Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Has Palin apologized for any of the lies she told on the campaign trail?

I'm sure Obama would appreciate an apology for being accused of "palling around with terrorists," for one.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Story, BTW, what was Palin talking about with her 14 year old daughter? Bristol was at the event and is 18.
      Palin's 14 yr old, Willow was with her mother in New York at the baseball game.

The 18 yr old Bristol was not there...

I think Letterman and staff should have had open season about the governor and stayed away from the kids. Her children don't deserve the notoriety their mother brought on them...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
        Has Palin apologized for any of the lies she told on the campaign trail?

I'm sure Obama would appreciate an apology for being accused of "palling around with terrorists," for one.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          I think Letterman and staff should have had open season about the governor and stayed away from the kids. Her children don't deserve the notoriety their mother brought on them...
          Pretty much agree with you there, but since Bristol's legal and has been running her mouth in the press (preaching abstinence when she obviously couldn't keep her own legs closed), open season on her, too...
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Story, BTW, what was Palin talking about with her 14 year old daughter? Bristol was at the event and is 18.

Once again Nick you are dead wrong. Even MSNBC clearly states that it was 14 year old Willow at the game with the governor...NOT 18 year old Bristol. Please watch the clip you posted again. It shows a clip from 18 year old Bristol from a month previous. Can't just change facts mid stream to better fit the side you support.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

Well said. Badger Palin's politics and annoying peel-paint-from-concrete voice all you want but the kids should be left alone.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                Where is Obama paling around with him?

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Well said. Badger Palin's politics and annoying peel-paint-from-concrete voice all you want but the kids should be left alone.
                  Maybe, but that goes both ways. If the kids want to be left alone, then they need to stop making public appearances on talk shows.
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I don't think anyone can reasonably dispute that Ayers was (and maybe still is) a domestic terrorist. The "palling around with" is the statement I have a problem with.
                    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

In the end, this is probably good for both sides as far as publicity goes. Yesterday morning these people were the furthest things from my mind, so I guess win for all of them. How many extra viewers did Letterman pull last night? How many extra supporters will Palin gain? Just sucks for the kids involved. Can you imagine at that age having to face your friends after David Letterman cracked jokes about you? Hell, I missed school when I had a pimple that looked to bad to avoid the ridicule.

What is kinda funny here is how so far everyone's sentiment is "yeah, jokes about raping or sex with a 14 year old girl is bad...he should have joked about the 18 year old girl...that's ok." Pretty important 4 year span there it seems.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Where is Obama paling around with him?
                        Classmates.com?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Once again Nick you are dead wrong. Even MSNBC clearly states that it was 14 year old Willow at the game with the governor...NOT 18 year old Bristol. Please watch the clip you posted again. It shows a clip from 18 year old Bristol from a month previous. Can't just change facts mid stream to better fit the side you support.
                          Sorry, I misheard the quote and was working on something else as it played.

Second, who gives a fuck? The "fact" is that hardly anyone even is aware of Willow and the joke was clearly directed towards Bristol, A-Rod, and Spitzer.

As far as "poor Bristol," spare me! She's a public person going on the "keep your baby" lecture circuit and has been caught making silly, questionable comments off mic. about premarital sex being okay or something to that effect. She thusly made herself a public person and I assume is making a pretty good living for an 18 year old as no one (in the Palin) seems to mind coverage of her in the tabloids. She's no more immune to jokes than Miley Cyrus IMO..

If Letterman had shown footage of Willow, or mentioned her by name, you might have had a point. But he didn't...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Classmates.com?

Dude, if you have a link -provide it. And stop being a dick...

Secondly, I fail to see your thread condemning various things said by pundit assholes regarding Chelsea Clinton or even Obama's daughters...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

In the end, this is probably good for both sides as far as publicity goes. Yesterday morning these people were the furthest things from my mind, so I guess win for all of them. How many extra viewers did Letterman pull last night? How many extra supporters will Palin gain? Just sucks for the kids involved. Can you imagine at that age having to face your friends after David Letterman cracked jokes about you? Hell, I missed school when I had a pimple that looked to bad to avoid the ridicule.
                              Imagine the ridicule and humiliation of having a dumb fuck like that for a mother making a complete fool of herself on TV all the time.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                                I don't think anyone can reasonably dispute that Ayers was (and maybe still is) a domestic terrorist. The "palling around with" is the statement I have a problem with.

He was a domestic terrorist, albeit I think he was a fail at terrorism and was acquitted of most of the charges. He is no longer. He is in fact a distinguished academic that reformed himself and has written extensively on education reform. He has had some of his comments about his past taken out of context during various interviews and while he is not remorseful regarding his radical activities (when Obama was 8), I think he has expressed regret at the violent extremism and condemned the 9/11 terror attacks.

If you read about the 1960s (1965-1975 actually), you'll find that calling the early "Weatherman Underground" terrorists is like calling the Keystone Cops an elite SWAT unit. They were completely misguided, had no clue as most of them had avoided any sort of military training, and were no more guilty than many of that era, including the Chicago Police Dept. whose detectives outright assassinated a Black Panther like an El Salvadoran Death Squad and whose police "rioted" and attacked relatively peaceful demonstrators...

As far as Palin' around with terrorists, there is little evidence of anything more than cursory contact between Obama and Ayers, and what contact they did involved discussing reforming education in the Chicago school system as Obama probably wasn't even aware of his past...

Comment

Working...