• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
    ...or in Gar's case, the library

Data mining is the fastest growing thing, as far as tracking your daily habits.

Ever notice on Yahoo that the ads are specific to whatever part of the country you are from. If you have a Yahoo email account and are signed in it'll give you adverts from, in my case Colorado Springs.

They know exactly what you do daily and anyone wanting to track you, would be child's play.

The big question is.....do you think you're so special that the government would waste the time looking into your life? It's not the government I'm worried about it's the advertising companies that buy and sell your information. It's fucking annoying.
    Yeah there are a lot of battles about that at the moment. It may be you end up having to choose a more expensive ISP to avoid being snooped by advertisers.

I don't use store loyalty cards for the same reason.

It's funny that BBB is worried about 'the government' scanning his dog when all this is going on.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
      basically hide from electronics tho i still do not own a cell phone.
      You'll need to stay away from money as well, at least according to the foil-hat brigade. Those plastic strips embedded in bills are not anti-counterfeiting measures, they are really a tracking device. This way, the government can tell how much money you have on you when you walk through a scanner of some sort. So in response, people started microwaving their money.

I'm not kidding. Here's the story, from SNOPES. It's amazing the crap some people come up with.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister

I spent most of my teenage years saying 'Sorry I didn't realise the time' and 'There were no payphones there'.
        i still get to use those excuses
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's actually government we need to protect us from this shit not government that is problem.

Say you are a woman who goes for a management position and they hire a company to get your loyalty card details which show you are buying folic acid. They could infer you are thinking about getting pregnant soon and not employ you.

A bit more serious than your fucking dog's rights to a private life...

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Yeah there are a lot of battles about that at the moment. It may be you end up having to choose a more expensive ISP to avoid being snooped by advertisers.

I don't use store loyalty cards for the same reason.

It's funny that BBB is worried about 'the government' scanning his dog when all this is going on.
            There is a ton of abuse and the potential for a lot more, in regards to gathering, using and selling your information. It's funny how here in The States, people don't even bat an eye when asked for their Social Security number. People give it out or use it as their identifying number for a ton of things that really aren't necessary.

You'll see the intrusion of your daily habits by advertising companies before you'll see it from the government.

I have chipped my dogs, too.....nine iron It works great if you lose 'em and if the government wants to track where my dog shits and pisses, I'd be all for it. I hate when people don't pick up after their dogs
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Funny, but not surprising...

Consider the source...the myopic, intellectually challenged source.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                You'll need to stay away from money as well, at least according to the foil-hat brigade. Those plastic strips embedded in bills are not anti-counterfeiting measures, they are really a tracking device. This way, the government can tell how much money you have on you when you walk through a scanner of some sort. So in response, people started microwaving their money.

I'm not kidding. Here's the story, from SNOPES. It's amazing the crap some people come up with.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

What's a "Bign" government?

Comment

• Blackflag
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2006

I think "Bign's" used to be a magazine.

Brian, why look to dogs? If you want to see big brother in the UK, just look at the DNA database.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The UK government doesn't have my DNA but the US government has my fingerprints.

Go figure...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

you've slung no dna at a government location?

me neither
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

sorry, running back to non

Comment

• Little Texan
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I think this is Bign Brother...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                              that is indeed my reasoning. they are very much like a leash/tracking device for some people. the wife has one and it is convenient for emergencies, etc. no big brother complex involved.
                              Just make sure you never put one in a microwave.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4jpAI0o79kw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4jpAI0o79kw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
                                I think "Bign's" used to be a magazine.

Brian, why look to dogs? If you want to see big brother in the UK, just look at the DNA database.
                                <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7C3RrvZMx-M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7C3RrvZMx-M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

Working...