X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WACF
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
    This is what translators are for. Grant it when non scholarly language is used, it can be a challenge to interpret.....
    Like for example at Dr. Ahmadinejad's recent press conference. The CNN translator was shabby at best, but generally the translator got the basics. Dr. Ahmadinejad was asked by translator from the CNN corespondent, what about the unrest. Dr. Ahmadinejad responded (from the translator) that after matches, for example soccer matches, crowds become unruly. Good gosh, we all know that is true. To me, I fully understood what he was saying especially with my experience in managing crowd control at high volume music venues. I understood what he spoke of even with the poor quality translator. However, CNN acted like Dr.Ahmadinejad was talking off the wall.

You don't choose. you take the results stated and interpret.
    True enough...but I like to hear it for myself.

Reason being...all of our media outlets...even the ones that would generally favour Ahmadinejad(ie: CBC)...have spoken of him as a Holocaust denier.

Now...I'll be the first the question the CBC...but it is prevelant in our media.

Just for kicks...I'll post a video of the CBC's poor reporting...or rather creative editing if I can find it.

Dr. Love was providing rumor. The same type of rumor that can be useful to one side.
    Like when I have people tell my ex about my sex... (hey a Sammy song!)
    Perhaps...but where did he hear it? Mainstream media, Blogger, over a beer?

If mainstream media is it then a rumour?

I'll call it bad reporting...or just the norm.

...and don't be giving Sammy any more song ideas...

I can tell from that statement you play chess.....
    Sir, there are always more than 2 sides in political and military strategy.
    Chess, Axis & Allies, Risk....

I see two sides...with victims on both.

Simplified...many fronts....but one strategy with a goal of winning.

Link~ or that is opinion
    This was something that was on the news quite abit...I sure there is something written.
    I catch a lot of the different national news casts...plus newsnet or the Parliamentary access channel when cooking on my days off...so alot of what I hear and see is on the idiot box.

Yes, and air has oxygen
    Yes 20.95%

simply because you choose separatism, does not mean all chooses separatism. His qualifications as a doctorate shows a dedication to a willingness of research and in-depth understanding more than who or where the sperm and egg that created him matured

Radical views... that is opinion
    That is your opinion...on my opinion.

He is qualified...he shows dedication...but it does not make him right.

I do not adhere to the belief that a person with more education than me is more qualified in everything they say.

In fact...I have proven many an Engineer wrong because they could not pry themselves away from their models and computer programs.

Some people are so smart they do not think they need a tape measure.

And I stand by being Ugandan he comes from somewhere more radical than Nova Scotia.

All the boat people...that is what us flatlanders call them...are just like us...no trust of Ottawa...strong dislike for what Quebec has done to our country...and the love of beer...

A very narrow....safe life...

Uganda...while more stable than it's neighbors...offers a harder life.

you attended his discourses? What classes have you taken of his?
    None...I am half a country away...but his reputation is far reaching.

He was big in the news months back...but some names always seem to pop up.
    Last edited by WACF; 06-16-2009, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• WACF
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

I did find something in a link...

Canadian prof's presence at Iran forum 'abhorrent': university

The news that a Canadian professor presented a paper at a conference of Holocaust skeptics in Iran has sent "shock and regret" throughout his university, the president of St. Francis Xavier University said Wednesday.

In an interview with the CBC, Sean Riley distanced the school from the climate of anti-Semitism at the conference in Iran, stressing that "anti-Semitism in particular is so abhorrent to what the university stands for."

Just a quote...but that is what you were asking for...2006...this was a little longer ago then I remembered.

On one hand I am glad I remebered this bit...but damn...that was a while ago...time flies.

EDIT:
      I was able to find this clip.

While not related to this...it is why I mistrust our national flagship publically funded news media...the Mothercorp.

Shows how a reporter can put a slant on a story and with some creative editing...back it up.
      This is the reason I do not only listen to one source...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bDw5a0_iFBk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bDw5a0_iFBk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
      Last edited by WACF; 06-16-2009, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...