Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I've always thought so, never mind when he was railroaded out by the Bush Air National Guard fiasco....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Blackflag
      Banned
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      I've always thought so, never mind when he was railroaded out by the Bush Air National Guard fiasco....
      Railroaded? Didn't that fag get caught fabricating a document, or something like that?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        About the same time I trusted government agencies.
        That's not what you said in 2003!

Either way, I just posted it because there is a lot of conflicting information coming out now. Makes it very difficult for whoever is in charge to make the appropriate decisions. Big chance for error.

Whats the better error?

Be aggressive only to find they did not have weapons?

Be passive only to find they do have and use the weapons?
        What if they have the weapons? If they have one nuke, Israel has about 300 more. Why would they "use" said weapon? They've had chemical weapons, and probably some biologicals, and yet somehow they haven't felt compelled to use them on Jews. Just on fellow (Sunni) Muslims during the Iran-Iraq War...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
          I'm not sure what Ron Paul would do - probably ignore the whole thing. But just to be a dick, I'll similarly ask you: what do you think Obama would do about this, if he were in power? Your hero seems to be out of answers these days.
          He is in power, and we won't know for months as he isn't an impulsive dickhead like his predecessor...

Anyways, a lot of people who are more knowledgeable than me have said that the first step should be to disallow any U.S. bank, financial institution, or company from doing business with Iran, including third party countries and companies. The theory is that the country is already on the verge of revolt, and that would push it over the edge if they couldn't sell their oil or hold their cash anywhere related to the U.S. And Russia/China isn't enough to support them alone.
          Um, this is pretty much already the case...

I think that makes sense, but that's not what the oil people want.
          The oil people have virtually no access to the Iranian fields which currently languish and are underdeveloped - sort of why their economy is fucked and the reason they import refined gasoline...

Comment

• Blackflag
            Banned
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            Um, this is pretty much already the case...
            It's not currently the case at all. Look it up.

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            The oil people have virtually no access to the Iranian fields which currently languish and are underdeveloped - sort of why their economy is fucked and the reason they import refined gasoline...
            You understand Iran is currently one of the top oil exporters, right?
            Last edited by Blackflag; 09-18-2009, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Working...