Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Well, I'm going to ride around in my future father-in-law's boat for as long as I can...

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister

They are richer than a lot of countries.
      Maybe so, but they are a company that has to earn it's money, not a country that can just print it...

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Well, I'm going to ride around in my future father-in-law's boat for as long as I can...
        He's not so much gaining a son as losing a boat.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

You two should quit flirting and get a room: if you have children, however, they are going to be very, very confused on Sundays.....
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Let's not forget BP is drilling the Alaskan north slope and in control of the Alaskan pipeline. A pipeline past it's designed use term. In the past the law stated that only US oil companies could drill Alaska and all the oil had to be used in the US. Not anymore, the politicians were bought off and now a British company is taking our oil.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                I just found out the 1 in 6 of all pensions in the UK are tied into the BP share price so I guess that's why people are getting pissy.

BP shares are down 40% partly down to Obama. If I had a pile of money lying around I would buy some since Obama is obviously just doing some shouty PR and BP are insanely rich and will wriggle out of this.
                The richest people in the world are BP shareholders. Evelyn de Rothschild being one. Just that one family owns much of the world's wealth. If anything, they can merge the company in with another and change the name but as long as the world uses oil and there is no real competing fuel, they have us. One reason I wish they would make a law and sell flex fuel cars. It only costs $100 extra to make one. That way you could burn ethanol or petroleum. I'm in the ethanol business and we run flex fuel cars. There are parts of this country where ethanol could compete with oil. Bio diesel or propane made from natural gas is another alternative. This would add in some competition.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

It's all about the money anyways. If it's hurting someone in Britain financially then they aren't happy. It didn't ruin their tourist season or destroy their fishing business so they don't give a ratt's ass. If the problem was in their backyard it would be different. All they are worrying about is holy shit, my shares have gone down!

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Yep...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

We are entering an era where multinational corporations have become more powerful than individual countries. The European Union was put together by a bunch of well connected individuals behinds the scenes. The average European just watched their individual sovergnty dissolve in the name of one currency and free trade. They were pushing the North American Union hard when I was finishing college clear back in 1990 but now we see the BS and the failure. Basically the basket case countries like Italy failed even under the EU while Germany stayed solvent. Now it's coming apart and these elite assholes are trying to tape it back together.

Then you had cap and trade and it's failure in Copenhagen. What's interesting is China has stopped loaning money to the US and Europe and passing such things relies more on bribing than anything and various organizations tried to borrow their bribe money and could not get it. So really China and Russia aren't playing ball with this whole put the world under one happy corporate umbrella.

They are going to steal all the money they can by raising taxes, cutting services, raiding savings and pension funds while they try to save the Euro, socialize the US, possibly attack Iran, and make the International Monitary Fund an international treasury department.

The sick joke is they are still selling cap and trade via global warming; even though, it's pretty much whipped.

I think this whole oil disaster, the economy, and the internet is going to make things different. I don't see it as business as usual. I think the average person wants a sovergn state instead of having their state taken over by a global cabal of corporations. Watch these corporations sell themselves as the good guys coming to save us from the horrible depression. They will just sell another union to save the world. I don't think people are going to fall for it. I don't think they are going to get much more from Obama. He's a talking doll nobody listens to anymore.

Comment

• Igosplut
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        The richest people in the world are BP shareholders. Evelyn de Rothschild being one. Just that one family owns much of the world's wealth. If anything, they can merge the company in with another and change the name but as long as the world uses oil and there is no real competing fuel, they have us. One reason I wish they would make a law and sell flex fuel cars. It only costs $100 extra to make one. That way you could burn ethanol or petroleum. I'm in the ethanol business and we run flex fuel cars. There are parts of this country where ethanol could compete with oil. Bio diesel or propane made from natural gas is another alternative. This would add in some competition.
                        Ethanol creates more NOX than gas, and is what the EPA is hammering away at the car manufactures about (And as an aside, NOX is mainly a manufacture/power plant pollutant and shouldn't even be considered when the EPA will not address the main source of it) Cars are a very small source, but by the numbers they get hammered for it. Also, I've (and others) have seen more problems with O2 sensor contamination/malfunction since the Ethanol mix was instituted (we don't have a choice in MA). It could be argued that the risk of a number of malfunctioning emissions in autos from this would offset any gain from the mix (not to mention the cost to owners). The switch to Air/fuel sensors has solved this, but that is still a small majority of auto manufactures (mostly Asian). This isn't a big problem in the North-East (where you lost cars to attrition from the environment/rust) but in Southern-Western states (and states where there are no Emission testing) where cars can be driven for longer periods of years this can be a big contributor to HC emissions....
                        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

Working...