X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Train
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Yea that is exactly what I think...

Don't rob the BCE....we are on to you...

There is no middle ground with you...which is why you end up a shill.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The "middle ground" here is a True Public Option, as Howard Dean has said.

That allows the people to choose. It also allows the insurance corporations to clean up their act if they want to stay in this business. If they don't do so, they cut their own damn throats.

And they know goddamn well that they won't be able to hold back the greed and do what's necessary, which is why they ordered the DICK Arm(e)y to stir up the shit and their pocket cowards like Baucus & Conrad to obstruct, obstruct, obstruct.

Single payer is what's best for the country. There's no logical reason we shouldn't go there immediately, especially since that was Harry Truman's intention 60 fucking years ago. But since the greedy douchebag corporatists have so much influence in Congress and the media, the compromise of the Public Option may be necessary.

But anything LESS than that is unacceptable, because it would amount to nothing else but another huge corporate bailout. And just like Chimpy's Wall Street bailout, this one would be for the most undeserving corrupt pieces of shit.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
        Veteran
        • May 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
        Welcome to US Politics

Welcome to politics anywhere.

A country should be managed like a business. Yet any business run like a country would fail.

Exactly why I always supported Ross Perot. But his downfall would have been a Congress refusing everything he put forward...out of pure politics!

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
          Commando
          • Mar 2004

Yeah.....but where is your proof Big Train?

Also, remember that you can't criticize Barry's plan because he doesn't have one.

Comment

• Big Train
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

My proof?

I'm criticizing Barry's people here for floating this half ass "idea" of what they want to do.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
              My proof?

I'm criticizing Barry's people here for floating this half ass "idea" of what they want to do.
              I don't mind anyone floating any idea. What I do not approve of is when you are called out if you disagree with it. Can't disagree with Obama or you're either a racist, or a plant from some extreme right wing group. But they sure were angrily disagreeing with Bush and his administration. Sounds like a bit of yelling on her part there.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJxmpTMGhU0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJxmpTMGhU0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• letsrock
                Veteran
                • Mar 2007

Spector is and always has been a joke.

A) part of the Warren commision

b) his single bullet theory.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by letsrock
                  Spector is and always has been a joke.
                  Agreed. But I'm going to give him a little credit (very little) for actually continuing with the town hall meetings knowing whats waiting for him. Sacrificial lamb? Maybe. They might just figure he's on his way out anyways. Who knows. But he is getting back out there.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                    My proof?

I was being sarcastic, sorry.

Comment

• Big Train
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

No need...so was I.

Comment

Working...