Clear All
  • Dr. Love
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

These charts are misleading. Look at the column headers:

Estimated Change in Jobs Through December 2010

vs

Actual Change in Jobs Through September 2009

I'm fine comparing the numbers, but it should be the estimate for 9/09 vs actuals by 9/09. Comparing them in this way is very misleading and disingenuous.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Big Train
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I can see that argument to a point...it should be apples to apples.

But these numbers DO show that we aren't even on PACE to maintain the original forecasted projections.

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

I agree. But I think it paints a more dire picture than may be the case (right now) and the situation in a year could be quite different (I hope)
        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• thome
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Mar 2005

It is exactly as I said, a whole bunch of people who, would have a very hard time coming up with 4500.00 went and put a "Free 4500.00" down on a car they couln't -Normally- afford and soon they will all be served warrants for thier arrest for default, and thier "New Car" will be towed and the dealer will sell it a again............... EVERYBODY WINS!!!!!!!

Except for all the assholes who gave up thier working free paid off car that had probably a 45.00 per year property tax.......

But, Obama said it was cool man!

And -The Front- Guys said it was cool man!

A perfect lesson of how Douchmo'conts and the Liberals FUKK the ignorant and poor, all the while under the guise of helping them.

By giving false baseless bandaid cures that are hollow and achieve nothing.

Obama Quote...."The Goverment can't turn a profit we lost all your money now we need your help.......here is a fake 4500K for every dime you have".

Ok I made that quote up ...ooops actually I told it in what he really sais.

You know for the retards.

Comment

• standin
            Veteran
            • Apr 2009

Oh, fuck off thome!
            To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
            MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• thome
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by standin
              Oh, fuck off thome!

Are you stalking me, did I just see you drive by my trailor in a..... BRAND!!! NEW!!! CAR!!!........... Thatssssssssssss''' RIGHT BOB!!! it's a new Ford Focus, and It still has the temorary tag on it two months over due..

Comment

• standin
                Veteran
                • Apr 2009

Oh fuck off, I don't even own a car.
                They do not come with drivers, what am I to do with a car?
                To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Not surprising, of course.

Prior to Obama being elected, I do recall word that, stimulus or no, jobs were still going to be lost.

Point of the matter was the keep our economy functioning at a bare minimum and keep us all from going down the toilet as a country...
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob

Prior to Obama being elected, I do recall word that, stimulus or no, jobs were still going to be lost.

Point of the matter was the keep our economy functioning at a bare minimum and keep us all from going down the toilet as a country...

So what scenario do you envision had the stimulus not gone through?
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• thome
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bueno bob

It generated what close to 400 Million..?

I don't even know??? so this comment is bogus...but whatever....

That is supposed to balance the 400 Billion they gave the Auto Industry..?

Who are all defaulting on thier loan payments..ready to file the bancruptcy ....they put off on purpose, so the could collect that bail out money and then claim the chapter 8 as they planned all along..

And you all thought they were stupid...

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thome
                        And you all thought they were stupid...
                        No thome, not all of 'em...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
                          So what scenario do you envision had the stimulus not gone through?
                          Unimaginable chaos. Had the banks been allowed to crash, there would have been a snowballing of one business after another, and it would have had worldwide implications.....
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                            Unimaginable chaos. Had the banks been allowed to crash, there would have been a snowballing of one business after another, and it would have had worldwide implications.....

You're talking bailout, I'm talking stimulus. Both of which I disagreed with. Would things have been worse? Possibly. But I don't buy the doom & gloom that was served up to us. The weak fail & the strong eat up the pieces. We propped up the weak...temporarily. And now we still have them running, destined to fail again.

I honestly do not believe that the stimulus bill has made the last 7 months much different than they would have been without it. Unemployment has continued to rise, housing prices have continued to drop, foreclosures keep happening. The stimulus was just a payoff to everyone in congress to get all of their pet projects done and pay their markers.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                              Commando
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                              Maybe you're right, but now you have a government czar taking control of private sector salaries. The trickle down effect of this over time carries serious implications too. I heard Barney Frank mouthing off his support of government control over private sector salaries, claiming that tarp money would be taken back. From what I understand the banks did try to give money back and the government would not accept it. WTF!

Comment

• standin
                                Veteran
                                • Apr 2009

The fact is our economy is our biggest global threat and weakness at the same time.
                                The global, national, and local infrastructure of our economy, though horribly flawed as it is now with corruption and despondency, can be used against us or for us. An hostile or non-hostile economic take-over is not going to be set aside simply because we believe we can manage to make it through. If we screw with the global economy too much, we are as liable as any other nation and other nations know this.
                                MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

Working...