Why Can’t a Better Health Care Plan Be the Next Stimulus?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • standin
    Veteran
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    People safely exercising more and eating readily available, cheaper fresh produce. How horrible!
    That would be great, IF the produce and stock had high nutritions and not hormonally altered.
    To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Jesus Christ
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Verily..... ye should eat vegetables the way We created them, and not the MonSatan variety.

Comment

• standin
        Veteran
        • Apr 2009

You know, Jesus, I should know who hits friday night evening and gets prophetical, but I forget...
        I did not know prophetical was a word. However for those that did not know either, I spelled it correct the first run~
        To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
        MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Blackflag
          Banned
          • Apr 2006

I don't think there will be either, but I wouldn't have a problem with that necessarily. I think whatever comes about should be considered over a couple of years...
          I don't have a problem with it, either. And I think this is hardly the time to be borrowing yet more money for a health care fiasco.

I'm just waiting for the meltdown when the Obama people realize what their hero really is... but some people probably never will face that reality.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vcZ9ku_wInw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vcZ9ku_wInw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
              I don't have a problem with it, either. And I think this is hardly the time to be borrowing yet more money for a health care fiasco.
              Okay. I don't disagree to a point and let me make that clear...

But just what should be borrow money for? To fund a defense, military-industrial establishment that largely develops technologies to defend us against (in the future) the Chinese we're borrowing from?

I'm just waiting for the meltdown when the Obama people realize what their hero really is... but some people probably never will face that reality.
              And why is that? So we all say we should have voted for a hypocritical semi-libertarian ex-doctor turned politician?

Comment

• Blackflag
                Banned
                • Apr 2006

Okay. I don't disagree to a point and let me make that clear...

But just what should be borrow money for? To fund a defense, military-industrial establishment that largely develops technologies to defend us against (in the future) the Chinese we're borrowing from?
                Neither. When you're nearing bankruptcy, there may be a few strategic things that you do borrow and spend on...because it will help pull you back from the brink...but it's neither of those. So I think the answer is to stop borrowing altogether right now.

And why is that? So we all say we should have voted for a hypocritical semi-libertarian ex-doctor turned politician?
                No, people can vote for whomever they like. But don't vote for another career politician corporate puppet, then tell yourself he's anything other than that. Let's keep it real. Obama=McCain. That's all I'm saying, and that's what I said during the campaign.
                Last edited by Blackflag; 07-11-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
                  Neither. When you're nearing bankruptcy, there may be a few strategic things that you do borrow and spend on...because it will help pull you back from the brink...but it's neither of those. So I think the answer is to stop borrowing altogether right now.
                  Great. Something that would result in economic chaos and would never work in such unilateral terms....

No, people can vote for whomever they like. But don't vote for another career politician corporate puppet, then tell yourself he's anything other than that. Let's keep it real. Obama=McCain. That's all I'm saying, and that's what I said during the campaign.
                  You see. That's were that argument is complete bullshit. Because I recall hearing from those on the left and the libertarian right that there was no difference between Gore and Bush or Bush and McCain in 2000.

I think the launching of a massive, under-planned fiasco in Iraq has vindicated my belief that presidents and the policies they choose are very different...

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

There's no difference between any of them except for Obama being less than half black, less than half a century of age and less than half the man Poofta Putin is...

Comment

• Blackflag
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2006

Great. Something that would result in economic chaos and would never work in such unilateral terms....
                      If you think that stopping deficit spending for a few years would result in "economic chaos," then there's no reasoning with you. Bear in mind that even if you stopped borrowing right now, it would still leave us deep in debt for years to come. That's no economic chaos, that's a solution to the problem.

You see. That's were that argument is complete bullshit. Because I recall hearing from those on the left and the libertarian right that there was no difference between Gore and Bush or Bush and McCain in 2000.

I think the launching of a massive, under-planned fiasco in Iraq has vindicated my belief that presidents and the policies they choose are very different...
                      Bush and Gore are irrelevant anymore. Today, we're talking about Obama, the current president. And he hasn't done anything so far that McCain wouldn't have done. They're both hack politicians, bought and paid for.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        No, the problem is that some of the medications cost thousands of dollars in no time...

Take Zyvox for instance, a new antibiotic to treat pneunomia and other things...it costs nearly $3000 for two weeks. Insurance won't pay for it. Who's gonna get the bill ??

Forgive him Father, for this dumbass knows not what he's talking about...

I looked this one up.

Zyvox is freely available in the UK and can be prescribed by your hospital or by your family doctor. So how come the UK can afford it but you say the US can't?

Interestingly although its obviously free to the patient for 2 weeks supply our system is only charged $1400. So either your figure is wrong or it's yet another example of people in the US getting screwed by the drug companies.

Finally a quick calculation shows that if the US had spent the Iraq war money on Zyvox then there would be enough to put you on it for 40 million years. Or enough for 2 billion courses of 2 week treatments.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I know my figure is correct. I was quoted this price by a pharmacist which required me to obtain administrative approval prior to completing the order...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Zyvox is freely available in the UK and can be prescribed by your hospital or by your family doctor. So how come the UK can afford it but you say the US can't?
                            I do not know. Artifically inflated cost ??

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              I do not know. Artifically inflated cost ??
                              Yes, and the reason WHY it's artificially inflated is because the pharmaceuticals companies can jack up the prices, knowing that the corporate insurance companies will pay it, and the corporate corrupted FDA won't regulate them.

And as long as Joe WalMart can afford his $4 co-pay for the pills, he's not going to care what the real cost of them is.... at least not until he loses his job, and then has to either pay the full price, or worse yet, develop a "Pre-existing condition" before he gets a new health care plan.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Joe Walmart ??

Comment

Working...