Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

If Somebody can prove that PRAYING for someone to die WORKS I'll denounce it.
    after I try it first....
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Big Train
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
      Maybe, but I don't recall religious groups advocating praying for his death...and further don't recall dems standing up to denounce it...
      Most of those anti-bush types were also "former catholics" so it wasn't like there was really a group of like minded people to join. I don't think the group thing makes it any better or worse.

Thinking it, at the individual level, is the real concern.

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
        after I try it first....
        You wouldn't agree starting a campaign to pray for a President's death is at the very least despicable and in extremely poor taste?

Pretty worthy of denunciation already.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
          after I try it first....
          Merely praying isn't the proper context here though. As Frank Schaefer pointed out in the video above, a lot of these Old Testament types thought that a "righteous" man had permission from God to kill someone they considered "evil".

That is exactly the rationalization that the murderer Scott Roeder used when he shot Dr. Tiller point blank in the man's own fucking church, surrounded by witnesses. It's the rationalization used by ordained minister Paul Hill when he shot up a clinic in Florida and didn't really give a shit who he killed in the process.

It's no different than terrorism committed in the name of Allah.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
            You could make the very same argument against the DNC and replace the names with Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews, The Daily KOS, Michael Moore, Acorn, AIPAC.

They aren't standing in the streets much nowadays, but they are using all sorts of media to make roughly the same fringe agenda.
            That's a fucking crock. None of the above have ever called for the death of ANYBODY, with the exception of AIPAC, and I don't know how they fit in this list, since they are neither Liberal nor Democratic, but are a lobby for the Israeli right wing.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

What about Acorn ??

last I checked, they were pretty corrupt...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                What about Acorn ??

last I checked, they were pretty corrupt...
                Actually, they're not. But what the fuck does that have to do with praying for a Presidential assassination?
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Big Train
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Well, one COULD make the argument that pro-abortion types in the DNC have called for the murder of numerous babies...just saying, it's as out there as saying Republicans are CALLING for murder here.

AIPAC has some of the BIGGEST donors to the democractic party (i.e. Saban for example. He owns the Clintons). Look it up.

I'm not defending them advocating death in the least, I'm just saying these fringe elements run the Dem party in equal measure as the accusations you throw at Republicans being run by Christian Conservatives.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Yep...

Comment

• WACF
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

No doubt there are wack jobs on either side of the political spectrum...

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Wrong.

Well, one COULD make the argument that pro-abortion types in the DNC have called for the murder of numerous babies...just saying
                        No, you COULDN'T. They haven't called for anyone to go into a maternity ward and shoot up actual BABIES. Way to reach.

And if they did, people would denounce it.
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Big Train
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Way to reach yourself. Who in the Republican party, member or leader, is ENDORSING this shirt or death of the president ? Do tell..

Some people believe abortion clinics are killing ACTUAL BABIES..

Comment

• lesfunk
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                            You wouldn't agree starting a campaign to pray for a President's death is at the very least despicable and in extremely poor taste?

Pretty worthy of denunciation already.
                            To be honest, yes it's is in poor taste, but like I said before, It only hurts the "Campaigners" by showing what idiots they are.

Comment

• lesfunk
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

You mean they're not? What are they killing? Imaginary Babies?

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Way to reach yourself. Who in the Republican party, member or leader, is ENDORSING this shirt or death of the president ? Do tell..
                                They are complicit in their silence. These factions are claiming to be aligned with the Rethuglicans, where's their outrage in being lumped with these psychos? WHY wouldn't they immediately attempt to distance themselves? Probably the same place their logic was when those assembled didn't denounce the Nazi "Pile of bodies" poster two feet away from them at batshit Michelle Bachman's rally...

Some people think they can make policy to force their opinions on the rest of us...
                                I don't, sorry. When a fetus leaves the womb and can breath on its own, then I'm totally with ya. And I've already stated I'm against late-term abortions except in the case of saving the life of the mother, so don't go there...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...