• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

They have radios in Hell ??
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      They have radios in Hell ??
      Of course we do. The reception usually sucks, and most of the programming is torturous, but I'm the boss so I have a better antenna than the damned do.
      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Yeah. The Nobel Peace Prized used to be legitimate but it's become a joke. Al Gore got it for his green stance. How about someone who risked their life and fortune for peace? The world is full of such. This is just another attempt to sell the head of the United Nations Security Council and US President Barrack Obama to the world. What has he done besides expand Bush's war and Patriot Act? Not exactly peace in my book.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I think these international bankers that control The Federal Reserve, The United Nations, and have full control of the US Executive Branch think we are a bunch of dumb asses. It's obvious.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            How can people at war win this???

Still not as crazy as the ultimate stupid insanity when they gave it to Kissinger...
            No shit. The biggest visitor to the Bush White House and good buddy of Obama.

Comment

• Dr. Love
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

what exactly has he done to bring peace to the world that is more noteworthy than anyone else?
              I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Big Train
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

With the way he is running away from actual problems, he is probably in line for the Heisman as well..

Comment

• standin
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2009

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FbOWxc7Wwrg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FbOWxc7Wwrg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>
                  To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                  MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

October 9th, 2009 2:14 PM
                    Congratulations President Obama on the Nobel Peace Prize -- Now Please Earn it!

Dear President Obama,

How outstanding that you've been recognized today as a man of peace. Your swift, early pronouncements -- you will close Guantanamo, you will bring the troops home from Iraq, you want a nuclear weapon-free world, you admitted to the Iranians that we overthrew their democratically-elected president in 1953, you made that great speech to the Islamic world in Cairo, you've eliminated that useless term "The War on Terror," you've put an end to torture -- these have all made us and the rest of the world feel a bit more safe considering the disaster of the past eight years. In eight months you have done an about face and taken this country in a much more sane direction.

But...

The irony that you have been awarded this prize on the 2nd day of the ninth year of what is quickly becoming your War in Afghanistan is not lost on anyone. You are truly at a crossroads now. You can listen to the generals and expand the war (only to result in a far-too-predictable defeat) or you can declare Bush's Wars over, and bring all the troops home. Now. That's what a true man of peace would do.

There is nothing wrong with you doing what the last guy failed to do -- capture the man or men responsible for the mass murder of 3,000 people on 9/11. BUT YOU CANNOT DO THAT WITH TANKS AND TROOPS. You are pursuing a criminal, not an army. You do not use a stick of dynamite to get rid of a mouse.

The Taliban is another matter. That is a problem for the people of Afghanistan to resolve -- just as we did in 1776, the French did in 1789, the Cubans did in 1959, the Nicaraguans did in 1979 and the people of East Berlin did in 1989. One thing is certain through all revolutions by people who wish to be free -- they ultimately have to bring about that freedom themselves. Others can be supportive, but freedom can not be delivered from the front seat of someone else's Humvee.

You have to end our involvement in Afghanistan now. If you don't, you'll have no choice but to return the prize to Oslo.

Yours,
                    Michael Moore
                    MMFlint@aol.com
                    MichaelMoore.com

P.S. Your opposition has spent the morning attacking you for bringing such good will to this country. Why do they hate America so much? I get the feeling that if you found the cure for cancer this afternoon they'd be denouncing you for destroying free enterprise because cancer centers would have to close. There are those who say you've done nothing yet to deserve this award. As far as I'm concerned, the very fact that you've offered to walk into the minefield of hate and try to undo the irreparable damage the last president did is not only appreciated by me and millions of others, it is also an act of true bravery. That's why you got the prize. The whole world is depending on the U.S. -- and you -- to literally save this planet. Let's not let them down.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                      what exactly has he done to bring peace to the world that is more noteworthy than anyone else?
                      Simply by not being George Dumbya. Bush, my boy...

But yeah, that's a low bar to hurdle...

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Funny, but the nomination deadline was February 1st. How many days had he been in office when nominated? 10? Must have been a very productive 10 days.

Keep in mind, this assumes his nomination came in at the deadline...and not days, weeks, or even months prior.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

I should get the Nobel Prize for medicine. I WANT a cure for cancer, and I'M GOING to get to work on that. But for now, I will just TALK about how much I want it. As long as I can deliver my message from a well read SPEECH.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• standin
                            Veteran
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by sadaist
                            Funny, but the nomination deadline was February 1st. How many days had he been in office when nominated? 10? Must have been a very productive 10 days.

Keep in mind, this assumes his nomination came in at the deadline...and not days, weeks, or even months prior.
                            Obama existed before he was elected as POTUS.
                            To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                            MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                              I should get the Nobel Prize for medicine. I WANT a cure for cancer, and I'M GOING to get to work on that. But for now, I will just TALK about how much I want it. As long as I can deliver my message from a well read SPEECH.
                              Sure, as soon as you're actually in a postition to DO something about a cure for cancer.

You really aren't comparing yourself to the President of the United States, are you?
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Big Train
                                Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                October 9th, 2009 2:14 PM
                                Congratulations President Obama on the Nobel Peace Prize -- Now Please Earn it! Yes, please...

Dear President Obama,

There is nothing wrong with you doing what the last guy failed to do -- capture the man or men responsible for the mass murder of 3,000 people on 9/11. Is there ANY evidence that he is doing any of that?

The Taliban is another matter. That is a problem for the people of Afghanistan to resolve -- just as we did in 1776, the French did in 1789, the Cubans did in 1959, the Nicaraguans did in 1979 and the people of East Berlin did in 1989. One thing is certain through all revolutions by people who wish to be free -- they ultimately have to bring about that freedom themselves. Others can be supportive, but freedom can not be delivered from the front seat of someone else's Humvee.

Wow, a bleeding heart advocating leaving a people to fight for themselves, when they cannot. Irony..

Yours,
                                Michael Moore
                                MMFlint@aol.com
                                MichaelMoore.com

P.S. Your opposition has spent the morning attacking you for bringing such good will to this country. Why do they hate America so much? (We hate when people get awards for clearly doing nothing). I get the feeling that if you found the cure for cancer this afternoon they'd be denouncing you for destroying free enterprise because cancer centers would have to close. (No, we would be cheering because he would have actually have accomplished something, anything) There are those who say you've done nothing yet to deserve this award. Yes, Barack Obama himself...

As far as I'm concerned, the very fact that you've offered to walk into the minefield of hate and try to undo the irreparable damage the last president did is not only appreciated by me and millions of others, it is also an act of true bravery (So therefore..Hillary Clinton, Fred Thompson, John McCain, Bill Richardson, John Edwards, Rudy Guiliani, Mitt Romney and Ron Paul should all share this, as they were equally prepared to do the same) . That's why you got the prize. The whole world is depending on the U.S. -- and you -- to literally save this planet (Cmon, Captain America...the Legion of Doom is winning, we need you now more than ever!! My Carbon emissions alone promoting my new movie is enough to kill Kansas..). Let's not let them down.
                                So is this blowhard going to write an open letter everytime Barack does(n't) do something, on every issue. Then throw the "moral" cold water on the situation, all while still remaining a huge hypocrite? Probably...keeps the box office up I suppose.
                                Last edited by Big Train; 10-09-2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...