i.e. long term planning/solutions.
              Last edited by mwsully; 05-27-2009, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                I appreciate your points and agree with most of them. But your avatar is still fucking gay...
                Now your avatar has gone from gay to really really creepy...

The sig makes me fucking giggle like a school girl though.

P.S.: Please don't send me PMs based on that comment...

Comment

• Big Train
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Any potential recovery involves us making enough money to overcome these fun numbers and then yet more to show an actual gain in wealth. Food for thought.

Comment

Working...