Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackflag
    Banned
    • Apr 2006

That would be a really weak troll. I'm just making an observation.

Slow down and collect your thoughts. And for fuck's sake, step away from the pipe.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
      Veteran
      • May 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      I don't know about that...

I still respect and applaud the founding documents of this country, but the government seems as though they would like nothing more than to burn them in our faces...

Part of our problem today is, the majority of american idiots are idiots and have no idea what's going on, and the rest that have the slightest idea of what's going on could care less...

Coming from a guy who believes in fairy tales and an invisible man in the sky not a single person has ever seen.

Truly amazing.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

How do you know who has seen what...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
          That would be a really weak troll. I'm just making an observation.

Slow down and collect your thoughts. And for fuck's sake, step away from the pipe.
          I know it's a weak troll. Much like your thoughts and observations...

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

"Even though I do not believe we can extend coverage to those who are here illegally, I also don't simply believe we can simply ignore the fact that our immigration system is broken," Mr. Obama said Wednesday evening in a speech to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. "That's why I strongly support making sure folks who are here legally have access to affordable, quality health insurance under this plan, just like everybody else.

Mr. Obama added, "If anything, this debate underscores the necessity of passing comprehensive immigration reform and resolving the issue of 12 million undocumented people living and working in this country once and for all."

Republicans said that amounts to an amnesty, calling it a backdoor effort to make sure current illegal immigrants get health care.
            This is an area that I just got to call bullshit on... The "legal" immigration system actually works just fine. It could use a few minor improvements, but overall the system works.

The heart of the problem is enforcement or lack there of, of illegal immigration!!! If we, the US, enforced, prosecuted, and just followed the damn laws on the books... there wouldn't be 12 million fucking illegals sucking the life out of our health system, infrastructure, jobs and economy. Therefore this element wouldn't enter into the Health Care Reform debate...

You don't go revamping the manufacturing process in the auto industry every time you get a flat tire... you fix the damn tire!!
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              I have a 1979 Lamborghini. I wish they didn't enforce those.
              Cool, I was planning on having my midlife crisis next year.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

The hiring practices re: illegals aren't going to change until the penalties for being caught far outweigh the financial benefits for companies who hire them. Without substantial jail time being included in the penalties, imposing meager fines just isn't gonna deter the present practices.

As for rounding up and deporting all the illegals, while in theory it sounds great, as a practical matter it isn't realistic.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Granted the illegal problem can't be fixed quickly... but wouldn't hurt to start. There's a heck of a lot of low hanging fruit on the employment side that could easily be investigated and prosecuted.

As far as round ups... again... there's a lot of quick and easily identified areas to find illegals. Having lived in both Texas and California... it would be like fishing with dynomite in a barrel.

I just feel too many local, state and federal enforcement agencies have been looking the other way for too damn long. If there were significant enforcement... yes, there would be a temporary disruption of certain businesses... but given the current state of the economy and unemployment rates... those jobs would be quickly filled with US citizens.

Do some simple math, if you have 12 million illegals... just a 10% reduction is 1.2 million.

I don't want to hear about the impact to illegal immigrant families. They broke a law and committed a crime by sneaking in here. Boo-Fucking-Hoo if it impacts your wife, kids, grand kids, etc... If I commit a crime, get caught and have to go away... it impacts my family too. Welcome to reality and making responsible decisions in your fucking life. Tragic implications... yes, but we all face choices with consequences. Crossing that border and putting down roots has a risk... and it puts a lot on the line. Simple as that...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You've all been illegals since at least about 1777...
                    Last edited by Seshmeister; 09-21-2009, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Big Train
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Not in all of America. In California, Lousiana, Alaska, we are actually the registered owners via purchase...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

So there, Mr. Smarty Pants...

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          Granted the illegal problem can't be fixed quickly... but wouldn't hurt to start. There's a heck of a lot of low hanging fruit on the employment side that could easily be investigated and prosecuted.

As far as round ups... again... there's a lot of quick and easily identified areas to find illegals. Having lived in both Texas and California... it would be like fishing with dynomite in a barrel.

I just feel too many local, state and federal enforcement agencies have been looking the other way for too damn long. If there were significant enforcement... yes, there would be a temporary disruption of certain businesses... but given the current state of the economy and unemployment rates... those jobs would be quickly filled with US citizens.

Do some simple math, if you have 12 million illegals... just a 10% reduction is 1.2 million.

I don't want to hear about the impact to illegal immigrant families. They broke a law and committed a crime by sneaking in here. Boo-Fucking-Hoo if it impacts your wife, kids, grand kids, etc... If I commit a crime, get caught and have to go away... it impacts my family too. Welcome to reality and making responsible decisions in your fucking life. Tragic implications... yes, but we all face choices with consequences. Crossing that border and putting down roots has a risk... and it puts a lot on the line. Simple as that...
                          I do agree with the sentiments you've expressed.

A manditory national ID card system could be a way to go.

However, the idea of roadblocks and person-to-person searches...something where one has to produce papers to prove citizenship on demand by various law enforcement agencies, and the failure to produce said papers / card leading to incarceration...seems like a slippery slope down towards yet more control of the state over its population...these are things the KGB does (or did).

I mean, fuck, we're barely living in a democracy as it is, you know?
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Blackflag
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Terry
                            I do agree with the sentiments you've expressed.

A manditory national ID card system could be a way to go.

However, the idea of roadblocks and person-to-person searches...something where one has to produce papers to prove citizenship on demand by various law enforcement agencies, and the failure to produce said papers / card leading to incarceration...seems like a slippery slope down towards yet more control of the state over its population...these are things the KGB does (or did).

I mean, fuck, we're barely living in a democracy as it is, you know?
                            But mandatory stops aren't even neccessary. A friend of mine got hit by another car a few weeks ago, and the other driver didn't have a license, or insurance... and what do you think they did with him?

This problem could be solved over time, but they don't even want to try and solve it. The politicians want them to stay.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
                              But mandatory stops aren't even neccessary. A friend of mine got hit by another car a few weeks ago, and the other driver didn't have a license, or insurance... and what do you think they did with him?

This problem could be solved over time, but they don't even want to try and solve it. The politicians want them to stay.
                              And so do the corporations lobbying the politicians. Some face genuine labor shortages and need more (illegal) workers, while others just see it as a great way to subvert minimum wage laws New Deal era worker protections...

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                                Veteran
                                • May 2004

How do you know who has seen what...
                                I read the papers.....

Comment

Working...