Does Kevin Costner of All People Have The Answer to this Mess?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Nature will cleanse and repair itself before the lawsuits on this fuck up are settled. Talk about a boom for the lawyers.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Katrina and now this oil spill. Louisiana's new slogan should be. "Welcome to Louisiana. Shit Happens here."
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Not under thousands of feet of ocean.
        I dunno...the guy dealt with fire, explosions and an army shooting at him while he capped the wells. What's a little water compared to that?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

My idea is to wire together a sort or barrier wall of hay bales, hay boom if you will, and they can be various lengths, shapes and sizes to fit in and around our marshland, bayous and other waterways...

Hay is very buoyant and oil bonds to it...

Weights can be added to the bottom course to keep the hay wall, or hay boom upright...

Screw Co$tner...

A bale of hay is less than two dollars but nobody seems to even want to hear my idea...

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            My idea is to wire together a sort or barrier wall of hay bales, hay boom if you will, and they can be various lengths, shapes and sizes to fit in and around our marshland, bayous and other waterways...Hay is very buoyant and oil bonds to it...Weights can be added to the bottom course to keep the hay wall, or hay boom upright...
            A bale of hay is less than two dollars but nobody seems to even want to hear my idea...
            I'm not mocking the idea, as with the threat to the Everglades at this point, I'm willing to consider almost anything. The problem I see in this plan is one of not only distribution, but of retrieval as well. Following that, exactly how much oil is absorbed by the bale until it is saturated, then what do you do with them? It seems to be me that it would be a bulky, cumbersome and altogether awkward way of sopping up the oil.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Scoop it up on a barge and burn it...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Well, he's smarter than the assholes who run BP apparently...
                It's all relative.

They may have accidently wrecked a beautiful part of the world but at least they never deliberately made The Postman.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

uhh hu uhu hu hu uhhuhuh uhu

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    My idea is to wire together a sort or barrier wall of hay bales, hay boom if you will, and they can be various lengths, shapes and sizes to fit in and around our marshland, bayous and other waterways...

Hay is very buoyant and oil bonds to it...

Weights can be added to the bottom course to keep the hay wall, or hay boom upright...

Screw Co$tner...

Why not use BOTH?

Besides, we don't want to cause a hay shortage. Would you want starving horses on your conscience?

Wilbur, feed me damn it!!
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...