Time's Up!!! OK Obama, no more blaming Bush!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

The problem with Obamas first year was that he did what he thought was best for the country....and not what the country thought was best. He knew what we needed better than we did. He focused all his energy on making really good promises, making friends around the globe, and getting his health care agenda passed. Instead, he should have concentrated on unemployment, home foreclosures & war. He just said that "2010 our primary focus is going to be jobs". That's great, but we really needed that from the get go.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
      The problem with Obamas first year was that he did what he thought was best for the country....and not what the country thought was best. He knew what we needed better than we did. He focused all his energy on making really good promises, making friends around the globe, and getting his health care agenda passed. Instead, he should have concentrated on unemployment, home foreclosures & war. He just said that "2010 our primary focus is going to be jobs". That's great, but we really needed that from the get go.
      Well, the "making friends around the globe" part was certainly important, given what Chimp and Cheney had done to this country. Health care should have been tied in with the jobs and the economy - by taking a serious look at all the countries who are NOT having the economic troubles we are, and figuring out why that's the case (health care is a big part of it) Instead, the douchebag DLC'ers in Congress allowed it to morph into a bailout of the criminal insurance industry.

As for the wars..... the only reasonable thing to do is end them, and pull the plug on the BCE's bullshit "war on terra" narrative. Bin Laden is dead, and nobody believes the guy with his dick on fire was a serious threat to anybody.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Blackflag
        Banned
        • Apr 2006

The problem with Obamas first year was that he did what he thought was best for the country....and not what the country thought was best. He knew what we needed better than we did.
        I was going to say he did what he thought was best for Wall Street. I guess it was just a coincidence that all those banks were his largest campaign donors. The guy is just a drone for big business and special interests. 4 years of nothing. Then people will get a new drone they think will bring change and save the world. Maybe Howard Dean or Sarah Palin will be different. Sure.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The problem with Obamas first year was that he did what he thought was best for the country.....
          Oh. How silly of him...

Damn you Obama! Damn you all to HEEELLLLL!!!!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
            Don't encourage him, I'm not sure we can stand another assault of those "debate skills" of his.
            Yes, BBB is truly a master-debater...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
              I was going to say he did what he thought was best for Wall Street. I guess it was just a coincidence that all those banks were his largest campaign donors....
              You mean like the populist banking reform legislation that sent Wall St. plummeting lately, Sherlock?

Comment

• thome
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Oh. How silly of him...

Damn you Obama! Damn you all to HEEELLLLL!!!!!!

I am also pissed that he took what was left of our reserves and also borrowed aginst our future and gave those trillions to the guys who make the things that burn the fuels that pollute the world that give you reasons to post global warming threads.

We finally agree!

Or didn't you realize that all the while you were backing the stimulous package ?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by thome
                  I am also pissed that he took what was left of our reserves and also borrowed aginst our future and gave those trillions to the guys who make the things that burn the fuels that pollute the world that give you reasons to post global warming threads.

We finally agree!
                  LOL "Borrowed our future?" The Republicans have been doing that for the last decade! They've been borrowing from the CHINESE to fund a military industrial complex largely to defend against and menace the CHINESE!!!!

How much fucking sense did that make?

Or didn't you realize that all the while you were backing the stimulous package ?
                  Chump, the "stimulous" began with Bush. And yes, I agreed partially with the stimulus and so has nearly every economist as it helped stabilize the U.S. economy and prevented a more serious economic depression...

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                    Commando
                    • May 2004

Well, unless you are a fan of the fact that The Prez is continuing the shrinkage of the private sector and the growth, expansion and intrusion of big government into our lives, he really isn't fixing anything. He is just making it worse.

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by standin
                      Dr. Love, your siggy picture is the weirdest thing.
                      If you were an American you'd know that's a merge of a Star Trek villain searching for the crew of the Enterprise, but finding Waldo in a Where's Waldo poster.

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

LOL "Borrowed our future?" The Republicans have been doing that for the last decade! They've been borrowing from the CHINESE to fund a military industrial complex largely to defend against and menace the CHINESE!!!!

How much fucking sense did that make?

Chump, the "stimulous" began with Bush. And yes, I agreed partially with the stimulus and so has nearly every economist as it helped stabilize the U.S. economy and prevented a more serious economic depression...
                        The stimulus began the moment the Dems controlled Congress in majority, get it right.

In one year Obama tripled the national debt. Not Bush, Obama and his Dems voted for that. And they wanna do it again in the next couple weeks, so get your BooshSaytan placards handy for that one.

How about this: ask your guy about his "no lobbyists" rule now that he's got over 60 in his cabinet? Or ask him when that's gonna stop.. no time soon's my guess.

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                          Listen ShortBus, try reading it all again. You may possibly even understand it.
                          Obama is still blaming Bush for this country's economic woes when he's still spending money like a sailor in a whore-house on payday.

Man-up Barry, you wanted the job; you promised change, supposedly for the better...now quit whining and fix it!!!

Oh trust me, I got the point quite well. The same empty headed vapid points every other dittohead has...our entertainers say so, so it must be so and fuck all rationality along the way.

Unless you actually HAVE a deeper point which you've done us the favor of not extrapolating on thus far. I'm inclined to doubt that you do, based on your apparent lack of reason, sensibility and the go-nowhere saber rattling "I'M ANGRY AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!" bullshit of a spam/post.

On the plus side, I actually lowered my standards and deigned to respond to such retarded drivel, so I guess you must have done something right; I guess you have that much to be pleased about.
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                            The stimulus began the moment the Dems controlled Congress in majority, get it right.
                            And was going to happen no matter WHO got elected, since there really was no alternative.

Get it right.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                              If you were an American you'd know that's a merge of a Star Trek villain searching for the crew of the Enterprise, but finding Waldo in a Where's Waldo poster.
                              That wasn't his original signature at the time it got posted, numb nuts. It was the dog dragging his ass across the carpet. Being "an American!" has fuckall to do with it, other than in your own limited mentality. I mean, unless you've got some fucking brilliant idea that only folks in the U.S. know anything about Star Trek.

The ass dragging reminded me of you, actually. Glad to see you showed up to drag your own ass across this thread.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Blackflag
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2006

You mean like the populist banking reform legislation that sent Wall St. plummeting lately, Sherlock?
                                Wow, that's wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to start.

- A 5% drop after a 50% run is not "plummeting."

- The 5% drop has nothing to do with the proposed "reform." There's not even legislation yet to be concerned about. It started with China pulling back lending, the debt worries of european countries (Greece, Spain, etc.), our shitty unemployment number last week, and a natural pullback. Reform, whatever.

- The "reform" that's being discussed is a joke. It's nothing for the banks to be concerned about, and it wouldn't even touch most of the places that got the tarp money. In fact, didn't Goldman Sachs cry last week that a whole 10% of their business would be subject to the reform? Wow, 10%, cry for me. 90% unchanged.

- The "reform" is being discussed in Congress. Not by Obama.

- In a broader sense, are you really arguing that after flat-out giving these entities $500+ billion in cash, that this reform (that is nowhere near legislation) is these politicians showing these banks who's boss? It proves Obama and Congress is not beholden to them? Come on. You can't say that with a straight face.

So, I'm sorry, I don't understand what point you're trying to make. Wall Street owns Obama. Period. Look at the top donors to his campaign and look at who he gave billions of dollars to. You've already established yourself as an Obama apologist, so nobody can take you seriously on this topic.

Did you say "populist?" Yeah, the government is really "populist" right now.
                                Last edited by Blackflag; 02-07-2010, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...