X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by thome
    I guess a Nuke is a good thing to have incase some freek lauches one, you can one him back, but if the whole world goes thermo. I would rather be the country that knows enough are in the air and launching ours is just wasting ammo.
    In all my years I've never even seen a realistic scenario where the UK uses her nuclear arms.

It's bizarre - I remember writing my thesis at school on Trident the first we bought it over 20 years ago and even though it makes even less sense now we are buying the $120 billion upgrade or whatever the fuck it works out at.

And still noone in government can outline a scenario where it would be useful apart from the 'well you need to plan 20 years ahead and you never know' argument.

It's a political consensus here between the parties.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by thome
      Don't fool yourself again dik WE ended it..STOP rewriting history.
      We recruited the scientist, We funded it ,Whe built the plane that launched,. should I go on....
      Well, strawdouche, how did we "end it" without four years of war? Dummy. By acting as if solely the nukes ended the War in the Pacific, you're also pissing on the graves of thousands of US soldiers, marines, sailors, and coast guardsman (asshole).

Where is your confusion....Oh yeah again it's in those fukking lies in those retarded Intellectuals..books.
      Yeah, we dontz wantz to do noz readinz, fuckwit....

Go get your welfare check, Cletus...

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

AT this point it's not 'We' at all is it?

I buried my last relative who fought in WWII a couple of months ago and he was just a kid back then. We're now at the stage where pretty much anyone that had any influence then has been dead for 20 years.

I don't believe in this 'we' shit when it gets beyond grandparent and it seems particularly silly coming from the melting pot of the USA.

Comment

• Blackflag
          Banned
          • Apr 2006

Comment

• hideyoursheep
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2007

MacArthur was a joke. Should have been replaced immediately. No more deserving of command than George W Bush deserved the presidency.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
              MacArthur was a joke. Should have been replaced immediately. No more deserving of command than George W Bush deserved the presidency.
              Although it could be argued that the most controversial Generals were the most effective, MacArthur and Patton specifically...

By the way, Doug's buried (with the wifey, although they really aren't buried, the tombs are in a sunken rotunda) about 20 miles from me in Norfolk in his Memorial/Museum... They have some really interesting exhibits there...
              Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 08-07-2009, 09:23 AM.
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                AT this point it's not 'We' at all is it?

I buried my last relative who fought in WWII a couple of months ago and he was just a kid back then. We're now at the stage where pretty much anyone that had any influence then has been dead for 20 years.

I don't believe in this 'we' shit when it gets beyond grandparent and it seems particularly silly coming from the melting pot of the USA.
                Bingo.

Patriotism has its uses, and it's pleasure. But when applied in a blanket manner it leads to a distortion of past and present that can be hugely dangerous for the future.
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Allow me to say that this is an excellent thread - thanks to Kristy, Nick D and Sesh, who have proven that people on this board can have a debate without degenerating into pointless name-calling and indolent aggression.
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                    ...people on this board can have a debate without degenerating into pointless name-calling and indolent aggression.

Shaddap, tool!!
                    Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Allow me to say that this is an excellent thread - thanks to Kristy, Nick D and Sesh, who have proven that people on this board can have a debate without degenerating into pointless name-calling and indolent aggression.
                      :confused:

Where's the fun in THAT?

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
                        You dreamed up a fantasy concept but you are talking about Pre-Emptive strikes, which I did not suggest.
                        Follow your train of thought to its only logical conclusion and that's exactly where you end up.

Don't tell me otherwise. I had eight years under your sort of thinking to know for sure.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          Although it could be argued that the most controversial Generals were the most effective, MacArthur and Patton specifically...
                          Both MacArthur and Patton were effective at times and had talent. But as a WWII "geek," I'll also say that if you've heard their names, they're probably vastly overrated and the product of a well-oiled PR machine. And Mac had a stable of talented generals such as Gen. Eichenberger (his "fireman") who were the true geniuses that turned around failing armies and made them winners, often times Mac took credit for their work literally ripping their plans out of their hands and proclaiming them his...

We can say that about Monty as well. People assume that Mac and Patton were popular with their troops (they weren't really). MacArthur was (perhaps unfairly) nicknamed "Dugout Doug" by his soldiers during the defense of the Philippines because they believed he stayed far from the lines. He didn't and did have personal courage as was wounded in WWI because of it. However, Mac also sometimes had poor judgment along with his flashes of military genius, as evidenced by his last minute alteration of the US War Plan "Orange" (defense of the Philippines and anticipated early Japanese moves) to attempt to drive the Japs back into the sea rather than immediately take his understrength, and cut off, force to Bataan. By the time he did so, his troops were fucked and running out of supplies and they could have held out for at least months longer. He also fucked up by failing to scramble aircraft after Pearl Harbor had been bombed...

The recent books by Rick Atkinson in the "Liberation Trilogy" also peg Patton as somewhat of a mental case prick that was hated for his silly policies such as forcing US troops to where semi-formal uniforms and ties into battle...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Oh, how dare you!? you worthless prick!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag

Comment

• GAR
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                                Here's a good idea - let's just fucking kill EVERYBODY on the planet, other than Americans.
                                I ratted you out to the President, at ffag@whitehouse.gov about this.

You'll be getting a phone call shortly.

Comment

Working...