X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    I'm not saying all doctors and nurses should do a stint as a teacher in a medical or nursing school. I'm saying make it more lucrative to teach. Nurses instructing in nursing schools make on average $21,000 less per year than nurses in a hospital or a doctor's office.
    Neither am I.....hey, I'm all for people making a buck and after years of busting your ass in college, you should make money but like you're saying, if you could entice more medical professionals into teaching positions then we have to do it.
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

I'm not saying all doctors and nurses should do a stint as a teacher in a medical or nursing school. I'm saying make it more lucrative to teach. Nurses instructing in nursing schools make on average $21,000 less per year than nurses in a hospital or a doctor's office.
      well sure, that makes sense, they aren't physically workin' on people or runnin' around tryin' to keep hospital working. and from $80k to $59k ist still not to shabby. don't armed service members receive a higher "combat" pay than if they are idle stateside?
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

The U.S. has 352,908 primary-care doctors now, and the college association estimates that 45,000 more will be needed by 2020. But the number of medical-school students entering family medicine fell more than a quarter between 2002 and 2007.

And it wasn't like the AMA didn't see this coming. Back in the late 80/early 90's they knew there was going to be an increased burden on the health care system due to an aging baby boomer population unsure of their health benefits or that they would have any by the time of their retirement. The other side to this is the shortage of qualified doctors is on the decrease not due to the lack of medical schools but to the system itself where not only are fresh residents are in tremendous debt for their education but pay high fees of malpractice insurance before they can even be considered for Board certification; their liability premiums are through the roof causing them to abandon what they consider "high risk" procedures or patients (most of them women). Hippocratic Oath(s) aside, many do become doctors for the money and not for the general sociability of "helping people." So where is the incentive to become one when you can just as easily attend law school and place a civil suit against a M.D. and make yourself some real money, eh?

Like I said, the whole US health care system is a monster at a BDSM club abusing people and asking to be abused itself. It needs to be gutted (no pun intended) from the inside cutting out the insurgence greed and liability issues they have gotten way, way out of hand. Even with "Obama Care" not much is really going to change other than the baby boomer generation coming to drain what's left of the quality of affordable care and not the reform itself (yeah I know, what reform).

Comment

• Blackflag
          Banned
          • Apr 2006

It's no secret the AMA purposefully keeps supply low.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That's already being done...for years now also. Most, unfortunatelhy, are only after the $$$$ and could care less about patient care.
            Racist!

Comment

Working...