X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    What is a "too backwoods racist hick," your momma ??
    Well, you are too backwards.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      Big baby...
      Not even for that. I got the shot only twice. Both times I got really sick and somehow ended up with bronchitis that stuck for a few months. Out of this, I found out I have asthma. Whether I had it before and that's why the bronchitis came or if the on-going bronchitis caused damage to the lung and left me with asthma, we're not sure. All I know is that I get harassed on flu shot day. I actually had to get a signed letter one year!

Flu shots are serious business in New York.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Candy Girl
        So you will be getting the vaccination then?
        But since you asked....

I was once in the US Army, and I had to go down a virtual assembly-line of shots with pressure guns up the arms like cattle. I couldn't just quit. I would have been charged under the UCMJ if I refused; so health care workers will get no sympathy from me...

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

No one should be forced to receive a vaccine to keep their job. That is simply wrong. I don't care if you consider anyone ignorant for not doing so, making something mandatory with the alternative being unemployment is pathetic.
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Candy Girl

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            But since you asked....

I was once in the US Army, and I had to go down a virtual assembly-line of shots with pressure guns up the arms like cattle. I couldn't just quit. I would have been charged under the UCMJ if I refused; so health care workers will get no sympathy from me...

Ok let's think about this logically. Where have most if not all of the flu infections come from? GENERAL PUBLIC, not the hosptials. So unless you are going be a hermit, it is most likely IF you become infected with the flu it will be from the grocery store, out shopping, etc. wherever there are groups of people. So I think forced vaccines on anyone is crazy. Do you want to be forced to take it, because the probability is much higher that you will come in contact with with someoone who is infected outside the hospital setting?

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

I will not be FORCED to take anything...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Maybe you could leave your job and set yourself up as a faith healer?

I hear the money is good...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Candy Girl
                  Ok let's think about this logically. Where have most if not all of the flu infections come from? GENERAL PUBLIC, not the hosptials. So unless you are going be a hermit, it is most likely IF you become infected with the flu it will be from the grocery store, out shopping, etc. wherever there are groups of people. So I think forced vaccines on anyone is crazy. Do you want to be forced to take it, because the probability is much higher that you will come in contact with with someoone who is infected outside the hospital setting?
                  Yes lets think about it logically. The sick people who get the flu go to health care workers for treatment and so health care workers are more exposed to the flu. Health care workers in turn are in contact with lots of vulnerable people who have other health issues which makes the flu far more likely to kill them if they get it. Finally if there is a major epidemic we need the health care workers to be at work helping people not at home sick.

It's really not rocket surgery...

Comment

• Candy Girl

Yes lets think about it logically. The sick people who get the flu go to health care workers for treatment and so health care workers are more exposed to the flu. Health care workers in turn are in contact with lots of vulnerable people who have other health issues which makes the flu far more likely to kill them if they get it. Finally if there is a major epidemic we need the health care workers to be at work helping people not at home sick.

Do not pass judgement on healthcare workers until you have been in their place. The precautions that are taken during flu season are pretty extreme, including wearing the proper protective attire and separating those patients who "might" have the flu and having them wear masks while in the ER and isolating inpatients. A grocery clerk or Walmart cashier would have much more exposure than hospital workers with nothing to protect themselves.
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-01-2009, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I work with and know many health care workers.

In fact for many years I have voluntarily gone and got a flu jab to try and minimise the chance of spreading anything to them.

Plus I don't like getting the flu so everybody wins.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

I think most people would agree that it is a good idea for health care workers to get vaccinated. The issue is whether vaccinations can be mandated as a condition of employment, which is a much more difficult question, particularly since it is not applied equally (i.e., health care workers are required to get them and no one else) and therefore may violate the equal protection clause.

I don't know where I come out on this, but it's not as clear cut as you make it out to be.
                        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Plus I don't like getting the flu so everybody wins.
                          Well, go get your swine injection...

I hope it doesn't kill you...

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Micropaleontologist Dr. Viera Scheibner conducted research into the adverse effects of adjuvants in vaccines and wrote: Squalene “contributed to the cascade of reactions called “ Gulf War syndrome. GIs developed arthritis, fibromyalgia, lymphadenopathy, rashes, photosensitive rashes, malar rashes, chronic fatigue, chronic headaches, abnormal body hair loss, non-healing skin lesions, aphthous ulcers, dizziness, weakness, memory loss, seizures, mood changes, neuropsychiatric problems, anti-thyroid effects, anaemia, elevated ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), systemic lupus erythematosus, multiple sclerosis, deadly Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Raynaud’s phenomenon with paroxysms of lack of blood in fingers and toes in fingers and toes, Sjorgren’s syndrome with blurred vision, chronic diarrhea, night sweats and low-grade fever.”

My husband had a flu shot in January and experienced swelling in his axilla that night, probably the lymph nodes. After that, he became weak and chilled all the time, with a dry cough. During the next two months, the coughing, weakness and chills persisted, and by the end of the second month he was vomiting. His doctor did several tests until one showed acute kidney failure. He was diagnosed with Goodpastures syndrome. This condition causes an abnormal amount of antibodies in the blood, causing them to attack the kidneys and lungs. The treatment is immune suppressive therapy. Isn't that ironic. It seems that the flu shot that is supposed to build up immunity caused his to work too hard and didn't know when to shut down. Needless to say, the doctors refuse to admit that the flu shot caused this. He has been unable to work, gets tired, and is at increased risk of catching a virus due to drug therapy.

I had a flu shot in November, and by December I became weak and continued to get weaker until I collapsed in my bedroom and was taken to the hospital. I was surrounded with intravenous lines, a feeding tube, bladder catheter, and tracheotomy for the ventilator. I was helpless, totally paralyzed with Guillain-Barre syndrome. I had a blood infection, pneumonia, a fever of 107.9 degrees, and blood pressure of 44 over zero. My wife was told to make arrangements for a post-mortem. I was ICU for three weeks and then transferred to a rehabilitation center. Three months later I was released to come home because I could ambulate approximately 100 feet with a walker. I continued rehabilitation as an outpatient for the next three months until I could walk with hand crutches. Today I need a cane. I was not forewarned of any possible hazard when they gave me the flu shot.

The sister of an acquaintance died suddenly two nights ago. She was in her 40s and otherwise healthy. She got a flu shot that day, came home complaining about not feeling well, and died that night. She died at home, rather suddenly, without warning. Do you know if this is an unusual coincidence or a recurring pattern?

Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neurologists over 25 deaths in America

Guillain-Barre and vaccination

If the vaccine is safe then why is it impossible to sue the company after you get neurological damage or guillian barre or any kind of paralysis?

Go inject Squalene, antifreeze, formaldehyde, and mercury into your body if you want. Does that seem smart? ever check the ingredients ?

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

besides, don't we already have a flue cure on the site?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS

Well, go get your swine injection...

I hope it doesn't kill you...
                                It won't because it's the same as the flu vaccine which is statistically safe. Did I mention that each year I make sure my little kids get it too?

Comment

Working...