• Big Train
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

He lost me right at number one.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

You think that people should be evicted?
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I know two things Michael Moore can do:

1) Bathe

2) Go on a diet
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Elvis, something like 90% of the potential power is lost in an internal combustion engine IIRC...
          That's BS!

Prove it!!!

I'm educated in automobile mechanics and i'm also into drag racing and engine performance. Let's hear your crazy ideas...

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

The US needs to go back to it's roots. That is being a Constitutional Republic based on individual rights. Not a corporate fascist empire which it is now.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

And, i'm quite sure Igo will back me up in any argument regarding gasoline power...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I guess all the people making jokes about Moore's weight must have missed this part....

Eat fruits and vegetables and cut down on anything that has sugar, high fructose corn syrup, white flour or too much sodium (salt) in it (and, as Michael Pollan says, "Eat (real) food, not too much, mostly plants").
                Sounds like he's working on it.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Doesn't look like it...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Actually we have the technology to get off of oil. NASA uses it all the time in the space program. The thing is those who own our politicians will lose a ton of money and power if we use the current technology the govt. sits on. Monsanto manufactures small devices that put out as much as two killawatts of power. These devices have been used in deep space probes since the 1970's. Each house could have one. Smaller ones could be used in cars. There would be no need for powerlines. The technology is solid state based and was developed in the 1960's. No it's not nuclear power.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

There is no need to get off of oil...

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        Doesn't look like it...
                        Takes time to undo all that damage. Believe me, I know that of which I speak.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

People are trying to get this technology out but if you go to a venture capatalist or financial institution for financing, they end up taking it over and they sit on the technology. Also people have been killed and threatened. People are starting to really get fed up with the current world situation and it's obvious there is a group of wealthy/powerful people trying to keep us locked down into THEIR system that THEY control. Alternative energy that is affordable and works crushes their control.

It has been discussed turning this technology out for free like share ware software and have people develop it themselves. Of course unless this is wide spread the powers that be will stomp the fire out again. The money and governments are not on the side of the people on this.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Good!

I pray and wish you all the best, FORD!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              There is no need to get off of oil...
                              If you like using a fuel controlled by a cartel and pollutes, go ahead and use your oil. Oil is best used as a chemical base instead of wasting what's left to burn as fuel. There will always be oil but it will get harder and more expensive to get at.

I live in an oil rich state. All of our oil comes from Wyoming but we still have to pay the world market price. Oil should be pennies here but we pay what the world market will bare. But our oil exports pay our taxes so no state income tax here.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                                He lost me right at number one.
                                Same.

Originally posted by binnie
                                You think that people should be evicted?
                                Some. It's completely wrong for someone who purchased a home for $500,000 to have a government forced mortgage restructure so that they only owe $200,000. Someone is losing $300,000 unfairly. Yeah, I know...the big mean mortgage company that forced them to buy the house at hat price. But what if the mortgage company is actually one of the honest ones? They loaned the $500k to buy the property for the new owners and allow them to make monthly payments for 30 years. They should lose 50% of what they paid out because the people bought more house than they could afford? Because people lost their jobs? Because the house declined in value?

Think of it Binnie. You agree to sell me a guitar for $500 and I'll pay you $10 per month. I lose my job through no fault of yours, and the market for guitars drops drastically. Now the government comes in and says "Binnie, Sadaist now only owes you $200 for that guitar and you can only charge him $4 per month. And you have to forget that he hasn't paid you in the last 12 months. And you're not allowed to repo your guitar."

In a normal world, I would give back the guitar, get a new job, and hopefully save up money to be able to buy it or another later down the road when I can afford it. Until then I'll go back to playing my beater guitar. Yeah, it sucks to go backwards, but that happens all the time in life.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...