The NEw Michael Moore Book Is A Piece Of Crap..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I watched "Bowling For Columbine" a few weeks ago...a few things that stood out to me...

1) He really sucker-punched Chuck Heston. He set Chuck at ease by showing him his NRA card, then slammed him over the head...it reminded me of a really good crank phone call by one of Howard Stern's cronies...

2) That animated history of the USA...oh my god what a fucking crock of shit!

3) The part that I thought was the most compelling was the interview with Marlyn Manson, where Manson describes our culture as "fear and consumption" that was spot-on. We watch the 6 o'clock news to find out the next thing that will give us cancer, and they show commercials in-between fear segments to sell us the latest consumables...
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Catfish

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
      it's on my campus' best seller list. the kids can't get enough of this guy and they believe every word he says. The worship the dude.

That’s because he dumbs everything down into remedial literature and paint-by-numbers mockumentaries for sheep to gobble up.

The man is a twat.

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
        My mom gave it to me.

What the fuck?!

Then you should have kicked your mom's ass for giving you that book! Just kidding.

Comment

• rustoffa
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
          That’s because he dumbs everything down into remedial literature and paint-by-numbers mockumentaries for sheep to gobble up.

The man is a twat.
          Exactly...fucking vapid opportunist.I guess having to wash oneself with a rag
          on the end of a stick takes it's toll on journalistic integrity.He was on
          oprah-fucking-winfrey for petes sake.
          Last edited by rustoffa; 01-22-2004, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish

The man is a twat.
            Yep. Damn good way of putting it.
            “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...